1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Would appreciate it if you would stop it. Comes across badly, at best it is pretentious/condescending/sucky, at worst slightly racist.

2. Damnati

:56: all a bit sensitive in here.

Big test tomorrow. Hope Ange sends them out for revenge. I think we've come a long way since the last match.

Noskeil likes this.
  3. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    FFS. The warning was given and clearly ignored so staff will review the past few posts and some will be having a short holiday. Coming out with I didn't see the warning or trying to get last word in cuts no * ice.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wondering what Ange will do for cup games? Will he treat them any differently?

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doubtful, unless we draw some lower league opposition where he might make some changes.

NomDePlum likes this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Given our RB situation wouldn't be adverse to getting O'Connor some game time.

7. Samurai Bhoy

I reckon he’ll take the cup games very seriously, says he wants to be competitive in all competitions.

He knows how important winning trophies is at Celtic, so he’ll be eager to get off the a good start and win the league cup to get things rolling… on his way to the quadruple this season! :ange2:

8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I am torn on this we won trebles under Rodgers as he always fielded his strongest players every game if available, but he ran them into the ground, I wouldn’t be against rotation if playing lower league teams in early rounds tbh.

9. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He came from the land down under
    ......Should be the start of any song

10. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You could see how Ange and the team loved having the crowd return to Celtic Park. It's a massive part of who we are, and Ange will use this energy to galvanise the team. No one in Scotland will benefit more than us from having full crowds return to Celtic Park. This includes the Rangers, where the presence of their baying mutant mob seems to have the opposite effect on their players, and no wonder. This has the makings of a really exciting season under Ange.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well the game against Jablonec suggests he's more than happy to utilise subs which will help keep the squad fresh. Though we definitely need more depth in the squad.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    However on reflection Maclaren would be a good addition to the squad at Celtic both for him and the club.

He is a forward and I have not seen him play in any other position. He will not cost the earth to acquire from his present club even though he has signed a 3 yr contract. Kisnorbo, his present coach/manager has utilised his skills at Melbourne City to receive the ball from both wings and midfield. Kisnorbo also played for Hearts and in England and previous to this at Sth Melbourne as a young man, as a composed holding and passing midfielder with fantastic first time passing skills.

If I had a choice between Eddy being at Celtic or Maclaren being there for the right price, I would choose Maclaren.
    Granted, my choice may be hasty because I have not seen Eddy play on his good days in other years but he is not mentally with the club at present. There may be many reasons for that so I will keep an open mind.
    Maclaran has at minimum at least 15 goals in him per season with the right players around him to give him the ball within the 18 yard box to both head and feet. Within a rotating squad he would get game time during the SPL season.

However Ange does not show a preference for Oz players since he left to go to Japan. I am sure he is aware of players who may fit his game but they may not be in his plans at present.

13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We have some gems at home. Am continually impressed with young Moffat - I see him making an impression within the next 18 months.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  14. Bampton

Keen to hear from the Scots, what’s the feeling about Ange from the general Scottish football public, media etc outside of this forum after the last few results? How do non-Celtic people view our chances in the league this year? Any differently to how things looked a month ago? In Aus we don’t see a lot of your media and I haven’t had time to go looking for it in the last couple of weeks

15. Draupnir

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do we really need this Hunesque patter around these parts?

Anyway, on actual topic.

The stauner I have is incredible. I didn't think man-love could feel this way.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

The media in Scotland is most extremely biased toward Rangers, sometimes very much in your face, sometimes extremely clandestine.

Ange isn’t getting too much flak just now because we are performing but the sharks are waiting to pounce, believe you me!

17. joemc

I f#cking detest them and quite clearly they have/ had them in pocket , however they may have shot themselves in the foot with thier charges for media interviews and that may bring equality back as I would not expect preferential treatment from these utter c#nts .

18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Already posted in the Joe Hart thread, but thought I'd share here his thoughts on how the team is being asked to play under Postecoglou:

That Jablonek created chances to score indicated the new-look Celtic defence is far from the finished article and Hart conceded there is ample room for improvement. However, he stressed the attacking football that Postecoglou wants his team to play will leave them open at the back at times. He is quite comfortable with that.

“It was good on Thursday,” he said. “We performed in parts of the game and entertained, but there is loads that we can work on.

Like I say, we are trying to start something here. We are going to try and play some expansive football and that is going to require me to make the odd save. We are going to have to bail each other out of a few situations.

“But I think the overall thing that was great to see was the pressure that we applied and the application. We played some really good football throughout the game, created some really good chances and I did my job which is to keep the ball out of the net as best I can.”

Hart added: “It’s an ask that we all have to buy into, the whole entire squad needs to be on board. The manager wants us to play with no fear, he backs us. He puts that responsibility on himself to make us feel like we can play. It is something that we are trying our best to do.

“We are going to grow as a team. He came in quite late as I understand so it is going to take time. But the baseline is hard work and dedication and understanding and all being on the same side.”

Postecoglou has urged his full-backs to push forward into the centre of midfield to receive the ball when Celtic are going forward in recent weeks – a tactic which has worked wonders for Pep Guardiola at Manchester City in recent seasons.

Hart, who is set to feature in the Premier Sports Cup second round match against Hearts at Parkhead this afternoon, feels the change will take practice to perfect.

“We have seen it, we know which team likes to do that,” he said. “It is a very simple thing to talk about doing, but it requires team work, it requires understanding. You need to know when is the right moment to do it is and when it is not the right moment to do it.

OziBeerMan and The big Viduka like this.
  19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think he will go out to prove a point. Getting beat by them on the opener with a few good results in between, it’ll either show we’ve progressed or just been against duds. I’ll go for the progressed, as the lads are buying into what he’s trying to coach. Mon big * Ange * rip into these diet *!

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think we're going to beat them so badly they'll be greeting to go back to the championship