1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Today would be a great time to announce a signing, a strong first team starter. These * are reeling. Let's show them we're up for the scrap. Back the Ange!!!!!

2. Mr Cleansheets

I'd settle for announcing a new contract for Christie.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  3. Najjaci

Here goes - first post on the Celtic forum from an unbiased Aussie.

Having watched and read commentary from Celtic supporters, I would definitely agree with most that exciting times are definitely ahead for Celtic supporters. Within the first few games, it is obvious that Ange has already had a massive influence on the squad. I personally believe that the game on the weekend is only the start of things to come. Immediately evident is the impact that Ange's 'overload system' will have on inferior opposition throughout the season. I also believe it will be highly effective against better opposition and clubs like Rangers once the remaining pieces are put together. I would tend to agree that there is at least 3-4 in-coming players that Ange will be eyeing to bring in before the close of this transfer window to fill the last remaining gaps.

Without sounding disrespectful to any Celtic supporters, I would say that Ange will be able to implement his system in full effect in both a quicker and more efficient manner than what he was capable of doing in both Australia and Japan for the following two key reasons:
    1) What many are not considering is that he has finally been provided an club opportunity where he has favorable spending capabilities. In both Australia and Japan, Ange was able to assemble and implement his way of playing with significant spending constraints, whilst also leading both Brisbane and Yokohama to trophies. In the A-League, Ange was able to assemble a squad within a salary confined league that had a total annual wage bill of circa $3.5m AUD which dominated the league and went on an unbeaten streak of 36 games. This is an incredibly hard feat to achieve in a salary capped competition.
    2)At Celtic, Ange is also dealing with higher/better skilled players and I believe his system is more favorable and better suited at club like Celtic than it was previously in either Brisbane or Japan.

Once the transfer window closes, I would not be surprised to see Ange recruiting a high performance coach from Australia. Both Anthony Crea and Darren Burgess spring to mind as capable candidates that Ange would know a lot about.

Very exciting times ahead.

4. Sgt Neppers*

Would need to see it consistently over another 4/5 games including the hun game. Haven't forgetten his performances from last season. That said, he's off to a flyer under Ange. If he wants to stay and plays like us currently then I have no issues.

thailandceltic and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Ozzie Hoop

Celtic TV Chromecasted to my main TV mate. Kayo only shows the select games from what I've seen so I just coughed up the cash to make sure I could watch them all.

aaannndddddd now I'm re-evaluating.... :rofl:

6. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Apparently they don’t work in Australia, the minimal research I’ve done indicates

Noskeil likes this.
  7. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I am not Aussie but live this side of the world, I use IPTV for other *, but use a private site that's 20quid a year for all my Celtic needs, for 20quid shows every game, and no hassle of * mad ads and stream hunting.

Noskeil and Crilly like this.
  8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    There is always a way around censorship :)

9. celtic warrior

Give him the backing to get in some fullbacks.

Then maybe an extra cb and lw and he could take this squad to Rodgers-esq levels of domestic dominance.

Obviously there won't be an invincible season but he could see us through to breaking goal scoring records in a season

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

What site is this and which way does it work?

11. Rogicisgod

Hey mate the game thread usually link free streams. They have worked for me every game this season. Make sure you use an adblocker or some * like that otherwise you are gonna end up seeing aiot of ads for gay *!!!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

OziBeerMan likes this.
  12. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Craig mclachlan * me. He hs just been all through this court * for touching up the sheilas in Rocky horror show where he was not only playing the part of frank n furter but he was also allegedly trying to give em a taste of his frank n furter .
    All charges dismissed civil charges pending. Acting career finito

13. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I did not see anyone who said it was a step down was it ozzie players? Japan currently FIFA ranked 28 in the world I would use that as rough indicator to the standards of each domestic league myself even though foreigners playing in each domestic league improve the standard.

14. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Drop me a PM.

Crilly likes this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He was an actor?

16. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Hmmm, gay * you say?

*deletes all ad blockers*

Rogicisgod likes this.
  17. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Australia are 7th in the world for actors our actors going to Europe is a step down:60:

NomDePlum and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  18. Paul McAuley

I'm Hard!!!!

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Quality Post.

Very encouraging and thanks for the insight. Most of us were either surprised or underwhelmed when Ange was announced.. put that down to most of us not knowing too much about him.

We aren't slow to back him and he will be given leeway and time as we all understand he can't fix it without getting time and players in.

One thing I really do like is the way he handles the media. Will be excited to see who he adds to his backroom staff.

Great first post.

JamesM09 likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Buy the man some fullbacks.

The big Viduka, eire4 and Wee Baldy like this.