1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yan Couto

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jul 23, 2021.

Discuss Yan Couto in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    This is a goer to get him in squad quick time to play alkmaar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Foley1888

The hit rate for full backs on that list is frighteningly poor!

Couto looks a talented player, the fact he can play either side is encouraging too.

My big issue with loans is for as long as I can remember we are run where our transfer sales fund our incoming. So loans like this, where there is no chance of purchasing the player, means we lose a player that needs replaced, we don’t get a fee and therefore end up selling someone else whose fee needs to cover multiple positions if we want to strengthen on where we are.

Given this is a transitional season I would hope we won’t be looking to sell a key player at the end of this season but will likely want to add to the current squad. This years a bit different as if we win the league we will get CL money so will have an extra £20-25m of revenue (the model we should have worked too all along supplemented by transfer profit and reinvestment).

If as others say it looks like say we sign Juranovic, Scales and then Couto as an attacking opinion covering either side and potentially even able to play further forward I would be fine with that. If it’s Couto instead of Juranovic I wouldn’t be as keen.

Likewise if we actually sign Itakura rather than loan, loaning Couto wouldn’t be as bad but loaning the two means before we even get started next year we need to sign a CB and RB just to be at the same level as a squad.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If he has played LB, then that makes the situation a wee bit better. But still- I hate that the current board turned us into a feeder club. We should demand an option to buy, if we loan Couto. Throughout the years, there has been no consistency in the roster, because of so many loans.

4. Heb Celt

Got a feeling this will be our RB option as he was in the stands last night.Glad Ange hasn’t favoured loans so far but one won’t do any harm.

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    In fairness he looks decent. But what are the odds in keeping him? We are just kicking the RB problem down the road for another year.

Wares Marty likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Odds are pretty low, I'd say.

I'm still not 100% sure this is the only one we are looking to bring in. As I mentioned, the 'inverted' role should make the fact hes normally a right back irrelevant, as long as he is flexible. Genuinely no reason why he couldnt play left side. Clearly he already has.

Hoping thats our thinking.

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact he can play to a high standard on both sides makes this appealing for me. Obviously we want permanent signings at some stage which I think will happen, but if Ange wants this boy and the financial terms are favourable for us, am happy to bring him in.

8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    And see in fairness hasn't Ange mentioned that he wants multiple options in positions. Think he's a man for rotation etc as long as we get Juaranovic I'd be delighted.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’ve been over relied upon recently and people are scared we’d go down that route.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Papers saying he was a guest at the game last night (May have already been posted in here).

Suggests a deal is pretty much there. Shame as I cannot see the board forking out for two right backs, even if one is on loan, in this window.

11. jambo_cfc

Think this boy might come in as our lb option that can cover rb if need be, with ange wanting our fullbacks to come inside effectively there is not a great need for our lb to be left footed

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. saltire78

If he's an option to buy, or a 2yr loan, I'm ok with this, but if not it's not a great move for us. Keeps our own youths from developing and makes a permanent matured signing unlikely

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. Mike B MikeyBhoyy

Absolutely no problems with a few loans coming in *providing* they are not starters. It is a massive rebuild and cant expect to buy absolutely everyone outright first window, few loans to bolster the team is fine by me. We do play a helluva lot of games in a season.

I get the fear is that he is the only right back brought in and aye thats a shambles. Is he in England currently? So he would be available to play against AZ as wouldnt have to isolate and hasnt played in the competition?

thailandceltic likes this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    How many right back loans are we gonna * wages away on before we just bite the bullet, identify and pay the going rate for a quality player?

Na, we'd rather get loans to see if their good enough, and on the low end of the scale, when they are good enough, we don't sign them.

* sick of this loan *.

Loans should be brought in for COVER or to facilitate a bit of rotation if the position is short on personell.
    Not to * REPLACE a a full time position, kicking the can down the * street, just to avoid spending that extra million or two to ensure quality. Death by a thousand cuts, so in the short term the balance sheet doesn't take a hit.

* JOKE.

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    my feeling on it too, loans should be to cover injuries, No just to fill a position, then rinse and repeat every year after. Just * poor.

16. Wares Marty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Not a hope City will agree to sell him at the end of a loan deal

17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Nah because this is how they get around FFP rules.

18. Wares Marty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think they bought him as a investment so will probably loan for 4-5 seasons then sell at a profit

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Apparently loan terms agreed, up to the player now..

20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Must be interested if he was willing to attend last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.