1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgios Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 17, 2021.

Discuss Georgios Giakoumakis in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Point 4 of your pros and point 2 of your cons completely contradict themselves.

You behind the analytics page on twitter?:giggle1:

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That third con as well :56:

Also his first con, people said that about Furuhashi and look at him. From this guy's goals, he likes to attack the ball and make late runs powering/getting on the end of it before the centre back's in some of those clips. He isn't a needs loads of space type forward from what I've seen..

76mark and Mr Shelby like this.
  3. saltire78

No, what I meant was he seemed strong enough in the Dutch league/style of play. How he'll look when he's getting launched into the air and body slammed with every challenge is what I meant in the cons

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The only issue I saw with him is, he will need wbs/wingers that can cross :fear:

5. oh bhoy

as good as his goal scoring record last season was his numbers before that are * awful.

6. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    End of the day, if he’s good enough for Ange then he’ll do us… he knows what’s needed to suit his brand of play & so far it’s paying dividends. Let’s just wait & see.

7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    This is all so Ange, Barky and Giorgie can have Greek nights over a bottle of Ouzo and MacTassos Kebabs isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Shelby likes this.
  8. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Maybe that was a Covid regulation?

9. scottbrown8

Fail to understand why anyone wouldnt want him. He was top scorer in a stronger league than we are in for the team who got relegated above a striker who plays for Ajax, psv, feyenoord but 3 mil Is too much? Imagine him in a terrible league playing in a team who creates most chances

10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Obvious concern from looking at his history is that he didn't cut it at AEK Athens, the biggest club he played for. Scored 1 goal in 30 there. But last season's 30 goal return was amazing and for £2.5 million, it's almost a no-brainer. Ange knows what he's doing.

11. saltire78

Maybe. But thinking on it, maybe if the team getting relegated despite his goals, perhaps these were in matches where the team had nothing to celebrate

12. Maestro 08

Looking at those videos. This boy will tear it up here. Don't know what some people are watching but he's mobile, strong, quick, good on both feet and not too shabby in the air. Some of those finishes were real class. Even looks to be able to come out wide and beat men and link up. Yes please.

13. SuperZidane

That's true - 26 goals in the Eredesivie is no mean feat - especially in an obviously poor team. I'm loathe to judge players on Youtube but he's obviously willing to attack crosses into the box - at the moment decent crosses from open play are pretty much a waste of time for us.

I can't argue with Ange's choices thus far and his coaching is clearly helping the players.

If Ange reckons he can improve us with this guy and we can get him for 2.5m - get it done.

14. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    I am not bothered about his previous seasons. The SPL is significantly weaker than the Dutch league and 2.5 million is a ridiculously cheap fee for a player that scored 26 league goals in 30 games in The Dutch league last season, playing in a team that got relegated. Additionally I am also not worried about him struggling physically as Giakoumakis is a bit of a unit anyway and isn't the type of individual to be pushed around. I have actually seen quite a bit of him being part Greek, and he is far more than a goalscorer or Target man. He is quite intelligent with his runs and bringing his team mates into play. I am really excited by this one.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    The striker’s fine displays and impressive stats for the Dutch club caught attention of Werder Bremen and Celtic.

Various reports from the British press on Tuesday discussed the Hoops’ interest in the 26-year-old and these claims are backed up by the Dutch media.

De Limburger reported VVV-Venlo rejected Werder’s first bid and Celtic are now involved in the battle for the attacker. The Dutch club’s director, Marco Boogers, confirms the Bhoys want to sign the Greece international.

Ange Postecoglou’s side joining Werder Bremen in the race to sign Giakoumakis has left VVV in a ‘luxury position’. That’s according to VoetbalPrimeur, who add the German club’s €2m proposal was turned down by VVV since they wanted €5m for the player.

However, VVV have ‘little chance’ of receiving a €5m fee for the player, with a contract expiring in 2022 [with an option to extend it by a year], due to their relegation from the top flight.

This may favour Celtic and their interest in Giakoumakis has been confirmed by his agent, Giannis Emmanouilidis.

“That’s right, but I can’t say more about it, we’re looking at all options,” Emmanouilidis told VoetbalPrimeur.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-and-dir ... lower-fee/

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Sounds like it's between us an Bremen...

17. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bremen playing in the German 2nd division, and struggling already after 3 games.. surely a no contest for his signature if it’s just us and them interested then surely.. Hope to * this happens

thailandceltic and Big Shoes like this.
  18. Samurai Bhoy

Would have thought that with Itakura going to Shalke too though!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

I can’t bear Ajeti! This guy no matter what he’s like has got to be better

20. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Ffs he’ll have to practice his landing technique………and the orange boots will need to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.