1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It was a bad mistake but a mistake he should cut out and is really brought on by the style of play we're doing.

Another team Welsh would have just headed it back into the middle but the way we play he tried to chest it back and again another team the keeper just smashes it anywhere but Hart for us is probably trying to eye up a pass and took too long.

Sort of mistake and blunder we'll probably do 10-15 times this season by trying to play from the back.

scootz likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

What's he thinking at the first goal ? Were him and Welsh playing musical statues

callumrae1967 likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why does he punch when there is an easy catch?

4. Celticbhoy97

World Class…. Sometimes….. Sunday League… Sometimes, still top quality can’t wait for him at full speed

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think it's the way we play, it's why Starfelt seems panicky on the ball. Probably being coached all week to keep calm and pass it round in triangles out the back but he's uncomfortable doing it yet he knows he needs to do is so is a bag of nerves as just kicking it long every time or down the wing will get him punted even though thats probably what he likes and naturally does.

Same as Taylor pretty much every game and tonight Montgomery always when under pressure pass it inside to midfield along the ground and give it away to the oppositions midfield, they attempt risky passes rather than just kick it long or put it anywhere even though it.

Most teams Welsh would have just headed that ball but we're trying to bring balls down and pass it out, so Welsh has glanced it back and then Hart rather than just boot it to * is thinking about where to pass it to, to retain possession - took too long and had it stole.

Reminds me a bit of Gordon under Rodgers at first, mind he used to pause and hesitate for ages panicking like * as Rodgers always wanted the ball dinked out to full-backs and he was * at it and always made a * of it but kept doing it even though you could tell he hated it and was nervous. Thats the way Starfeldt looks, Hart was just a blunder ovethinking i'd say though.

6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

First goal was a howler between him and Welsh but made a few big saves again. Been such an upgrade already.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The big man had a howler letting that goal in.

What impressed me, he moved on and played like it never happened. He’s obviously learnt through experience that the next save/kick is the most important.

Well done to him. 3 massive saves that none of our other keepers would make.

mayo and bobbybhoy92 like this.
  8. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think the first goal and general distribution shows we really should have went for Matt Ryan AND Hart if we insist on playing that way against better sides.

But....he more than made up for the mistake over the two legs with his leadership and shot stopping. Thank * we finally have a goalie that isn't * scared of being hit by a football. Likeable * too.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Paul McAuley

Honestly thought the game had been pulled back. Don't know what he was doing there. Don't care tho, dug us out twice with two fantastic saves.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    And we would've won 1-0 if we didn't help AZ score.

They missed chances they should've scored and scored goals they shouldn't have.

As for Hart, he put us in a position where we found ourselves vulnerable but helped to dig us out. Strange performance but still night and day compared to Bain or Barkas. If we can't pass it out the back, we need to go long.

I'd still like another keeper in next summer.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really poor at the first goal, just seemed to freeze up. That aside he done well and I'd rather have him in goals than both Bain and Barkas at the same time.

12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is a massive point Hammy. It's the only thing that's niggling at me with regards to big Ange, the boys at the back need to be given the freedom to decide themselves when to play and when to punt.

We need to be scouring Europe for a mid-20's keeper who has the potential to play quick, accurate passes to phase in over the next couple of years. Haven't studied the likes of Siegrist or the St Johnstone keeper enough to say whether they fit that description, I like both of them but the passing thing is a deal breaker.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I love him but sometimes he makes your heart stop when he's a bit slow to put the ball back out and forwards are running at him. Don't know whether he's being a bit too casual or trying to wind opposition players up :56:I just know my head is screaming hurry up and get it back out there :56:

cas79 likes this.
  15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He's done that a good few times in his career and cost goals

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. mayo

He’ll cut those mistakes out with more game time I think

Rydo1888* likes this.
  17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Those 2 mistakes were nothing to do with lack of game time, bread and butter goalkeeping.

Hammy89 and cas79 like this.
  18. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    No he won't it's ingrained in his game, he played every game for city for years and made they mistakes, he done it a Torino and West ham he's done it here too the more he plays the more he will make mistakes that's why he's here and not still at city or an English club

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

19. Mr Diggler

Hart will always have a mistake in him but he is also the type of keeper that can win you games. With him it will be taking the bad with the good.

20. Maestro 08

Stupidly tried to skin the player for the goal, when you watch it you can see he was going for that fake clearance stunt. Suspect he was caught between clearing it and angeball and went for the latter, too late tho.

After that I thought he was superb. Well done.