1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

No away wins in 7 away games, going back 6 months. Still playing Lennons squad and players. Being shafted by the board over transfers and staff. He's well and truly up against but he needs to be smarter in squad usage. Wasn't quick enough to make changes when Hearts started to get on top. Turnbulls form is worrying in Ange's system.

Sadly, I can see things getting worse before they get better.

Crilly likes this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I like the guy, comes across as a decent man, but he should never be manager of Celtic, it was an appalling apointment by the Board who just seem to be totally clueless in all departments when it comes to the running of our club.

I suspect things are gonna get really ugly, supporters have had enough.

3. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

When you lose to lesser opposition the buck stops with the manager.

Needs to win a game, soon.

bhoy81 and Maestro 08 like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Look at your username before you start criticising anyone

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

he needs to know that this wont be the last time we will be facing a team parking the bus for 90min

he'll never have experienced that anywhere else because i dont think that happens anywhere else to the extent it happens here

i really hope he gets us being more purposeful with our passes instead of the one side to the other about 50 times a game because a fullback or winger cant take his man on or get a cross in

even when we had tierney and lustig this * was still happening so there being told to do this

littlekennie likes this.
  6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

So far, its looking like initial reservations might have been justified.

bhoy81 likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

As much as we back him for challenging the board, most of us are not daft enough to realise that the players he has at his disposal should be able to beat that hearts team tonight. That defeat is 100% on him for me. The boards failings have kind of overshadowed his contributions imo. He needs to do much, much better despite his hands being tied in regards to operating on the European stage. I've yet to be convinced by his teams and yes we have been told it takes him time to get across his theories. He doesn't have time here.

bhoy81 likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A draw would be a start

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Tbf to the guy it was always gonna be a tough task, but the reality is that he's out of his depth, no managerial experience in Europe and here he is managing Celtic, it's utter madness that this guy was plucked from obscurity to become our gaffer.

And here's us thinking last season was a shambles ffs lol, 2 games in and already oot the CL and behind in the League.

bhoy81, oh bhoy, Raoul Duke and 2 others like this.
  10. Maestro 08

I like the guy but there's so many questionable tactical decisions being made that even in better times I think he would struggle here. He needs to be adaptable and yet all we hear is that he is stubborn and not adaptable. That for me will be his downfall and the way it is going..probably sooner rather than later.

bhoy81 likes this.
  11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Because it’s been * so far with ralston and Taylor and usually just leaves the cbs back when teams counter???

12. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    The board are pish but this shouldn't excuse him if he loses. We should have enough to beat Hearts and he should of made subs earlier since we lost control of the game after we scored and didn't look like scoring until after they scored.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Caalum davidson won two cups last season with literally zero experience as a manager prevously.

Ange's supposed "inexperience" as a manager outwith european means sweet * all.

a good amaanager will be a good manager wherever.

if the board back this giy , he will be a success. if they dont the wight of expectation will drown him

Ozzie Hoop and martin_d like this.
  14. JamesM09

If you assume Ange is a dud (I don’t, for the record) then I think it’s important not to turn on him until after the board is removed.

Ultimately they had the debacle with Lennon last year, the scandal with Howe and now (assuming it goes bad) we have Ange.

The board must go, they cannot be allowed any more appointments or influence.

If it starts to go * up early doors we need to resist turning directly on Ange and use the anger to remove the board.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The jury is certainly still out but for me it's impossible to pass judgement when he's been done dirty like this.

This is our biggest rebuild in decades and they've signed a single defender who had 1 training session before being thrown in today. It is mismanagement on a ridiculous level.

16. Lewis Kerr

I have faith that Ange ball will work but right now we don't have the players for it. We need strong, aggressive, quick, technical players for the system in all positions

I struggle to think of anyone in our team who ticks all of those boxes. Forrest, Christie and McGregor are probably the closest but still have glaring weaknesses

Wee Baldy and Noskeil like this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s how we are playing. Get the players who are able to play the system. Actually have an identity instead of * all like the past couple years.

18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    If you look at Kyogo when he come on, he was all about 1 touch and move, this has been drilled into him by Ange as the way the football he wants to be played. The squad we have are taking 2,3,4 touches then standing still waiting on the ball back, that’s the complete opposite of what Ange is trying to sell to the players.

From watching the 3 competitive games thus far it’s plain to see that some are incapable or unwilling to buy into it. Three that instantly spring to mind that can’t is Turnbull, Soro and Forrest. They need 2 touches to get the ball under control then want to run with it. They need to get out of that philosophy. I think the best example of who can do this is Christie.

The game on Wednesday there was a piece of possession where there was a square of Celtic players, if they passed with 1 touch they would have carved the defence open with 2-3 passes then out to the winger, instead they * about with it and Turnbull ran it into the defence and we lost possession. This is where our lads need to start improving, because if their incapable of playing that sort of intricate football it’s never gonna work.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Some mental takes in here tonight.

People assume being a football manager is like taking control on FIFA or something, they expect instant change and success.

Does not work like that.

20. Maestro 08

Desperately want AP to do well but there's serious alarm bells ringing. 100% commitment to ONE system sounds so cool and his devotees idolise him for this BUT in the real competitive world being unable or unwilling to adapt is an every day weakness and at a club like Celtic it signals the beginning of the end.