1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Welsh * up. He misjudged the flight of the ball and it bounced off his shoulder with no control over where it went.

He had a great game otherwise.

Hart stood waiting for the ball to come to him thinking he had more time on the ball. I imagine he's just not up to the speed of european football, or is getting too much time at domestic level.

The whole defence needs to sharpen up and go up another few levels.

scootz and Peej like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mistakes happen, both to blame.

Last night I was more blaming Welsh, but both to blame to certain degrees.

Anyone who thinks Welsh got a touch and that is enough is kidding themselves - he fluffed that completely and Hart was caught cold not sure what to do. Hart fault was not reading the next bounce properly and stood in the box too long.

Both to blame though.

Credit to Hart though, if you watch him later in the game (specially after Starfelt disaster), he starts to take more control of things and comes out with more confidence to punch the ball away on the edge of the box and the likes.

I reckon he hasn't realised just how * poor that backline is till last night, and once it clicked in him, he took a lot more control of the situations and came out to clear lines a lot more - can tell he realised he had no trust in that backline.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  3. cheesepoo

Hart doesn't move at all to the ball and its still a 50/50 when the player gets there. If Hart walks forward he gets it clear just before the player has a chance to block it. If Hart jogs it's never even a worry. Sure Welsh could have got more on it, but he's got more than enough on it as it is. Any amount of awareness and Hart gets it away zero bother.
    Happy enough with Hart overall but that was a shocker

4. AussieGreek

Good attitude.

5. Crilly

Welsh completely misread it and it bounced off him, he then went to run for the ball and stopped which made hart hesitate I think, hart was still at fault and though he should’ve cleared his lines. He made 2 good saves though aswell which helped us through. Bad mistake on his part but made up for it aswell. We need another cb in for the group stages

Peej likes this.
  6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    looks like he's saying don't sweat it wee man we will come good :56:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't get why some are determined to pin the blame on one or the other....blatantly obvious they both * it. Was raging at the time but both did well to recover.

buchanbhoy and AussieGreek like this.
  8. stew37

I think in the situation, Welsh did enough to allow for an easy clearance by Hart. If he just comes out and blooters it like he should have, could have been a different game.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His save when it was 0-0 in the first leg was crucial.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * love his attitude, just hope he doesn't have any errors in the next few games.

11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    There isn't a keeper on planet * earth that doesn't have a doozy in them, just sitting there waiting to * up his day.

He's only played a handful of games and (with the exception of FF) has proven superior to our last 3 keepers combined ffs.

He's levels above Bain, not that Bain is particularly bad, hes just not very good. A solid 2nd string imo.

He can do all the things that Gordon can't ie. pass a ball, kick a ball, find a man with a ball, punch a ball, catch a ball without flopping at it like a *, make a save at his near post, make a save without palming it over the bar for a corner, make a save without doing a * Kal El impersonation, make a save and keep his feet on the ground, make a save without kicking his ankles up behind him like a * dolphin at sea world, make a save and not look about him after it waiting for a pat on the back, command his box, organize defenders against set pieces, be an English man and ardently proud of his heritage without being a dirty hun *.... and on and on.

He's also a goalkeeper. Which that nugget Barkas clearly isn't. That * sits in between the net looking like a * mute ghost of Christmas past, where balls actually travel through his body. Better off putting a * scarecrow on the penalty spot.

With any of these keepers between the sticks last night and last week we go out. and we go out by a margin that would have us standig outside CP with torches and pitchforks. Plain and simple.

And before anyone pipes in with "aye that wouldnae happen with big Fraser", take a breath and think of the reason we were able to get Forster second time around in the first place. His multitude of brain farts led him to THIRD choice behind 2 chancers at Southampton.

Its very hard to imagine that Joe Hart can be as successful and prolific between the sticks as FF was, but I challenge any keeper in any league in Europe to do what FF did while he was here. His form was quite simply sublime. Easily the best keeper Ive seen at CP in over 30 years of supporting this club.

Hart may be nowhere near him, he might not even be the next best thing, but once he starts getting more and more games under his belt, settles in with the squad and to the city, he will be an absolute soldier for us. That im very confident of.

Oh, and theres no debate, Welsh was equally to blame for the first goal last night. It doesnt matter if he was caught unaware of the ball coming in, its his job as a CB to * be aware of it, and deal with it accordingly, and within the physical range it was in. But it was a brain fart, it happens. Hes been splendid given his youth and inexperience and nobody in their right mind would crucify him for it.

12. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thought he was quite poor over all last night although he did pull off a couple of saves.

13. AussieGreek

Micah Richards meets Joe Hart: 'Nuno said whatever happens I would not kick a ball for him'... the goalkeeper opens up on snubs from Tottenham, Man City and Gareth Southgate and his fresh start at Celtic

"I thought about the size of Celtic, that legendary home support and I thought: ‘Yeah! I have got to ****ing do that!’ I’ve done the Premier League. I wanted to go and take this on."

A good read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Hart-Nuno-said-happens-not-kick-ball-him.html

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's had a few howlers in his time. Looks like that experience paid off the other night. Got on with the job at hand.

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think we'll see mistakes like that quite a few times from Hart unfortunately. He's horrendous with the ball at his feet, was the reason Pep got rid of him and bought ederson. Massive improvement on Bain and Barkas however.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Iv only watched him for celtic. He's far from horrendous with his feet. Ofcourse many just go on old sound bites and believe it.

Spring Time and AussieGreek like this.
  17. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I seen him play for years with Man City and I disagree I think he is horrendous with the ball at his feet and is partial to the odd howler because of it. Still a great goalkeeper though.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Did ye aye. Hes been knocking big balls straight to a celtic player without fail. The only bad thing about his feet is his brain is slower when making the decision of who and when to pass it.

Spring Time likes this.
  19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

He obviously has & will make mistakes.
    I don’t think he’s as bad with his feet as has been portrayed. Some of the players aren’t finding the space or angles to help him play it out, or have played it poor balls back to him when he’s under pressure.
    Pep never even really gave him a chance & just bombed him out for Bravo, without giving him the opportunity to play the way Pep wanted, which was a new way for Joe & Man City.
    Bravo didn’t rule too long either only made about 5 league appearances when city won the epl. while he was there.

honda likes this.
  20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I love the guy. There's something humbling about him. He's not up his own *.

Rydo1888* likes this.