1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hearts v Celtic Saturday 31st July 8Pm kick off Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 28, 2021.

Discuss Hearts v Celtic Saturday 31st July 8Pm kick off Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    See tbh hearts and other teams have looked clinical what was it 2 chances on goal and two goals equals * keeping to be honest better keeper equals points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So no mention of the goal wrongly given off side or the potential sending off (not even given as a booking) in the match summary last night and now nothing in the papers today (not in the National anyway). If that had happened to the huns we know those would have been the major talking points after the game. The bias is getting worse. It's actually depressing and makes me question whether after 50 years of following Celtic they've worn me down to the point where it's time to give up on football altogether. At least then I'd have nothing to feel so * about this morning.

3. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone

4. saltire78

Gotta be honest, I've never felt as disconnected with Scottish football and Celtic as I am right now. If this was my burd, I'd dump her, for sure. Just seems like the club takes and takes, the League cheats and cheats and we just get up and go through the motions again and again... It's only the stubbornness of a lifetime support and refusal to lay down that keeps me here, but it's making me increasingly * off and weary, in equal measure

5. Bonobhoy

Same here...had it a while though.

Never even watched the game last night,it was on in the background of an engagement party i was at,and still didnt even look at it,just heard the score...and expected it.

Watched it this morning to see what a mess we are and it was a disgrace.

Teams like Dundee and Hearts,Livingston etc will beat us unless this gets sorted quickly,if not....we are cannon fodder to the lot of them.

But i agree with calling out these refs,that hun * did it 3 years ago and look how much it has benefited them. I hope Ange has the balls to do the same because that was the opening game and a red card and offside goal should have been given.

Wee Baldy and Sydneysider like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Still hard to believe we didn't win that game last night, nevermind lost it..

Let's be brutally honest, that was a terrible, terrible diet side. They were camped in, were shattered early in the second half and resorted to hoofing it out or to us constantly with no out-ball..

Sydneysider, Seán Mac D and honda like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What does that make us?

To be honest, I expected a 1-1 score at best. Ange's footballing style will run into trouble precisely against a parked bus (regularity in Scotland). And this is a side that's missing players needed for a high press, attacking style.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Powderpuff in the final third for a start..

All 3 game's we've had enough chances to win the game's and massively been in the ascendancy, only to keep fluffing and inevitably concede poor goals at the other end..

9. Phoenix Rise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I like what i saw from the team, particularly from Soro, Ralston and Taylor, Bitton and Forrest also played well. Ange needs some time to improve us and get it right, keep the faith.

Dalbeth3, NomDePlum and Mickmac like this.
  10. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree with you but I'd be careful praising Ralston and Taylor. That's not allowed on here even if they play well. Good to here from someone with an unbiased eye though.

NomDePlum and Phoenix Rise like this.
  11. TO Hooper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gordon Strachan
    Great goal by Ralston, Eddie anonymous...….. up front we look powder-puff. No waywe'll be challenging for the title and another Rangers run-away would be hard to take

Hopefully this 'slap in the dace' will stir the board into action and they cough up some funds this week to get some decent players in to give us a quality squad - otherwise Celtic's season will be over before we know it

12. wulliebad

We have been struggling against parked buses for years,but thr problem just now is our strikers are not giving a *,or unfit or just not up to the job.Our defence that used to get the odd goal no longer score from free kicks or corners and our crossing never end up where it should.Its like we have been training to cross it into space. If we were a club that had a history of buying the players we need i would not worry,but we are a club with a history in recent years of buying cheap * that we hope we can turn into a player and sell for big cash.The fact that i cant be arsed Eddy is our last big asset to sell and no one else in the team in that frame shows the scouting system is failed.

13. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Until we have a solid defence and spine to the team then nothing will change. Of the 14 players used last night only 1(Ralston) could be described as physically robust, and in Scotland that just won't do. Not every player needs to be like that but you do need a nucleus of strong players to go to places like swinecastle and not be bullied. Sevco had it last season and that coupled with their extra ability over the smaller teams in the league was why they went unbeaten. We went through last season gifting the opposition goal after goal and have started this season exactly the same. We needed a manager who knew how to organise and make us hard to beat. The board got us a man whose philosophy is, by all accounts, attack, attack, attack, who would rather draw 4-4 than win 1-0. The good times feel a long way away at the moment.

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I love your optimism and no worries never in doubt for me:green3:

kramer1 likes this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    A boot in the bollocks wouldn't stir this board into action m8

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree M8. We are a team full of lightweights and will be bossed by the majority of all the other teams. The majority of our team are also quite small and that's why we suffer every time there's a corner, free kick or just a hoof up the park as we seen yesterday. I'm not advocating we need a bunch of hammer throwers in but we do needs guys like big Bobo, Boyata, Mjallby, Hartson and big Sutton in. The good times definitely seem a long while away for us.

17. jay62

I do think we'll have a few more signings , i do think Ange will have this team playing good football , however by the time we start firing on all cycinders it might be too late, you lose three games in the league, you might be *. And it would be remiss of me not to mention the board. Thank you for sinking this great club , you group of worthless ,spineless, incompetent, uncaring, heartless, savage *.

18. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

We may have new signings but they wont be of any note. We follow the same pattern every year, a couple of last minute loans and a couple of project players. I have no faith that MacKay or the Board can deliver the much needed players Ange needs.

19. jj81

Bunnahaibain, lethal , rough as a pigeons earlobe

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just had a look at hearts 2nd goal there and Bitton doesn't even jump. Another 6ft odd midget. We need guys who are not frightened to put the heads in where it hurts and a keeper who isn't afraid to command his box.