1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Why is his contract up in January? Bizarre.

I really hope we can persuade him to stay. His transfer options are grim as *.

Burnley, Sheffield United or Southampton. As a celtic fan he should realise what it would be worth to stay.

Armstrong at Southampton could sway him.

2. saltire78

Pretty sure he's gonna stay and play his heart out until Christmas transfer window and then walk on a free. The matches in the league and Europe will up his values to buyers, and with a free he'll land big wages. No point talking about extension/transfer fees as I think those are real longshots.

Hopefully he'll help us romp league and out of EL group before he goes, and if he does them fair * to him

MagicBallBhoy and Jukes like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was interesting that article that mentioned him working hard and no wanting to be frozen out by Ange if he was to see his contract out..

Almost like aye I'm being skeekit but I don't want you to know it..

Time will tell..

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd love him to stay but I doubt he will. Hopefully just plays his * off until christmas and we have a replacement lined up.

5. Jukes

Its up to him if he wants to stay. Postecoglou has made it perfectly clear that he has a place in the team and is an important player in the side. There is something special happening at Celtic and I hope he wants to be part of it. He is playing great football under Ange. There is no guarantee he can replicate it at another club. The way Celtic is playing and the managers style suits him very well.

6. wulliebad

I'm sure he is playing well to get a better move in Jan. Both him and eddy have had contract offers since last year or longer and clearly stalling.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He’s off no way is he signing up even for an incentive.

Big C likes this.
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thats it, we are so reactive, wait till he is gone and then go "Guess we better start looking for a replacement" We all know he wont be here next season, so now is the time to bring in his replacement.

The Phoenix likes this.
  9. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Still say * him if he wants out. He has been playing decent but wants away so he can bolt

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

Christie probably thought he would get decent offers on the back of the Euros. Little did he know he would have a * tournament

11. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Genuine question, why do so many of our fans assume that he wants out and go so far as to victimise him for it without any real evidence?

These are the same fans who (quite rightly) jump to criticise the board for their negotiations when it comes to transfers and who have seen evidence (take Jackie McNamara as an example) that they’ll completely screw over our players to save a few pounds.

What makes you think Christie doesn’t want to stay and isn’t being short changed by the board? It certainly can’t be based on effort or performances.

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I would have no doubt that whatever deal is in front of him isn’t fair value for him and what he brings to our team.

I’m not convinced he wants to leave, but I am convinced that he doesn’t have the right deal in front of him. Just like we got JJ for £2.5m, it seems like the board has done the same here and lowballed in the hope of wearing him down.

From what you write, I feel that you might know more. Care to share.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  13. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I don't think negotiations with current players will begin until the window closes.

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Because of his da

Brian Dunphy, Moore and Pablo87 like this.
  15. Jeffrey

Also, if players fulfil their contract, what’s the * problem. They’ve done exactly as they are asked.

Signing an extension will require solid interest from other clubs, and as seen with Eddy/Dembele/Ajer - it doesn’t promise they will get the move they want when their stocks are high. Important players are always needed at Celtic unless a ridiculous offer comes in. The way we handle things it’s a surprise we haven’t had a player PROPERLY down tools.

If he wants to fulfil his contract and leave, fair play. No hard feelings, but I’d rather he stayed.

The_Bhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  16. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, to be fair to Christie he hasn’t said anything personally. It was his da that came out shouting his mouth off.

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Care to expand on that?

From a quick google search, the most recent comments I can find from his dad appear to be:

"Ryan is very ambitious and he loves playing for Celtic, but I have no doubt there will be other clubs looking at him. To score 20 goals from midfield by March, it would be mad for scouts not to have him on their radar, and I mean at the very top level.

I would temper that by saying that he's having the time of his life at Celtic. He's got a nice flat in a nice area of Glasgow and he says there's a real bond in the changing room and he's very close friends with a lot of guys in there.

I think Ryan could play at that level, there are a lot of Celtic players who could. They have an abundance of talent. We watch the English Premier League and see how John McGinn has thrived, how Stuart Armstrong is doing so well. I just don't think we give our players enough credit." (The Herald, July 2020)

I may have missed something more recent, but from that “he loves playing for Celtic” and “he’s having the time of his life” :43:

I also don’t really see how it’s fair to hold his father’s comments against him anyway :39:

18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As of a few weeks ago (and I have no reason to believe that’s changed), his sole focus was on Celtic and he was awaiting a proper non-derisory contract offer.

If we put a fair offer to him, I’d be very surprised if he left.

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    TBF to his dad, that just sounds like a dad trying to say his son is talented enough and could go down to the PL and succeed. But he loves it at Celtic so don’t push my son out by putting a * offer on the table because he’s worth a decent(reasonable) offer.

So far this season he has shown nothing other than commitment to the hoops. I want the board to put a proper offer to him because a lot of people (fans, teammates) will be raging if he leaves and we find out they didn’t. And trust me, we always find out eventually.

Spring Time and McGrory1888 like this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This is where I'm at too and .. he signed a contract and he is seeing it out and playing fantastic football while doing it..

We complain when players eff off after 2 years on a 4 year contract. Signed a 4 year contract and fulfilled it and then he will decide on his future I reckon. Then we will see how much Celtic value him..

End of the day Ryan Christie will look out for Ryan Christie and why the * wouldn't he.

Belgian_lad likes this.