1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristijan Lovric

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by G_portillo, Jul 26, 2021.

Discuss Kristijan Lovric in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    slažem se

76mark likes this.
  2. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Played for Gorica tonight, nae idea how well he played but lost 1 nil to zagreb.

76mark likes this.
  3. wulliebad

So expect something but we are also saying nothing might happen.:56:

4. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I wish they would hurry up and get this guy in we can't afford not to have strength in depth in the wide positions. Our wingers always get injured so we need a few that can play on the left and right. This guy has a decent record for getting goals too.

martin_d likes this.
  5. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

What’s the latest on this one does anyone know?

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I reckon we enquired early in the window and thats as far as it went

7. GavCFC1

8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think Lovric will be the one we'll bring in if Edouard goes, alongside the greek striker.

Would mean a front 3 of Lovric - Kyogo - Abada/Forrest, with Giannis as backup.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Paradise88

This is a strange one, we haven't been linked with any other left wingers, and we have been playing Forrest in the left for a few weeks now. He doesn't look like he will break the bank.

With tough fixtures coming up against the return leg of Alkmaar and the Huns I honestly don't see why we are * about here.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    £4-5m for him apparently. So a substantial fee for us tbh

But I agree we need a LW and he looks the business.

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, its a position we badly need to sort, all we are doing right now is shoehorning players for the LW slot-Forrest, Gogo, Christie, Monty, Dada. Need a Sinclair type player. This dude sounds the business, hope we get it over the line, regardless of other ins and outs.

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Last night shows how desperately we need to get a natural LW player. Forrest just isn’t as effective over there and we are playing players out of position. Christie has been fantastic there but as has been shown we need another.

I’d rather a LW than a striker, especially if Eddy doesn’t leave.

Rydo1888*, Dan Breen, JML67 and 4 others like this.
  13. Foley1888

Couldn’t agree more with this our left side was a massive weak point last night, I didn’t feel Forrest got much service last night as Taylor’s balls up the line to him were atrocious but he is definitely more effective on the right.

Also if you start Forrest or Abada you want to have the depth there when one of them has emptied the tank the other can come on and take over without the performance level dipping. You can see what Ange is talking about at the moment, when it comes to subs when Rogic and/ or Turnbull start to tire in CM the level of the team drops. It was evident last night how much that happened in the second half at times up against a good midfield. This is where Christie staying could be invaluable as he has a good engine so if he starts on the left or even on the bench in games he would come into the midfield full of energy for the last half hour for Rogic.

Anyway having Lovric or similar I think would really up the ante again for this team, a real goal threat off the left both in terms of attacking the box and getting in at the back post for balls coming in given he is 6ft+, not to mention the odd freekick or strike outside the box.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  14. Heb Celt

How bad is Mikey Johnstone’s injury.Reckon fully fit he’d do a job but never seems to get a run of games without picking up a niggle or 2.

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Samurai Bhoy

I’d like to see what Ange can do with MJ, and even wee Dembele on the right.
    If he can turn Welsh and Ralston into solid players, it would be interesting to see what he can do with these lads, considering Ange is more known for developing attacking players.

Both have bags of potential as it is, if they can just avoid the treatment table.

If he could get the best out of them we’d have serious depth at RW and well covered at LW.

Saying that, I’d still love to get this Lovric lad in, looks quality!

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. garybhoy87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    No idea about his injury but honestly I don't want to imagine us relying on him as a back up for another season, he's not good enough. End product is very poor and too greedy. We need better.

neilly1987 and Dan Breen like this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think Ange see’s it as Forrest and Christie first choice LW’s, with Kyogo being able to play in there and Mikey Johnstone still to come back.

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    They are pretty much my thoughts. A LW gives so much more flexibility by allowing Christie to move into midfield or even from midfield to the LW.

We don’t really need any more strike power up front, Eddy and Kyogo provide adequate and very different options. Backed up by either Ajeti or Griff or even Lovric if need be.

19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think it is really important that we get in a LW before window closes. That will allow Christie back into the midfield and something like any 3 from CMcG, Christie Turnbull and Tam. That should give adequate rest time, as we know both DT and Tam are not 90min men, especially with 2 games a week.
    Mickey J just seems way too brittle, may do as a back up for our new LW.

20. Big C

I think we have to assume until told otherwise Christie is off and therefore we need another body.

Dan Breen likes this.