1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Hearts v Celtic Saturday 31st July 8Pm kick off Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 28, 2021.

Discuss Hearts v Celtic Saturday 31st July 8Pm kick off Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Forrest was not playing well at all, yet he kept him on the left most of the game. Giving someone 12 minutes is * pointless.

Did you think Ababa made us weaker when he got thrown in at the deep end? At least he got a full game and scored as well.

Also forgot to add, he has been in the UK for at least 10 days due to isolating.

Artorias likes this.
  2. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Agreed could have moved Forrest to the right sooner. I thought Ababa was a bit light weight tonight.

No Ababa did well on his debut. But still I think to criticise the manager for only giving a player that hasn't trained with the squad and arrived in the country yesterday 10 minutes is not only harsh but a bit daft. It's a joke that Starfelt and Kyogo had to be icluded tonight to be honest.

Yes he has been in the UK. London which is in England, he arrived in Scotland yesterday.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  3. Paty bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    We have got to give out man time, we all realise this boils have happened when Lennon left but it didn’t , big ange has came in and not done that well we’ll, but we can’t blame him, early champions league qualifier, and probably toughest away ground at hearts , let’s just get behind our team, it might be tough, but who’s would rather support !!!!!

Phoenix Rise and Shauny like this.
  4. Scubaroo

Can I have a quick recap, was hoping to be off work won't get to watch the game fully for another 6 hours but saw a quick replay. My take off the replay.

* Ralston with a goal. Not surprised with someone in his position scoring, ange loves them to get up.

The overload for their first goal was clearly a team with players without the engine or the quality to get up and back.

Their 2nd, where no one was making Souttar, was that Bitton a metre away throwing his hands up as if it were someone else's fault? Whoever it was shouldve been up for it and would've copped it after the match.

I saw decent attacks but that shouldn't matter who the manager is or what kind of style, it's * celtic.

Do people like the change in style, is there still positivity?

Starfelt appeared shaky, was I right?

Not a good start for Ange, would've been good to get some positivity, I guess at least the good thing is the games come thick and fast and you can't dwell on them. Though the games coming fast can be a terrible thing.

Sorry for the ramble.

5. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Disappointed with the result, but can see what Ange is trying to do, needs to get in RB, LB who can go by players put good crosses into the box, with players running on to them, work in progress, no trophies handed out today, KEEP THE FAITH, HAIL HAIL

connerm57 and kramer1 like this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Your right about the Abada goal which would of course have put us up 2-1 in the game. The Halliday tackle on McGregor in particularly was bad. Not even a yellow when the only argument I could see was whether is was a straight red or not. But as you also rightly say it should not have mattered but it did. Once again without having to do very much the opposition score 2. That is zero clean sheets in 3 games despite dominating all 3 games and never been under severe pressure in all 3 games at any point. While attacking wise we kept the ball and had territory for most of the game but other then the late flurry we did not really create that much clear cut. Edouard once again was a non factor and we struggled for width in the final third. I have been on this forum a long time and I am the last person to be losing the plot and going overboard with criticism but this is the worst I have felt about Celtic in a long time. I am 100% still of the mind this is the boards fault the position we are in and Ange must be given time. Having said that as much as it pains me to say it I am not seeing anything right now that gives me any genuine hope or optimism at the moment.

Artorias, kramer1 and OziBeerMan like this.
  7. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    We had plenty of possession to win that game and Celtic were a much better team than Hearts. Hearts played rugby whereas Celtic played football.
    My take, our pressing game was hit and miss, and not the way Anges teams play. We seemed to drift in and out. Fitness maybe?
    And as has been well documented and discussed here, the defence is * shaky as. A top quality striker too would’ve made a * of a difference to the result.
    And for the record our disallowed goal wasn’t offside and I have no idea how Hearts didn’t receive a single yellow in that game. The tackle on CalMac was a disgrace and the amount of elbows to faces and players being pulled back, * me.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Welcome to Scottish Football.

What you - and Ange - will need to realise very * quickly, is this is how it is. Agricultural opponents, biased referees and teams with no desire to open up against us.

Ange, yourself and Australia will very quickly leave Scottish football if you don't adapt and kick the * out of these *, then play football.

We hate it as well but this is how it is.

9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    It wasn’t that bad till 60mins then it was obvious some players tired and stopped pressing, we should have brought fresh legs on then, that’s on Ange not making those changes earlier. I actually think a 3 at the back would be much better to his system tbh and give us more solid defensive core.

A lot of slack short passes but I am okay with that now was they were passed forward to link play, accuracy of these passes will come in time.

Mickmac likes this.
  10. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Keep the faith, mate. We'll get there. And when we do, it'll be glorious.

eire4 and connerm57 like this.
  11. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Welcome, mate. You've just become a Celtic supporter. HH

connerm57 and OziBeerMan like this.
  12. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Another thing that was absolutely infuriating about the broadcast of the game was the commentary. Watching the game on BeIn Sports in Australia, the commentators were disgraceful. The guy giving the background commentary, I think it's Andy Walker, must hate us with a passion. Everything Hearts did was wonderful (he sounded like he was having some kind of a fit when they scored their second goal), while everything we did was just further proof of how far we've fallen. But they were both awful. Gobshites, the pair of them. I'll only watch games on Celtic TV from now on.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I get the got to give the new man time, wait till he gets players in the door. Right now, he is saddled with the likes of Bain and Ralston, just nae * else.
    However, he must have seen enough of Taylor to realize he is a dumpling and therefore, lets try Monty. Christie right now, looks a better option than an out of sorts Turnbull, so lets run with a trio of Christie Soro and CMac. Again, little choice on the flanks but to run with Abada and JF. Is Bitton a better option than Walsh, I dont think so. A few options up top, Eddy just a waste of time now he has chucked.

14. JamesM09

I’ve mentioned fitness a couple of times on here but for me it’s starting to become an obvious issue.

It looks like pre-season conditioning hasn’t been done properly and now we’re in the thick of it and not even close to where we should be.

Even taking into account an extended midweek game, at this point in the season we shouldn’t be flagging on 60 mins.

15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We were absolutely robbed in that game and it was nothing to do with the goalie. We came back from a goal down at half time to go 2-1 up and would have gone on to win the game if it wasn't for biased refereeing. We played well mostly, deserved to win and would've won. Ok we still have some defensive frailties to iron out but that's irrelevant when games are stolen from us like this by the officials.

I'm totally scunnered as well but it's from knowing that we're only one game in and it's already obvious we're not going to be allowed to win the league again this season. It's already the situation that if the huns win the league by 3 points or less it's been handed to them by the biased decisions in this match alone. That's before all the other decisions through the rest of the season.

Easter Rd Davie and honda like this.
  16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I know where London is mate, and I did say he has been in the uk for 10 days. He would have had dialog with the club plus he probably has more match fitness than most of the players in the team due to the Japan season.

I do agree Starfelt shouldn’t have started due to match sharpness but Kyogo I wouldn’t have no issues with coming on at half time due to his match sharpness and the fact he is a professional footballer trained with the team or not he would know what to do.

17. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Been the same since Rodgers left with his fitness coaches etc - We haven't * had any since! Looking like going on to win it 2nd half after Ralston scored, then completely ran out of steam and threw it away

littlekennie likes this.
  18. JamesM09

We don’t do anything professionally. Fitness coaches? Nah. Recruitment team? Nah.

Then we wonder why we lose.

19. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    By the way what the * is with Ajeti? How bad must he be if he can't even get on as a sub in this team when we need a goal? Bizarre signing

20. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As expected then.