1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There would have been no Kyogo either!

2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Would love to see Lovric on the left for a reasonable price.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I would say that each man has a different approach as a manager. I prefer Ange.

honda likes this.
  4. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    He just smiled and and handed me a * hooped shirt. I like the imagery.

5. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I now understand what you mean regarding referees. I just watched the highlights in the SPL league this past week.

Unbelievable ! Rangers v Ross County - no penalty given for a blatant handball in the box my grannie could have seen ! The Rangers no.26 pleading innocence - what nonsense !

The Hearts game - Boyce and his elbows everywhere. The Dundee game - Dundee no.8 sent off for simulation when he clearly had his heels clipped from behind going forwards. What's going on here ?

By the way , not impressed by Rangers at all. No better than Hearts, who I rate a better team. Rangers are like big zombies on Ketamine. Can not wait for Sunday. They will wilt under the constant pressure.

By the 70th minute Ange will have them all panting with their tongues hanging on their chests.

AussieGreek and greengrocer like this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I have a confession to make.

As a young boy I was so happy to watch Celtic beat inter-Milan on the black and white tv. Cattennaccio beaten by attacking and attractive football. Inter-Milan were a legend of a club at that time and Celtic knocked them off their perch with purist football. A milestone. The First British club to win the European Cup. I am sure Jock Stein admired the way Real Madrid played and wanted to match them.

In Melbourne I was a mad follower of South Melbourne, no other club in Australia has ever had a similar effect on me. They also played attacking football, were fair players and some were even great in my opinion. Ange is a product of South Melbourne also, and I also played for them at junior u/16 level.

South Melbourne are not in the national competition at present given the way the game is structured here at present and I do not get to see them play any more because of my work and family commitments. I miss the joy and the passion of watching good football and the crowd reaction.

I am much older now but that joy I had watching football has come back to me watching football under Ange at Celtic.
    I wish Celtic and Ange all the success in the world. Watching the team is uplifting, the way they play as a unit and give their all.

I can not think of a better team he could have gone to in order to uphold its football tradition.

Draupnir, OziBeerMan, VT8 and 9 others like this.
  7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  8. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Any more clips of Ange on the training pitch motivating the troops, that one clip from last week of him telling the players to go fcking get them was brilliant

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I bet the SMSM are trying like * to get a photo of a snarling angry Ange so that they can use it when printing any stories about Celtic in the same way they did with NL.

10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Going for a high scoring draw on Sunday or a high scoring win for us.

11. markybhoy1976 Gold Member Gold Member

* all this draw negative pish. League wise the huns are next up for a * hammering. Not before time either. We’ve hit the ground running and we’ll run these * into the ground. Slippy and the bottlemen will be predictable and big Ange will have their number. Celtic to win everyday of the week. HH

VT8, George Theodorou and greengrocer like this.
  12. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    We all know they * it when pressed and with our front 3 pressing so high I think they may very well * the bed.

Only thing that will hinder us is....our high press and ref giving. "Fouls" against us and breaking up our play

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly canny love this guy anymore.

Interview on Kyogo was perfect.

Draupnir likes this.
  14. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    They will target Taylor and Starfelt no doubt as they are perhaps our weakest links right now . we will target taverner and goldson for lack of pace. It will be a free scoring game but I have us at the advantage due to the added firepower we have up front, especially as we can rotate personnel to change the dynamic And for the fact that they are playing a euro game in a sauna midweek

markybhoy1976 likes this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Come back on Sunday if we pump the huns

Liam Scales and straighttalker like this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’re better than Hearts mate, think underestimating them is another reason we’re in the position we are, they aren’t a pretty team but they can be * effective.

Draupnir and Mince.Charming like this.
  17. AussieGreek

As I've said before, I'm more excited by Celtic then I am by another other football. I don't even watch Panathinaikos or Greek football anymore, and time to time I might watch the Greek clubs in Australia play.

If it wasn't for the COVID-19, there would've been more chance of me going to Alkmaar to watch Celtic play in Holland then me getting a 30 minute metro to watch Panathinaikos play.

VT8 likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There's also the psychological aspect. We haven't been the * since 2019

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I can genuinely say I never wanted Howe. Never had any experience of coaching at a big club like Celtic and felt he was another arrogant English * who would stab us in the back when it suited him. Turns out that was before he even showed up!

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I feel good about our ability to get at them on Sunday. But on the other side I do not have any confidence in our defence period not just Taylor and Starfelt. I feel good about Hart in goal but that is it defensively. Will be interesting to see if we can deal with set pieces into our box. If we can manage that that will go a long way to giving us a chance to win the game. I am probably tempting fate by saying it but I will anyway. The one thing I do not see any chance of happening on Sunday is the game finishing 0-0.