1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Cool.

Judging by their twitter comments, they don't rate themselves either so should be a really competitively poor match. Perfect.

Wee Baldy and Liam Scales like this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    The Dutch will not be able to deal with the passion of Celtic Park. It will overwhelm them and they will make mistakes. Celtic 4-1.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Heading back over for this. Heeeere we go again :ynwacelti:ange:

Might actually hang around for Saturday I’m not back in work til Sunday :giggle1:

4. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic

They look as much of a joke as us at the back. Could be 20 goals scored over 2 legs.

I know its only highlights but this team that beat team legit look worse than Jabonlec

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That's really quite unlikely. They are professional footballers used to playing away games in front of massive crowds, similar is size to what we will be allowed currently, at the likes of Ajax and Feyenoord. Not that I'd be complaining if they did, but it isn't likely to happen, it's more that our players get a boost from the crowd than the opposition get spooked by it.

Marie likes this.
  6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I hope for AZ’s sake it was a hot day there in those highlights because the pace of the play was so slow. I’m glad I’ve seen that, I respect them but I don’t fear them after seeing that. If we turn up like we have over the last 4 games, they won’t be able to live with us.

DdoubleD likes this.
  7. Powerman

Cant see anything bar a Celtic win here, go for 2-0.

Az team has been decimated since last season, highly-rated attacking duo Myron Boadu and Calvin Stengs have since left for monaco and nice. There other attacker Jesper Karlsson is suspended. They have also just been beaten 1-0 by Waalwijk.

On a another plus note Celtic are playing great quick football, plus they have added extra of the 12th man, the support generating fantastic loud atmosphere.

If the defence cut out the mistakes as in unforced errors, we will destroy az with no goals conceded.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Rossmc

Any idea when tickets go on general sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Diamond D

1230 according to club website

Rossmc likes this.
  10. Heb Celt

Confident about this game.We’re firing on all cylinders barring the odd defensive mistake.They’re struggling to get going after losing key players.Would be great to start both Calmac and McCarthy to nullify any of their attacks but probably too soon for McCarthy.

11. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    There are no entry restrictions though it is advised to take a home test before travelling, not to enter if you have any symptoms and to wear a face mask. Though from past few games doesn't appear as if many bother with any of that.

12. stew37

I think we're playing pretty well, but defensively still a lot of work to do, so for this reason, I think this could possibly be a step too far at the moment. I hope I'm wrong but think a few of the frailties might be exposed. If we can outscore them, great, but will be a tough ask.

13. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Nup no wucking furries 3-0

14. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Expect the online site to be very very busy and don't be surprised if it crashes as it has done last few games. Remember once you are in with option to buy you only have a set time something like 10 minutes to complete your purchase.

It's also £2.30 booking fee per transaction.

15. AussieGreek

Comfortable 4-1 victory.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

I know it doesn't help for tomorrow, but the 2nd leg is at least on the telly.

Wee Baldy and Marie like this.
  17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Was nervous about this but the closer I'm getting the more I think we are gonna completely blitz them, with ange's relentless style, the teams movement, their player loses and poor start to season and a hopping parkhead.. 4-1/5-1..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

18. Celticbhoy97

Reality will be anything less than a 2 goal lead to take over there and we’re staring down the barrel 3-1 to the hoops for me

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Seems to be where we were around the time of the midtylland game. A team in disarray. The team that started at the weekend for them had 7 players 24 or under. the goalkeeper may likely be binned for the new keeper (vindal Jensen) they signed yesterday, whos 23 and never played in Europe. left back Wijndal is injured. Their best player koopmeiners most likely will play tomoro but didn't start at the weekend and is seriously pushing for a move. Stengs and boadu also a big loss for them.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Wee Baldy likes this.
  20. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Got on after waiting 6mins in a Q , it got me on bang on half past , seats everywhere, just about every section is Blue , looks far away from a full house :97: