1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    If we sell him for £20m, we get £15.5m to play with? So, £4m on Lovric, £3m on Buta. Leaves £8.5m to play with for another right back, another centre back, a left back and another striker.

2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, I’m sure that’s how our board see it aswell.

bhoy81, The_Bhoy, Dublin Celt and 4 others like this.
  3. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jamie McLaren would probably suit us. As you say he is quick and reasonably clinical. I thought I read somewhere he and his family support Rangers, but I'm probably wrong in this.

I hope we don't try to sign Tomi Juric. He'd be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen. He looks like a striker, he certainly has the ego of a striker. But he isn't a striker. The stats would probably prove my opinion wrong, but I don't think he'd be anywhere near good enough for us.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  4. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd forgotten about that. He definitely didn't set the world on fire when he was with Hibs. HH

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He has a decent scoring record but aye not an Eddy replacement unless Kyogo is going to be the main man.

Exactly what we need for more experience and rapid as well.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I hope we aren't signing anyone from the A-league to replace Edouard tbh.

I await incoming abuse but I'd be * annoyed. I doubt we will.

So many other options closer to home with better experience in...here it comes...better leagues.

Mcclaren would be back up.

bhoy81, Seán Mac D, Pablo87 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ozzie Hoop

haha I actually completely agree! Was only suggesting McLaren was the pick of A League options and while I think he could make it in the league I’d still MUCH rather the bar is set a lot for higher for incomings!

8. Ozzie Hoop

All he’s saying is he doesn’t hold it against them if they’re thinking about leaving as long as they turn up and train and play and give their all for the side while they’re here…..which has been questionable in Eddie’s case!

aliceinsound likes this.
  9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All I ask for is that any incoming striker is properly scouted by people who know a player when they see one. Ange needs to thoroughly investigate any striker recommended to him by the scouting team before committing to buying them because their track record of identifying quality strikers is horrendous. Just take a look at the long list of truly awful strikers that have been brought to the club over the last 15 years or so. Most fell between the £1 to £3 million mark. The board and scouting staff should hang their heads in shame over the amount of money that has been thrown down the drain through buying strikers that someone with only a passing interest in football could see would never be good enough to make it at Celtic.

Leone Naka Fan and kramer1 like this.
  10. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We need a strong hold up striker, one who can link the play, cause problem at set pieces etc, like Dembele.

trackebhoy and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  11. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Same here. I don't think anyone in the A League would be good enough for us (would like to see Aaron Moyes here, though, as he's a very good midfielder with strong experience at Brighton and other clubs, including St Mirren), but McLaren would be the best of them potentially as a back up. We really need someone who'll put the fear into them, and more importantly, who will score goals on a consistent basis.

Mr Shelby and Ozzie Hoop like this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If we are to sign MacLaren, I'd hope we sign Nisbet and another striker.

We'd also have to punt Edouard, Griffiths and Ajeti to do that, but I'm not against it.

If he is Edouard's replacement, it'd be a slap in that face, but we're getting used to those.

13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes if J Mac is coming here I only hope it’s to replace one of Ajeti or Griffiths. Cheap backup that has scored a hat trick against the Huns.

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly...Eddie has been shockingly poor yet still played, so he's contradicted himself big time.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  15. Mr Cleansheets

"Celtic are ready to sell and the £20 Million asking price doesn’t appear to be an issue, the club want Edouard sold as quickly as possible and are looking at replacements for Edouard already with Postecoglou keen to bring in a striker he is familiar with from Australia."

For *'s sake, please don't be Juric! Ange used to pick him a fair bit for the NT and he was * *. Slow, touch of a trampoline...absolute waste of space.

I'd be surprised if he's after an Australian striker - we just don't make good strikers in Australia as a rule - but that said, Jamie MacLaren has gone to a new level in the last two years. 27 goals in 24 matches speaks for itself. He's become absolutely lethal - great finisher - always in the right place at the right time - knows where his team mates are and gets plenty of assists. If I had to nominate one Australian striker ready to do well in Europe it would be him.

His Melbourne City team mate, Andrew Nabbout, is also a devastating player on his day but very injury prone.

The other interesting possibility is Marco Tilio (also from City). Just played at the Olympics - very young - looks like a younger version of JMac but probably going to be a better player.

Given the number of chances we're likely to create with our wide players. JMac would be a good option - doesn't need many chances to score.

Any of these listed players (except Juric) would be far better than Ajeti and also better than a disinterested Eddy.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  16. Mr Cleansheets

On reflection, I wonder whether Ange might be looking at Deni Juric - Tomi's younger brother.

Australian but currently playing in Croatia and doing pretty well by all accounts. I know he's rated very highly by Aussies keeping an eye on the Croatian league. Would be much easier to bring in quarantine wise than anyone actually in Oz right now.

Deni Jurić - Wikipedia

17. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Better strikers than Scotland mate. Our national team would definetly of took the likes of Scott Mcdonald, Mark viduka, kewell and cahill. Instead we got dykes :99:

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I really thought Ange would have went after his no1 striker from Yokohama who just signed for Toulouse

19. jj81

Four x eh ?

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Now Ange has seen how our board operates I'm sure he's not that shocked Toulouse out on him.