1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic (3) v Jablonec (0)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McGrory1888, Aug 8, 2021.

Discuss Celtic (3) v Jablonec (0) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

We just have to manage the game better this early into the season

Going full throttle for entire first half is going drain any team who play like that, more so if it that pay off and there is no goals to show for the effort.

I don't imagine we will do the same against AZ, if imagine we'd slow it down a bit, control possession bit better and work chances in our time, rather than just attacking full tilt every time we have the ball.

If we somehow get a 2 goal cushion for the second leg though, I can see ange getting the team to try and kill it by half time like he did last night

2. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I was in 409, i think there were quite a lot of wee yins witnessing their first game as there was a few round us aswell haha.

Picked a good night for it!

3. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    I lost mine a couple of seasons back at a game and went to report it a few days later. They replaced free of charge but said it was a one off as I hadn't lost it before. So hopefully they'll do the same for you mate. Don't tell them you have it to someone else though.

Easter Rd Davie, Marie and Paradise88 like this.
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That boy on the commentary last night was insisting that the next round game was on Wednesday night, just noticed its on Thursday, that * on the glue or what?

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Heb Celt

It is on the Wednesday as the Huns are playing on the Thursday.

6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Same guy that stated that it was Saturday against Dundee. Think the evostik is getting well and truly waxed lol

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Still showing the Thursday online ??

8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Apologies checked on our site , showing as the Wednesday, hopefully we get more seats opened like the Huns had the other night?

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Dip 'n' Swerve

best football we are playing since Rodger's second season in charge.
    few points I picked up on...

- starfelt - likes to go to ground needs to learn to be patient esp when playing against the likes of kent/hagi / morelos etc who will always be looking to dive for a pen con the ref... he seems to like to unattractive side of the game which we need - gets his foot in, head in etc I think over time if he keeps it simple and we get another experienced player in alongside him will be great. Great for welsh to be well involved I think he will be a slow burner and in a few seasons he will be vital to the team and with jullien coming back in a month or two he will add extra bodies in the autumn /winter busy schedule.

- Right side - yesterday was one of the first times we offered very little down the lright, considering how well the team done forrest had a quiet game, saying that he put through a great pass for kyogo (he looked onside) and he followed up eddie with a good goal. Him and Abada competing is healthy.

- It is amazing what happens with new players with good attitude and work ethic, it promotes and radiates around the training club - player want to be fit and involved, get into training early, stay behind work on set pieces etc.. ntcham, griffs etc prob promote bad energy. Who knows what the atmosphere was like with lennon in charge and some of those press conferences this time last season.

- Hart - a player touted last season, pity we never had him last season - it only took 2/3 players to change the dynamic of the team. He is in now, seems composed and made 2 x great saves which will do the himself and the team a world of good.

- We are now scoring goals, still slightly sloppy in front of goal but next week we will need to put Alkmaar to the sword and hope for a 2-0/3-1 scoreline to head to the return leg. I don't know much about them tbh, I think they sold some of their better players, nonetheless, they seem experienced and we will need to concentrate massively with no silly mistakes at the back line or in midfield …. note: mc gregor's sloppy pass back yesterday.

- We have only played 2/3 games with this new way, lets not get too cocky - we defend from the attack which kyogo does well as opposed to eddie, don't make rash tackles in and around the 18 yard box, take our chances and try to head out next week with a lead of 1 or 2 goals. Get into Europa group stage is a good platform to be at...

- New right back, left back - both came compete for players but taylor and Ralston atm seem back up players...

- roll on mc carthy coming into the team - who will he replace which is great players fighting for the first 11.

- Sort out eddie - he going or staying needs sorted asap

- Christie - id be happy to offer him another 12 month improved contract atm, he seems a new player.

Players playing with a smile and busting their good - in ange we have faith and wee dembele to come into the frame - green shoots emerging

Hail Hail

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  11. Dip 'n' Swerve

know much about the team, I think they have flipped a few players on , best player to Monaco etc.
    they play this weekend on 14th away to waalwijk - might try and watch the game see what they are like.

12. Dip 'n' Swerve

I think at this stage the likes of mc carthy & Soro (if fit) could come on in games we are winning and tighten / compact the game - sit in front of the back 4 next week we need to be on the ball, come out of the blocks and take our chances if we go 2-0 they could be shocked.

They aren't Ajax or PSV nothing to fear esp. with the place rocking.

Wee Baldy, The Don and Noskeil like this.
  13. Dip 'n' Swerve

I love mc gregor but when I see him defend and screen outside the edge of our box, I am always a bit nervous, he is great taking it from the keeper and starting play etc transition play. we just need to try and be street smart next week, keep them contained no silly goals of our own making and go for a 2-0 win to take into the next leg - a 1-1 or 2-1 to us still leaves it quite cagey. Let us get through hearts first no doubt they will aim to hurt players the same way Kyogo was pinpointed last night.

14. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, I think there was, there was 3 wee Bhoys near my seat that were at their first game, totally excited so they were.

A new generation of Celtic fans

15. Multatuli

Fav Celtic Player:
    Karamoko Dembele
    Why do you think the best player went to Monaco? Boadu was rubbish 9 out of 10 games. So was Stengs who also left.

16. AmyLou90

Everyone participating in the huddle was something special :57:

Wee Baldy and Phoenix Rise like this.
  17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watching the full game back on youtube now. Some lad has uploaded in HD

18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
  19. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It has been changed to Wednesday.

20. Dip 'n' Swerve

i would suggest 1 goal every 2 games and 14 in 24 the season before merited a 17 million euro move … prob the same way eddie is looking a move away from us (and he was also keek in 9/10 games last season)