1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Love the fact he's sitting in that interview with a £100k watch on his hand.

£15k a week, sure he's sorted:giggle1:

2. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Honestly he didn’t seem that buzzing to be here in that interview, obviously I want him to prove me wrong though. Welcome anyway, please just actually save the shots coming at you and you’ll be an upgrade

3. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Interesting signing. I like it — sort of box office. Hopefully we can bring out the best in him and see him return to his old self. I thought Barkas would’ve come good (thought he had great potential), but it looks like he’s had it and will be punted at the first opportunity.

seanm likes this.
  4. Draupnir

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Both of these fellas are great signings. Good work all.

seanm likes this.
  5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What dya want the fella to do....* handstands !

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's definitely [​IMG] above what we have atm.... :83:

Rydo1888*, jimbobers, Pablo87 and 6 others like this.
  7. celtic warrior

Hope he does well.... With the defence hardly sorted out though, I feel like we could have peak Buffon there and still struggle not to concede at similar rate to what we are doing now.

He will need a settled defence with actual quality in it to assist with his return to form

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

With a guy this experienced you've got to hope he does all the basics right and can organise a defence.
    Welcome Joe

9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    * * :56::56:

10. Celticbhoy97

Maybe looking into it too much but he sounded like someone who’s self confidence is at rock bottom, fairly stuttered his way through that interview lol

11. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:Aye, there’s no maybe about it, you are looking way too much into it!

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

At long last, football seems to be heading back to some sort of normality and the news that crowds are increasingly being allowed to return to stadia couldn’t have come at a better time for new Bhoy, Joe Hart.

He is relishing the prospect of playing at a packed Celtic Park, a stadium he said is, ‘built for the love of football’.

The keeper knows how much Paradise means to the entire Celtic Family – players and supporters alike and returning to our home could be the perfect fillip for everyone in the best football sense.

He said: “It’s been strange and it’s been tough for all different reasons and we’ve all had our stories during Covid, some more severe than others. But, if you don’t want to go too deep, I think it’s the fact of missing being around each other and sharing the game that we love, and I know that stadium’s built for that.

"It’s built for the love of football so I think it will be a really special experience to feel that with the fans coming back into the stadium and getting back to what we love to do.

“The boys, what we love to do is play, and the fans, what they love to do is come and support.”

An abiding image of Joe Hart is his celebration of Sergio Aguero’s last-gasp title-winning goal for Manchester City back in 2012, and Celtic fans would love to see him recreating something similar in a Celtic shirt... he wouldn’t mind repeating it himself.

He said: “That was all about emotion, it was all about passion and I'm sure that’s what I'm walking into. As a team, we’ve got a big responsibility to bring moments like that to the stadium and to the supporters.

“It’s not going to be easy, it’ll be down to hard work, working together and being together as a group, both as players and fans.”

Hart has experience Celtic Park before, having taken part in Stan Petrov and James Milner Charity game in 2018 as well as playing for Manchester City in a pre-season friendly 10 years previously.

He recalled: “That was a great experience and that wasn’t even a proper game if you like.

'It’s steeped in history and I’d love to get the opportunity to step out in a Celtic shirt on it.'

Playing at Celtic Park and some first-hand knowledge from goalkeeping friend, Fraser Forster, also played its part when Hart first heard that the Hoops were interested in signing him.

“I was pumped, I was obviously aware and I'm very good friends with Fraser," he explained. "I know how well he’s done here, I know how well he’s thought of here and deservedly so.

“If you’re not from Scotland, you still know about Celtic as they are known all around the world for those passionate reasons.

“There’s a great fan-base, a great stadium, history, European nights – these are all the things that I'm really hoping to be a part of.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  13. Al Bootyerbaws

Joe Hart is pish but I'd take a one armed midget instead of Barkas and Bain.

seanm and Dan Breen like this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He probably just isn't a natural public speaker, like a lot of people.

charlietully likes this.
  15. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

He's always been like that, if you ever saw him do punditry work on Sky he always looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Once he can do his talking on the pitch I don't care how camera-phobic he is :giggle1:

seanm and honda like this.
  16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I don't know if anyone else has said this yet but he's definitely Head & Shoulders above our other goalkeepers!

seanm likes this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

seanm likes this.
  18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    After hearing his media conference its obvious he is going to bring some real experience and leadership which we badly need. McCarthy should do the same. Signing players like Abada is great but we need some strong personalities, if Hart and McCarthy can find their form and stay fit they have the potential to be huge for us this season.

19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    In fairness he can be a bit drab at times
    Wouldn't read too much into it

20. RiquelmeCSC

Nope, you are the first one.

CH4 likes this.