1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Lennon’s first spell is looked on far more fondly than it should be. The reality is if we’d hired a decent manager back then we’d have easily had more success.

Celtic fans can’t see past the myth that no manager wants to come here. Lennon in the first spell is seen as the only person who would take us on as if we were a * leper of a club. It does my nut in. We’ve wasted so much opportunity on him only to be rewarded with occasional decent runs in Europe.

He was a bawhair away from letting a dying club win 4 in a row. The * was lucky they hired one of Scottish footballs worst ever managers for that season.

We can get a Rodgers type no bother if we show a bit of ambition and give a manager the industry standard amount of respect and control.

theweeman, The Phoenix and martin_d like this.
  2. Heb Celt

Still blaming everyone but himself.Best thing for him to do is put his hands up and say he was at fault too.I’d start respecting him again if would do that.

martin_d likes this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    This is what I don't get though, not ONE person would of said this when he got appointed a second time. It's fine to say it now because that's the general consensus and is an honest assessment. Said it then and admins here would of threatened you with a ban. It was like the second coming of Jesus. Same is happening with Edouard , everything he achieved here is slowly being lost and everyone can only think of the worst aspects of his time here.

4. StevieBhoooy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000yzvk

Deeply annoying that he won’t just shut his face and get in with NOT being at Celtic any more…

…. unfortunately the media seem to be giving him the opportunity to spout his Pish.

Just coming across as a bitter failure now.

martin_d likes this.
  5. JamesM09

I don’t know about the forum but the consensus among supporters when Lennon was appointed was extremely negative.

It put a huge dampener on the treble celebrations and it was no coincidence that moment of elation was chosen for the announcement. Even the board, it seems, knew the truth.

The Phoenix and martin_d like this.
  6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Was clear he doesn't have the greatness to admit it's proper coaching and tactical nous which turned it round. I pity him. Must be such a sad and lonely *.

martin_d likes this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I do think a lack of fans hurt us last season. But Lennon made tactical mistakes, and like many other managers, lacks the guts to admit it. Christie at RW is a glaring one, now that we see where he shines.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. SkyeCelt

Really wish he'd shut the * up and just go away for a few years.

martin_d likes this.
  9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He spent the transfer budget on Barkas , Duffy and Ajeti and has the brass neck to say he takes exception to people saying Ange is doing a better job......

martin_d likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is true. It ruined my mood and I don't know many fans that were happy with the appointment.

The Phoenix, JamesM09 and martin_d like this.
  11. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Anything to absolve himself of any blame. Shameless.

12. AussieGreek

13. lespaul

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    grace
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I can remember being happy Lennon came in when Rodgers fked off in February 2019 and was happy he was on hand to get us over the line but remember after we beat hearts to win the treble treble, leaving hampden getting on the supporters bus and the radio announcer saying, Lennon was getting the job full time the general consensus and mood on the bus was basically “ thanks for coming in and getting us over the line but nah definitely not happy he is the man to take us forward “,

charlietully and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Reading what Lenny has to say about the revival under Ange and I'm actually starting to dislike the *. I * loved Lenny as well.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Same m8. I loved him as a player but he is now just coming across as a bitter and twisted *

greengrocer likes this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

This guy is just a Grade A *, and the epitome of everything that was wrong at our football club.

It may well have been worth it in the long run to have * the league by so much if it meant ridding our club of this unprofessional, egotistical jakeball.

theweeman, Davbhoyinoz and JamesM09 like this.
  18. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    You should keep his mouth shut and salvage what respect he has left from fans. Which is getting less and less every week.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Someone just needs to have a word with him and make him realise that until he accepts a modicum of responsibility, anything he says is treated with the disdain it should be.

Gyp Rosetti and MacEwan like this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just listened to his stuff about the pandemic.

Two things. Does he know the pandemic affected everyone? Does he understand he is diminishing his own talents as a manager by saying he couldn’t raise players without a crowd?

It’s astonishing the stuff he’s coming away with.