1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Watching Greg Taylor playing in Europe. :fear:

blackfish and packybhoy like this.
  2. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Up until the second goal went in V St Johnstone in May 1998.

johnboy19, blackfish, belbhoy and 2 others like this.
  3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    No wonder after working in an abattoir ....
    Certain mindset required there.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Was on a business trip to India and was flying over the alps when the plane hit turbulence. I’ve never been a big fan of flying so even a little turbulence scares the * out of me. Started of just a bit Rocky then quickly turned into what felt like a rollercoaster ride. What scared me the most was one of the air stewards who was walking around had to jump into a seat next to me so he didn’t end up getting launched around, when I looked at his face he looks petrified as well. Plane then took what felt like a massive nose dive and got that horrible stomach flipping sensation. Genuinely thought that was me done and began looking at photos of family on my phone. Went on for what felt like an eternity but probably only around 15 minutes. Pilot later announced it was something to do with the wind generated from the mountains below and that he had to immediately drop thousands of feet to get us out of whatever flight zone was causing the turbulence. Got absolutely reeking straight after it.

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Had the same experience flying back from the Serengeti to Arusha....small 12 seater plane so could see the pilot and out his window....plane felt and looked like it was going to tip.....

Gyp Rosetti and Gioventu like this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You might have a point actually. Watching a guy saw a coo in half, climb inside and scoop its insides down a funnel just made me want to get down the canteen for some rolls and beef links :giggle1:

Scariest thing about the abbatoir was it’s workforce was 98% hun.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  7. Al Bootyerbaws

I'm no bad on planes but when it starts that carry on and the flight attendants start to look worried that gives me the heeby jeebies. Only happened once or twice, one time when I was hungover coming home from Las Vegas. How I never hut a whitey that day I will never know.

Gioventu likes this.
  8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    About 7 year ago I got a job as driver/labourer for rough casters. Had only passed my driving test a few months earlier but was confident. Was asked one day to take a couple pallets of stuff up to Fort William which were then to go to Skye.

Was buzzing at the opportunity to test my driving skills in the pickup I had, so I told the gaffer I'd just head straight up to Skye. Some of the roads were tight and going past big HGV's gave me a fright as it felt like I was missing them by a matter of inches. Still was some buzz though.

Then got to a mad mountain pass, a road climbing higher and higher and it was getting dark. That bendy road up the mountain was * terrifying man, not being that experienced it felt like I was about to drop off a cliff at any moment. Absolutely shat it :giggle1:

Was still glad I did it though, what an experience.

Liam Scales and Dalbeth3 like this.
  9. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just checked there. He talked about how it was the anniversary coming up, which would imply its a date coming soon. He made the post on April 15th, which could have been the following day or it could have been the few days following. Anyhow, I just checked and seen that the Boston Bombings happened on April 15th. There's coincidences and all, but that's just * weird.

McChiellini.. and blackfish like this.
  10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ah the joys of flying! Had a few beauties!

way back from World Cup 1990, landing gear wouldn’t come down, those foam machine trucks were lining the runway when we finally landed at Luton - gear must’ve eventually came down, but we were told to brace so I’m guessing the light to say it was locked in place wasn’t on in cockpit and we had run low on fuel so the pilot had to go for it.

had an engine blow out shortly after take off from Faro, emergency landing at Lisbon

flight from West Yellowstone to Salt Lake City hit turbulence off the rockies and the plane dropped like a * stone - it was a 36 seat Focker - stewardess went upside down with her drinks tray and they flew about the cabin, cabin door flew open and my Walkman smashed to bits as it went down the aisle and hit the cabin. Was like a disaster movie scene, honeymoon couple in front of me, guy on oxygen and the only thing missing was a nun with a guitar! They had to prise my fingers out the seat pad when we landed!

flight from Venice to East Midlands (flight down just over 2 hours - flight back nearly 3 and a half hours due to headwinds and a storm the pilot tried to avoid). So, we are on runway and pilot says there’s a bad storm we are flying into so cabin crew strapped in whole way and it’s going to be choppy, but “let’s give it a go!”. I shat myself! It was horrific, literally from about 20 minutes into the flight till we made it over Englands shores. People were crying as the plane moved from side to side and up and down. It was * awful. Someone mentioned a rollercoaster above. This was the same if not worse. When we landed I had to sit for half an hour before driving home.

I used to fly a lot across the Atlantic 8 - 10 times year, plus all the connecting flights and then all the holiday flights, golf trips, stag weekends etc, but as I got older I started to hate it. It’s a an ordeal I can do without.

Scary life situation, taxi took a wrong turn and I/we ended up in this derelict warehouse district in Jersey City (murder capital of the world at that point) and I thought I was done for! Like a scene from a movie. Started screaming at the taxi driver saying get the * out of here now and he was at first pretending he didn’t know what I was saying. He said he took wrong turn. Told him to get * moving and get me to nearest street with bars etc. to this day I still think he was taking me there to get mugged. *. I guess there’s a lot to be said about an angry/scared Scottish accent threatening you! So he drove out of there and dropped me off.

I’ve managed to avoid trouble of a physical nature all my days. I’m a total shitebag with Spidey Senses when it comes to bad situations. As soon a I feel uncomfortable I’m outta there!

saw a girl stab her boyfriend in San Francisco, saw aftermath of a shooting at a Safeway in Denver, was simply going for beers! People literally stepping over this dude as he lay in doorway! Mental!

I’m sure there’s been other * that I’ve just blocked out my mind. I’m getting old now.

Smithy, Johniebhoy., belbhoy and 2 others like this.
  11. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    When is your next holiday mate and where? Just so i dont book the same flight:56::50:

blackfish likes this.
  12. leeso-ardoyne

I remember this! Horrible * she is. I think she got time for it aswell. Big difference from us and them. Any time we got hold of Huns the woman of Ardoyne stopped us. Even during rioting one time in Ardoyne one was got hold off. The woman, and even some republican woman wouldn't let us near him. Brought him over to the cops for his own safety.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That story about the boy getting abducted only to get away, ask for help and be rounded up again makes me sick..

Poor *. Some evil * man..

It reminds me of a boy who got caught by some predator in America. He got away, naked and bleeding.....2 lassies helped him in some ghetto, phoned the polis, only for the scumbag coppers to hand him back to the serial killer who killed him and stuck him in the freezer..

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. leeso-ardoyne

Something similar happened just two year ago in Belfast although the full details are still unknown. Noagh Donahue's death.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Unbelievable the cover up with that case..

16. Keano88

What’s this mate? Recent is it?

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Quite an old case mate..

Jeffrey Dahmer was the serial killer. Ended up murdered in prison..

18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My mates won’t sit next to me on planes and last trip over to Dortmund on business my colleagues all chose random seats away from me on the plane!

Suited me though, got to listen to my music without having to talk to any of the useless *.

neilly1987 and belbhoy like this.
  19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Forgot to put the soya sauce in my pot noodle. Nightmares for months.

blackfish likes this.
  20. Keano88

Ah yeah I seen that on a documentary actually.

Incompetent beyond belief from the polis.

No sure if the wee lad spoke English or that but surely if he did he’d have been pleading like * to the polis and doing everything to avoid going back in that house with that sick *.

Maybe passed out in the polis car with the drugs in his system and they somehow fell for Dahmers story. Wee guy wakes up and he’s back in that * house.

McChiellini.. likes this.