1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by moravcik1888, May 10, 2018.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

£15k is surprisingly low but I guess the security of a 3 year deal is too much for him to turn down.

I pray he can recapture some of his old form. If he can get anywhere close to what he was capable of at City, we’ve won a watch.

TimFloyd and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I am with you there. I was hoping we could get Forster back proven quality that he is. Joe Hart does not excite me but I will say that as you rightly say if he is willing to come to Celtic for 15k a week then he is focused on his career and playing and that is for sure a positive if he can knuckle down and regain his best form. I guess like when Gordon came to Celtic first after all his injury issues it was a real gamble but obviously one that worked out. Given his lack of playing time and or form in recent seasons this is a gamble as well. But there is no question that Bain is nothing more then a decent back up and Barkas it just has not worked out and he needs to be sold. So hopefully this gamble on Hart works out and he can regain his best form.

The Phoenix likes this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never been a fan of his BUT he's still got to be a lot better than what we have at the moment. Looks like its going ahead so lets hope this works out.

neilly1987 and TimFloyd like this.
  4. SuperZidane

I think 100% of us would have preferred Forster back. However, it was widely reported that he is on 90k a week at Southampton (this is the last year of his contract I believe) and he apparently turned down a new 3 year contract for 70k a week.

The best we could have got was a 1 year loan if Southampton would have paid at least 60% of his wages.

Hart is a gamble - however, so was Gordon after his injuries. On his worst day - Hart is better than Bain or Barkas. He clearly has a point to prove (taking 15k a week).

If he gets back to anything close to his best form, it's a real bargain.

5. Maestro 08

If Stevie Woods is as good as to be believed surely he can get a 75 times capped, once top keeper back somewhere near his best. We keep hearing he's not got the raw materials to work with so here's a previously proven keeper, obviously motivated to take a wage hit to come here & be a first choice and at a decent age (for a keeper) needing the best brought out of him. This has got to be right up his street. Over to you Stevie.

Taz and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  6. D'Ecosse

I just watched his 30 top saves video - some incredible saves with his feet and into top corners - but what impressed me most was that when he makes initial save he is IMMEDIATELY scrambling to get in position for the retry - too many keepers are just laying on the ground watching what unfolds. But he was like a cat in that regard.
    So - I don't know if he can be at that level when we get him - but why not? Look at Craig Gordon's re-birth and I would say Joe Hart Prime vs Craig Gordon Prime, JH definitely takes it by a LONG way. And he's not old by any stretch, so should be at peak, not on the downhill slide.
    And it says a ton about him that he is willing to take a HUGE wage cut (regardless of what the reported numbers are, you know it is significant compared to current) to get his career re-established and enjoy playing football at a decent level.

7. Odin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    I'd love it if Hart comes to us.

He's definitely better then what we have, experienced and calm in big games.

I'd love Forster to come but can't see it happening.

Just hope we get Hart in before Thursday game.

jj81 likes this.
  8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Dont give a * if he can nutmeg defenders or play xavi like passes as long as he commands the box on set pieces, organised the defence and makes saves.

9. jj81

I just sent him this as a screenshot , he said he will do it mate.

10. Gurru 991

He will certainly know that this is pretty much his last chance !
    That alone should give him the drive to get his game back.

11. celticdawg

Honestly not interested if he can play with the ball at his feet and the amount of shots he has to save up here will be much less than what he has been used to as well , the main thing is he hopefully commands his box and makes a huge difference at set pieces , if he can do that the amount of goals we concede will half in total and hopefully give the defence some much needed confidence !!
    Its not a huge risk when you consider what weve been watching the last year or so imo

12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He would have been able to have got a gig down south no doubt.

13. Gurru 991

Definitely not in the Premier league & a bit iffy for the Championship. He has been on a downward spiral for three plus years now & everyone knows ! Bad news travels fast.!
    He played some cup games for Spurs last season & let in a couple of howlers on televised games.. Nowhere to hide when you are the goalie.
    He was only trusted with Europa league group games and 8th tier Marine in the cup

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Underwhelmed tbh, obviously he's better than Barkas and Bain (wouldn't be difficult) but is this really the best the scouts could come up with who have had more than long enough to scout a keeper?

Hopefully he's revitalized and becomes a version of himself that hasn't been seen in a long time.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  15. TheHappyLoss

Think he’ll do well, though playing initially behind that back 4 won’t be an easy start:

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Pretty much how I feel about it.

Hart hasn't been thought of being a good keeper for a long time but he is much better than what we currently have. Because the board have failed to replace Forster in over a year we should be happy this move?

The board have ground us down by just accepting better than what we have instead of really making statements with transfers and progressing the club.

It's still an area that needs improved by this time next year. Hart is very much a short term solution to a very big headache. That'll be two years that we haven't replaced a position, much like our wing backs.

Again, better than Barkas or Bain but we really should be doing better than Hart imo.

17. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly... Would have preferred Craig Gordon. Very underwhelmed with this.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I actually don't think that's the worst deal tbh. Some drop in wages for him so he obviously really wants to be here. We're not winning * all this year as thIngs stand so give him the year and see how it goes. As mentioned elsewhere this is a short term solution and he can't be any worse than Barkas. Far from ideal but better than sticking with what we have.

19. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not a huge fan of Joe Hart but let's face it he's got to be better than Taylor and Bolingoli at LB..... :cool:

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully this is done today and he can be added to the squad for Thursday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.