1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

Not sure I agree with everything you said - but "nothing but a polite Ronny Deila" is as funny as....

2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou stressed his disappointment following Saturday’s Scottish Premiership opener against Hearts, but said if his players continue improving their football, results will naturally follow.

The manager is now preparing his side for Thursday’s UEFA Europa League third qualifying round first leg tie against FK Jablonec in the Czech Republic, and said his players now have an opportunity to bounce back before next week’s return leg at Paradise.

Speaking to Celtic TV, the Hoops boss said: “Obviously, (Saturday’s game) was a disappointing result. From our perspective, the performance was another positive step forward but ultimately you want to win these games.

“We’re looking to bounce back but, more importantly, we want to keep improving our football. If we keep playing and improving our football then the results will naturally follow, but I guess for the players’ confidence there’s a good opportunity on Thursday for us to do that.”

The manager added: “I think in all of the games we’ve played so far, there have been moments in games where we haven’t capitalised on our dominance.

“We’ve allowed the opposition to capitalise on their few moments. We had our moments at the weekend where we could have played a little bit more intelligently in the final third and taken our opportunities.

‘It’s important to have that belief that the process will get you the results rather than getting too anxious about it.’

“European football away from home is always difficult. When you’re going into a different country with different conditions and from our perspective it’s about adjusting to that very quickly.

“We know what we need to do. We need to go away from home, put in a strong performance and get a result to take back to Celtic Park.

"The challenge is the same – we’re disappointed to have exited from the Champions League but we’ve still got a chance at European football and we’re really keen to grab that.”

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

The groupies that follow him around the globe will be along shortly to round you up.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. Smithy

Pleased with the 2 new signings however there is no chance these were Ange's choice. Not sure what that means for future signings tbh.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What influence did Ange have on today’s signings or were they pushed through by the board ?
    We all have our suspicions and hardly encouraging for the new manager .

7. AussieGreek

After Ange's experience in Greece with Panachaiki, he's always been firm with his expectations and his terms.

They were met with his next two clubs in Australia after walking from Panachaiki, initially with the Australian NT but then he walked when other issues arose, and were met when he then jumped to Yokohama.

After his Panachaiki experience, he became much more firm in his own terms before signing for a new gig.

8. Sgt Neppers*

Beggars can't be choosers. It buys Ange more time to implement his style and methods with new signings that are quality, whilst putting a lot of work and structures off the field, for Ange to have full control say from January onwards.

Its all about planning long term. Ange will need to accept help and guidance from others meantime. As long as he has the final say, I'm happy.

9. themouth1888

I'm sure Ange has final say on Transfers but so far it's safe to say only the Japanese boy is someone he's put on the table and we have done the deal for.

cat123 likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't really care if he's behind the signings or not, i just want players in the door, let the manager manage the team.

Marky1967 likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Help and guidance from John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan. We are a mess.

12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:rofl:

13. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Big Lenge had no input whatsoever the * on the board call the shots

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I honestly think that the board signed both guys today as they don't seem to fit Ange's blueprint. I fear this is the beginning of the end for him if he's been forced into getting players he doesn't want.

The club's in deep * if the board are signing players to fit Ange's style because they've not got a clue. Just look at the pish they have signed for us over the years thinking they know a player.

No doubt Hart and McCarthy are older pros but do they fit the system the manager was brought in to implement??

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

They offered him 2 new players. 2 very good players. In a team ange himself asked for experience and declared the teams so young. I'd say joint decision.

16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I know people getting excited about both signings but they certainly weren't manager picks and they seem a little bit like "quick pick up someone who doesn't need to quarantine from the epl!"

17. Big C

So if we’re to believe Howe was getting everything, new back room team, DOF, etc etc. Ange gets nothing but players pushed onto him. For me that seems like that have little faith in him which is a shame.

18. Gurru 991

No manager ever who wants to play out from the back would choose Joe Hart !! Leads me to believe he is not getting much input on incoming transfers unless he thinks he can improve Joe.

19. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * me this place is * brutal at times:31:

Most of you are wetting the bed saying its not an ange signing. * is an ange postecoglou signing?

Realistically, tell me just how many transfer targets a man from the other side of the planet will have. He is operating in an entirely new market for the first time in his career to a budget that is extremely limited to say the least. To think that he has this big list of oven ready players is laughable.

He is out of his depth. Maybe not in the job in general but he is certainly out of his depth in trying to recruit. Is it his fault, not necessarily but it is a key part of his job so he is unqualified. I thought most people would of knew this when we signed him. I'm sure he didn't want to inherit such a badly assembled squad but it is what it is. He was employed to fix it. He is failing.

In short, you had better hope the board make signings and more of them cos this guy doesn't haven't the awnsers. Hopefully the board and ange together can come up with some sort of solution to lennon and lawwells legacy that will see us through the year.

Long term, WE NEED a scouting network that doesn't include the likes of Strachan. A professional scouting network that our manager gets to manipulate and control. Deciding the criteria of players needed, places to look etc. Until we are in that position I'm afraid we have to work with what we have and by the look of things that's not much to go on.

Sad state of affairs I know. Recruitment was paramount this year obviously. We have failed as a club to put the foundations in place for more success. We failed after the rat, we failed after lennon and we now find ourselves here. Dom will need time to fix this and to put these things into place but considering where we found ange and Dom it is absolutely ridiculous to think these two would be able to salvage this so quickly.

Full blame is on dd's shoulders. He said he wouldn't bow down to the mob. All the mob wanted was to avoid this. Well its here.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Furuhashi is an Ange signing. Maaaybe Starfelt.

I agree on the need for a scouting network without Strachan's son in it. But a manager that doesn't deviate from his tactical style needs specific kinds of players. I don't think Hart or Mccarthy fit Ange's criteria. This runs the risk of him tossing the players on the bench after realizing what they can and can't do. Wasted money.

Solidsnake likes this.