1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

This is going to take some fixing.

The first step will be the hardest… getting these * as far away from our club as possible.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    People always suggest the withholding of season tickets as an avenue to getting rid of the board. I can't see it. People will renew to keep their seat(s) and there are too many people happy to take up a season ticket. The demand for season ticket means that it's a never going to be an option.

The board cannot be removed. I'm all for protesting but I can't see how anything we do will force anybody to resign their post.

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    They need to be forced out before things get any worse. They are inept to a man.

martin_d and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  4. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Not in anyway trying to look like some form of ticket here or anything like it, I’m too old for all that pish. Apparently though the smv (bhoys now) and the gbs protest next Sunday is going to be the most hostile yet, 2 of my wee daft cousins stay in Royston and run about with that smv lot and they’ve a lot prepared. We can remove the board and that’s a fact.

5. jj81

Robbing *, actually think brendan seen it coming , nothing for the fans , supported the club all over covid , and nothing , blinded us all with the Celtic man appointing lennon , nothing , knew he wouldn't knock it back , a yes man to you incompetent walkers upstairs, yous don't care , the weird thing I always think of is

You could spend to accumulate, not gamble on a big sum , but no , yous have * it every season for a while now , let's spend less and try make the CL.....

How did that work out?

6. jj81

Walkers * * , same *

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Its quite straightforward actually.

If there's blood in the water, the sharks will come.

We just need to make DD bleed. (Metaphorically of course).

Alot of people don't realise that the main reason the bunnet was so effective was a combination of the fan mobilisation and institutionalised bigotry on the part of BoS, who were actively attempting to put us under with nefarious overdraft practices and then later the credit line (after fergus paid the outstanding).

Now the differences between then and now are massive. Firstly, we're far from in financial trouble, which makes any club takeover or transfer of DD's shares problematic. Secondly, theres no real corporate restructuring needed, only on football operations. Which again, makes it problematic to remove DD.

But all that is quite moot.

Most people think that the issue is with the BoD. It's not. It's Desmond.

It's more than common knowledge that Desmond is both kingmaker and boardroom puppeteer. HE is the one who must go, and his scarecrow board will follow straight after.

We need to get to the point where Desmond's association with Celtic FC is unhealthy for his private and public interests.

He notoriously shuns the limelight. And has a distinct distaste for transparency. Fan protests and media attention keep his name and indirectly, his business holdings in the public eye.

Fan protests alone won't oust him, but as I said, metaphorically put his blood in the water, and the sharks will start to circle. You can already see he's less than pleased. I'm sure a very cold chill ran up his spine after the despicable Lawell firebombing incident. Since then, the media shy * has injected himself twice into public eye.

The first was his bullish, puff piece interview, which was more of a "I'm one of you" editorial than it was the "I'm here to stay" battlecry the club's media goons framed it as. If the Celtic Trust were no danger, then why break cover to tell them that?

The second was the more recent "hands on", story. Which was released with no quotes, no sources, no background, and no reference to anything. It was very clearly a paid for "press release" designed to communicate to the fans that he isn't the absentee landlord that he's being painted as.

The * is in the water. Continued fan protests are the chum.

bhoy81 and martin_d like this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    As the egotistical, responsibility dodging group of * that they are, how long do you think it is until they realise that they are the problems?

This is very different from caring about it, which they clearly don't.

They've hid behind every excuse known to man, but there comes a point when you have to take responsibility for your actions or, in this case, your inactions.

The contempt they've shown to us is utterly disgusting. They run football like a business and they've realised that it's the only industry where you can treat your customer base like they're a bunch of valueless, deplorable *.

The bottom line is that we have failed to take any course of action to glaring problems that have festered over the last 5 or so years. We're now seeing what happens after a huge period of time of inaction.

The board's philosophy of 'don't back down, double down' means it won't be long until it'll be our fault somehow that these failings have come to pass, again..

I mean it when I say that the best thing for our club would be for these * to die in their sleep.

9. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

To think there are actual Celtic fans that actually defend Peter Lawwell and his pals, beggars * belief.

I’m all for protesting or whatever but let’s be honest, * all will happen.

A large percentage of the people in attendance will have renewed their season book, therefore with the greatest respect I don’t know what those supporters are protesting against. You’ve given them a mandate to do what they want by renewing.

10. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

They are waking up this morning on a pile of I’ll gotten gains, sparking a cigar and heading down to the 19th hole to pat themselves on the back for a job well done, egomaniacs who can’t see any fault in the actions. They disgust me, only have their best interests at heart, couldn’t give a * about the fans, or the team. every year we cover their losses by funding our club. The board is not fit for purpose, the are categorically failing from every aspect of their roles. None of them deserve the position they sit in. We’ve let them get away with it for too long.

Bonobhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. G40B

If people think protests will do nothing, then they should think back to the army of police the board had deployed outside Celtic Park following the first few Lennon protests.

Much of the board is made up through cronyism, and thus the members don’t have the ability or experience to operate at the level required at Celtic - this includes dealing with fan pressure.

There is a reason Dermot Desmond put himself front and centre following the Ross County protest, and it wasn’t because it got his back up - a good few on the board were genuinely panicked by the number of fans who appeared at the drop of a hat.

Show every single one of these * that they are not welcome at our club.

12. JamesM09

I think what annoys me most is they genuinely think they do a terrific job.

It will never cease to amaze me how humans can ignore things they don’t like. Celtic haven’t come close to qualifying for the champions league for 4 years and haven’t knocked a team out of Europe in 16, but they will completely ignore that because Rodgers and his team won 3 trebles in spite of them.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Nest of rats.

14. Forza 67

Are we going to call out the institutiional bias in refereeing decisions that's clear for everyone and their dog to see? It honestly feels sickening and deflating knowing that even if we deserve to win the league, we won't be allowed to by the powers that be. Can we just get out of this cesspit now, I've been through it for too long. Let them suffer without us.

15. Paul McAuley

This is where I am as well. Basically * all we can do. Think its time to stop this infatuation Celtic, Getting nothing out it and the custodians of the club have chucked it aswell. Well never get rid of the board. This is how it feels to be Celtic!

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    “But we are a well run club. We make a profit. We are not sevco. Do you want us to go bust? Look what happened in Govan. Lawwell is worth every penny. We are a well run club. We make a profit. We must make a profit.”

Just leave this here as we’ve not heard from the usual bootlickers in a couple of months.
    Do we all feel better now? :87:

Twisty likes this.
  17. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yes. Our board are also a Masonic conspiracy to deny us domestic domination and our pride in European performances back. If it wasn’t for referees our club would have scouts, analytic teams, conditioning teams and a proper * clue.

18. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Holding money back, not buying season tickets etc may work in the long term and eventually force change of the but it won't change the way we operate As a PLC the board is appointed by shareholders , they operate the Company on behalf of all shareholders and have strict written guidlines for investment etc. What it needs is a group of shareholders who are not happy to force change, call an EGM and get board members to stand down. If the board refuse to voluntary resign it is a lengthy process to remove them especially if they are shareholders themselves Either way we are fecked until the board change how we operate.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think withholding season ticket money is the only real way of instigating change. Unfortunately that opportunity is gone now.

20. Forza 67

I asked if they're going to call it out and you've went completely off track. Right so there's no bias in Scottish football, just another honest mistake like the countless others thoughout the years that benefit only one team and go against another, got it weapon.