1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If he helps us to the title and 40+million then I'm more than happy for him to leave on a free.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

West Ham turned down the chance to sign Odsonne Edouard from Celtic earlier this summer, according to a report.

The Express state that David Moyes men knocked back a number of attackers including the Frenchman.

Roma striker Tammy Abraham, who left Chelsea this summer, is also noted as having been snubbed.

The report notes that the club have opted to show faith in Michail Antonio this term

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Winning the league is worth more, if Edouard stays and helps us do that then I’m happy. It’s a big IF though.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I take it the IF bit is the "Edouard helping us" bit?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye I don’t trust the * either tbh.

The Phoenix and NomDePlum like this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd love him to stay and do the business but no idea if he will or won't.

If I was to guess what he does in a match is down to the way the wind it blowing at the moment as much as anything else. Shame as he is a class player.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Damnati

I don't think he has the desire to help us. Yes, he's been better recently, but I'm not convinced we wouldn't have been better with Kyogo through the middle and somebody else out left. If we can get rid for anything over £12m I think we should do it.

8. northeast67

His hearts not 100% in it so sell now, get a 20% sell on and be done with it, same with Ajeti! Not interested

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agree with you. If we get any kind of decent offer around the 15m mark I would take it at this point. Christie at least seems like he will put the performances in but Edouard who knows right now.

Damnati likes this.
  10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I’m wondering if he’s seen the offers that Ntcham is getting and that the PL or Ligue 1 lights are fading, could explain the recent turnaround. It’s only a minor turnaround but along with Kyogo taking his spot, it’s probably all been a big wake up call.

I reckon the alarm has been going off for the change in attitude. Think he’ll realise he hit the snooze button last year, soon, then realise that clubs aren’t stacking their squads with anyone of question in these tough financial times. There’s a lot of free agents who’ve got paid too much for too long who are hanging out to rip off the next club.

Think he’ll be here to the end of his contract.

11. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hope we sell him, Lennon has come out and said Edouard wanted to leave, Ange hasn’t really said Edouard has said he wants to stay.

He’s scored a few and is performing a bit better but I just don’t feel like he wants to be here and that he’s still not putting in 100%, I’d rather a player not as good as him that will work his * off than Edouard who is ridiculously talented but probably giving 50% effort at best.

greengrocer likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was thinking about Lennon’s recent comments regarding Edouard. I’d love to hear Odsonne’s side of the story.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I've never been convinced he was that great in the first place! We hoped that he was as good as Dembele but it didn't work out that way. Trouble is he himself bought into the original hype and started to believe he was a superstar, the big "I am". He never quite hit those heights. I think some Celtic fans are embarrassed to admit we were wrong about him. Yes he showed flashes of real potential but for me there has been no real consistency in his play. Always that one touch too many or always with his back to goal. Lacks sharpness and instinctiveness. A lot of games he couldn't hit a barn door if it was in front of him. You need to have real desire and look like you want to be part of the team. To often that's not him. All the flaws are there to see when we've seen better.

He's always going to be a player that divides opinion among us.

Hope N Ur Heart and Born green like this.
  14. Foley1888

I think it is the worst kept secret he wants to go. Your eyes tell you this with the way he has played compared to how he played prior to COVID.

He probably is gutted that happened when it did as without it a fairly big club would have bought him given the form he was in. However it did happen and we are where we are.

Edouard is a cracking player on his day but he has been less than cracking for more than a season now. Even recently when he has looked a bit better he is missing some amount of good chances and unlike Kyogo and the others not really making up for it by scoring others.

I still think in the grand scheme of things we would be better with an 8 figure fee with some sort of sell on, as long as it is reinvested in 2 or 3 players between now and January.

Jordann likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Utter pish. He’s been fantastic overall.

Zander, Hammy89 and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I wouldn’t really trust anything Lennon says as we all know that he is about self-preservation and he’ll throw everyone and anyone under the bus..

Think Frank Macca made a comment at this time last year and then Edouard went and scored and hat trick next game and tweeted this..

Yeah it might be superficial from Edouard but it shows he must care about that opinion being levelled at him as he’s usually a quiet, more reserved type.

JML67 and Hammy89 like this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm really torn on this one. A fit and firing Édouard guarantees goals, but to end losing him for no fee is unthinkable - yet with nobody willing to make a move for him we have no choice in that matter.

Will he give 100% to guarantee himself a good move? Or will he be trying to keep injury-free for any club that is willing? Would we actually play better with Kyogo through the middle even if Eddie is still here?

Either way come the end of the window we will know what's happening, seems at this point he will probably end up staying with us, playing out his skin for 4 months and signing a pre-contract in January. Hopefully we have a replacement lined up either this window or next.

The Phoenix likes this.
  18. Born green

When every Celtic fan tells you over and over again that you're the best in the country, as well as a lot of the media, you start to believe it. I think that is partly what has held him back in fulfilling his potential. If he is being played every week regardless of how poorly he plays and still being told he is the best thing around, then where is the motivation to improve.

Without exaggeration, every game I've watched the past year I sit and wait for the commentator to say something along the lines of "Edouard loses the ball, that's not like him". Well, it is like him if you are saying it every game, and I can predict you saying it.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve thought about it and came to the conclusion * the fee, get us into the group stages. Kyogo and Eddy for a season would be dyno.

20. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Would prefer the fee myself... our signings have been great and I believe we cld get someone decent.. but is it too late in the Window? Probably! Would b rushed at this point IMO