1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's a good *. Whether he is as successful as the Aussie's think he will be, or us lot hope he will be - the guy clearly loves his job and says it how it is.

Our standards/expectations have been significantly lowered (mine have anyway) due to the shitshow of last season but I still think the difference in character of Ange and Lennon is vast.

He has my full support, Mon big Angelos!
    :ange:

2. SuperZidane

I despise our board but I won't blame them for everything. I'm certain that Ryan would have been Ange's first choice but he was offered a deal by the team that came 5th in La Liga. I'm sure they pay more than Celtic but, apart from that, the chance to play Real Madrid at the Bernabéu and Barcelona at the Nou Camp as opposed to a freezing winter midweek night at the Tony Macaroni.

I don't blame Ryan for going to Sociedad and I doubt Ange does either - and this one isn't down to the board.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He actually speaks like a fan. It's the first time supporting celtic that I've heard the manager say multiple.things which we are all thinking and giving straight answers.

If he can start getting results on the park he will be a hero here.

Again, I'm right behind him.

4. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Better re-read my posts.

The big Viduka and Sydneysider like this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some people lost their * and became hysterical after Celtic announced Postecoglou after the Howe deal fell though, however as a character he is definitely winning over the fans and no doubt the players too. Although no matter how well he is liked he will ultimately live or die by results. Ange said he came into the job 'with his eyes wide open' he will know that better than anyone. If you want to be Celtic manager, just make sure you win, simple as that.

The big Viduka likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Take him over to the firepit and tell him then mate, what have you got to lose?

7. Ozzie Hoop

Good presser and I think answered a lot of what people were querying in that staff additions are still very much on the agenda but not the priority until the window closes which makes perfect sense. DofF and his own backstaff will be added in good time as they undertake a restructure but for now getting the team winning is sole focus.

Interested that he highlighted a couple of times about how the playing group was feeling from last year suggesting the dressing room vibe and culture wasn't great at all and something needed addressing (hardly surprising) and that additions are also needed to freshen and improve that as well as the quality of the squad (again, hardly surprising).

Think he's clarified that he's doing a fair bit of the player search himself as well as having the right input into players presented by the scouting network to make sure they fit what he wants both from a playing style and personality perspective which can only be a very positive thing.

I'd say he'll still definitely be looking for RB and LB, at least another wide man and definitely a striker that provides far more workrate than his current options to start to instill a pressing style that starts at the top.

cat123 likes this.
  8. G40B

There is no reason why non-playing staff cannot be recruited just now.

Why wait?

The big Viduka likes this.
  9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Priority is players and results for now, we are up against a transfer deadline for players.

Ozzie Hoop and Taz like this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Indeed. At least a fitness coach or a sports scientist would have been nice.

G40B likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd rather go through the due diligence and get the correct men in, afterall we don't have a short window to sort that. Players are priority right now.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  12. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Yes there is, in business it is called an opportunity cost. Which is basically talking about the impact of a business decision and the resources used to implement it. What is the opportunity cost of hiring staff. The time it would take to seek, negotiate and hire these staff would take people away from the most important job. Hiring the team.

As seen on the various training videos. Our coaching staff consists of more than Kennedy and Strachan. There's a fair number of coaches. Priorities Bhoy!

13. Mr Cleansheets

Loved his last presser. It's clear the locals are starting to see why we Aussies love him so much.

Now he just needs the results (that he usually gets) also.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  14. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    sky are a bunch of * flogs

15. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    David boon 52 cans from oz to UK. could not train the next day and made a hundred the following day on the first day of the test. (disclaimer he is from tasmania though)

Wee Baldy and Ozzie Hoop like this.
  16. Mr Cleansheets

Tragic that the authorities have put the kybosh on these traditional rites of passage.

Boon was the last of a proud tradition. The likes of Marsh and Walters would shake their heads in disgust.

My first flight to London I drank like a Conference level Australian but still incurred the wrath of a Yorkshire couple when I constantly had to get up from my window seat after Singapore to have a * every hour.

* em.

17. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Hes the man! Board please back him though...

Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    All well and good but he have any room left for a shrimp from the barbie?

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Right get to * with the cricket talk

20. seanm

Not a chance they will.once the board protests come they will use ange as a scapegoat.trouble is this guy wont stand for it like deila lennon etc.he is a good coach.HH

Moore likes this.