1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Everyone has been bagging Bitton lately but i feel there is a role for him to play, but not in the defensive line. He really has the ability to make some killer defense splitting passes with the ball on the deck and at unexpected moments. Needs to keep his anger in check and stay calm. He can fill in for Soro in the same position. Am sure Ange will set him right. I just hope he has the right attitude.

cat123 likes this.
  2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Really pleased with the result. Fair few nervy moments throughout, to be expected given the standard of the opposition. Came within inches of taking a 3-0 lead into the 2nd leg.

Another test in which the players have responded. Guys like Ralston and Welsh taking their games up levels which I doubted they had. Welsh looking far more experienced and composed of the two centre halfs. Joe Hart with a couple of good stops. Wee Kyogo putting himself into the positions and getting goals.

Ange spoke post-match about only being so long we can ask these players to perform at this standard. And need to add to the squad, not just depth but quality to challenge for starting. And while we have added, we need to do more. Ange and the players have been asked to do so much in a short space of time. And its about time Dom and the board matched that commitment by getting the additions to the squad the manager needs.

Taz likes this.
  3. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Some result that. If I am honest I felt that tonight would have been a step too far at this stage for us. The football that we are playing is amazing to watch. At the moment I can't wait for the next game to come. I think the result is testament to how far Ange and the bhoys have come and we will get better.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  4. Trequartista

Fantastic result. We definitely rode our luck on a few occasions but getting the goals is what matters. First goal was fantastic, tremendous cross and finish.
    Some huge performances tonight, especially from Ralston, Rogic and Hart. Having this Rogic has been brilliant, a joy to watch when he is like this.

Not going to lie, I am very apprehensive about the return leg. They are a very good and competent footballing team, were carving us open with three and four passes. Massive shift required next week but I certainly fancy us to score.

5. phreeky

Yeah but you could certainly say the same about them, their keeper had a lot more work to do than Hart.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Would’ve bit your hand off for a 2-0 win before the game. Delighted with that performance. Some going from a team in a shambles last season and improving so much in such a short space of time. I wasn’t overly fussed whether it was the EL or the ECL for this season in the last few days, I just wanted to see an improvement game by game and I thought AZ were a good side and it had maybe come a bit early for us. But now I don’t see why we can’t get through next week. :50:

Wee Baldy likes this.
  7. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

What a difference in such a short space of time. Great result considering the transition period we are still in after last season's cluster *. They are a decent team and that's a really good result. Can't wait til we get these signings we're continually promised to see next level Angeball.

8. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
  9. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Absolutely buzzing about where this team can go under ange!

WE'VE GOT ABADA, HE'S ON THE WING
    WE'VE GOT KYOGO, DOING HIS THING
    ANGE IS OUR LEADER, WE'LL FOLLOW THE CELTIC ALL OVER THE WORLD
    FOLLLLOWWW ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Blasting this getting tinnied out my mind!

* love you Celtic

Slaw, Rydo1888*, Marie and 1 other person like this.
  10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Was a great game and good to get the 2-0, always feels like we usually throw one away and put extra pressure on ourselves.

In reality the game was probably like a 3-2 game, with how end to end it was and in the end they had a couple of good chances and we could have had another goal.

Kyogo and a proper keeper probably helped us, if it was Edouard up front and Barkas or Bain in we probably would have lost a game like that with the lack of effort and movement up top and extra panic in the defence and lack of saving anything.

11. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The first 10-15 minutes of that game were the worst things I’ve ever seen — and I was in ‘Nam! I was honestly fearing the worst at that point. What a result! I suppose it was an act of providence/divine intervention that they had sold all their best players before the new season began. Not sure the result would have been the same had they not. Regardless, there are, evidently, still some positive signs from us, in terms of improvement, advancement & growth. Long may it continue!

I wish Ange all the best. He’s a decent, intelligent guy — and a very good manager.

12. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Don’t want to start the we told you so scenario, however one of Anges greatest strengths/ attributes as a manager is getting players to another level. He’ll tell you that footballs not rocket science and if you just follow instructions/game plan the result will come.
    Ralston and Rogic look likely to have benefited most from buying into Anges philosophy. Very pleased for them, and all Celtic fans.

Marie likes this.
  13. saltire78

I've already copyrighted Ralstono Carlos! (Patent pending)

packybhoy likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

That was * tremendous fun this evening.

Been a while since Celtic got me tingling!

NomDePlum, Sean Daleer and Rydo1888* like this.
  15. Mr Cleansheets

Has anyone heard from Alan Brazil recently.

He bagged the crap out of Ange when he was first signed.

16. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    My Bhoy keeps calling him Ralstondinho

saltire78 likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Great game tonight.
    2 goals and a clean sheet is brilliant.

Kyogo continues his scoring sensation, Hart is building in confidence at the back and showing the difference to the other two keepers.

Starfelt looked so much better being on the right side, some scary moments, but he built in to the game a bit. Welsh was a star, covering everywhere.
    As was Ralston.

Overall a great team game.

The game management was also very good. I've been critical early on that Ange needs to game manage better. But tonight he did.
    The subs changed the game we dropped a little bit of tempo, which was probably right to do to save energy still.
    We controlled it though, we didn't stand off.

Then to go in to the last few minutes and actually actively chase a third goal was brilliant to see.

Many others would have time wasted and defended the lead and clean sheet.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If you'd have asked me 2 weeks ago if we would beat AZ 2-0 at home playing that style and be annoyed not to have 3, I wouldn't have believed you.

Can only be happy at that. I didn't expect anything from us European wise this season so if he can see us to the Europa groups for me it's a bonus.

There's a real hunger and desire about the team and its clear the players love playing for this manager and will only get better. Particularly with more reinforcements.

My proper obsession with all things celtic is firmly back. I am ashamed to say I lost it for a while last season, but good things to come I hope.

Exciting times.

MJ9, Rydo1888*, Lewis Kerr and 6 others like this.
  19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

We were outstanding tonight. Cannot speak highly enough of Ralston, he looks a brand new player. Welsh was cool as * again. Rogic was my man of the match though.. my word that man can play football.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. saltire78

Thought Eddy was unlucky with the scramble that didn't go in. Ball was about 6inches too far back/he was too far forward, or that's in at 1st attempt. Fact they managed to collectively block it 3 or 4 times shows how frantically they defended it