1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Starfelt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Carl Starfelt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye but what goal? More a hun helper.

2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good 2nd half but that OG was fooking * hour at it's best.. absolute diddy of a clearance. Hopefully that 2nd half will give him a bit of confidence.

3. Heb Celt

Decent player just needs to cut out these mistakes,his decision making is questionable at times.A good defensive coach would sort all that out……………..

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's a liability just now.

5. mayo

Hate to say it but Morelos will cause him all types of problems Sunday I fear

Maestro 08 likes this.
  6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Trouble is we don't have time to bed players in

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I do have sympathy that he was thrown straight in to high profile games for us, again Ange's hand was forced there too with Bitton the only other option who's also a liability.

We need Jullien back.

Jeannie960 and Taz like this.
  8. Mr Diggler

Starfelt doesn't look great if we are honest. Hesitant on the ball, prone to * mistakes, not great pace if caught out over the top. Honestly would not have him in the team when Julien is back. I think Welsh has been much better.

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hopefully during the international break Ange will have time to really bed in these recent arrivals and any incoming new players to bed them in with the system he has implemented.

Hopefully after that we may see Starfelt settle properly and become much more solid, because he really hasn#t put in a 90 performance where have felt completely comfortable that he can handle anything and everything that is required of him.

But w still need Julien back ASAP as well as a new CB to provide competition for places.

10. Maestro 08

I think you're wrong. He's a liability and the help you think he needs is something you would be expecting of a youth making his way not a first choice, expensive CB. Morelos and his physicality will have a field day against him. Hopefully Welsh and Ralston bail him out again.

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Its starfelt playing at centre back
    I think he's * rubbish
    It's like having shane duffy back

12. Lecs

I don't really see what this guy brings to be honest.

4 million quid for a Swedish internationalist who has played in the Russian Premier League, a good age to be experienced and versatile with having moved to a new country and climate etc, but I don't see what he brings yet.

It's early days to be fair but he's certainly not the CB we all wanted him to be.

My only defense of him is that he has no competition, that will turn to criticism if we sign another CB and suddenly he starts playing brilliantly.

It is healthy for teams to have players fighting for a jersey, Starfelt knows that him and Welsh are starting all day long because there is no * else there. Sign a decent CB and suddenly Starfelt will realise that he's not guaranteed the jersey.

We often see the best of players when they know they have somebody champing at the bit to come in and take their place.

13. jambo_cfc

i dont think so , i think morelos is the type he will do well against , the issue is he looks clumsy when people are heading to the byline.

14. Maestro 08

There's that and he gets rolled by players and let's the ball bounce before trying to head it, can't pass, crumbles under pressure, was so bad on his left foot we had to switch Welsh to the left of the CB's to accommodate him and he still smashed a howler in to his own net when called upon to use his left. So, basically he struggles with most things. Morelos will torment him.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  15. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Being Swedish, I take great interest in how fellow countrymen do when they play abroad.

Unfortunately, Starfelt reminds of another Swedish center half who played for the other lot, in more ways than one.

Karl Svensson came after having been part of the Swedish WC squad in 2006. Never understood the pace of play in the SPL, let the ball bounce in the box, was bullied by opposition forwards, et cetera. Ended in tears after the one season.

I´ve been hoping since day one that he would be a success. I still have hope, but he needs to adapt NOW. Not in a few weeks time, now.

The thought of Carl in the starting XI on Sunday doesn´t fill me with confidence. That´s being very polite as well.

The Phoenix and reillers88 like this.
  16. RiquelmeCSC

I feel like even though he had a decent second half, we won’t play like that in the league. Second half last night was very backs to the wall type defending(what Shane Duffy was good at) for that reason I just don’t see him being that great here. If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million time, he looks terrified every time the ball comes near him. That’s not what I expect a big commanding CB to be like.

17. Maestro 08

He's not big or commanding sadly.

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  18. RiquelmeCSC

Exactly….I don’t want to be defeatist but I just can’t see him turning it around.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Each team throughout history and good runs has had a "scape goat" this boys caught it early. Personally think he's getting better, random own goal aside he's improving. If it turns out Welsh keeps being the best defender then big julien will put this boy on the bench as backup.

AussieGreek likes this.
  20. Big C

If either of our 3 academy players that finished that game last night at the back, made any of the mistakes he’s made they’d get absolutely slaughtered. There would be people looking for heads to roll. Thank * for Welsh and Ralston.
    The bigger question is who decided he was good enough to spend that fee on him. From the hearts game he’s been brutal and doesn’t look like an Ange signing to me.

mayo likes this.