1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    1) You clearly don’t understand the market.
    2) You’re not the only one who’s gutted about the amount of season tickets sold, but you’re totally naive if you think that’s the only important factor for the board. ST money is significant, but it isn’t the be-all-and-end-all. There’s more than one way to hit them where it hurts financially, and you’re the one kidding yourself on if you think the media circus that would be triggered by a sudden managerial resignation won’t affect market confidence and therefore the share price.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I turned it off, what did he say?

He's done it a couple of time's already here..

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ave been thinking this since the Danes a good manager works with what he has till he gets the people he wants in ralston and Taylor do not suit his style so play to their strengths rather than try turn them into something they will never be they are in their mid 20s now they won’t miraculously change to suit their abilities won’t allow them it’s all naive as * or very stubborn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crilly and rudebhoy67 like this.
  4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Turned it off. It'll quickly become cringe if he goes on media manhunts, especially if it's random and uncalled for.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Only seen the "repeating yourself" part, and to be fair - good on him.
    Same * questions get the same answers - ask better questions.

Ewang83 and The Phoenix like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Peej likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he said something along the lines of "Is that where the frustration lies in the fact you keep repeating yourself" what's he supposed to say "Lennons team was * from set pieces yours looks to be the same" was uncalled for

Artorias likes this.
  8. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I 've been saying this since the pre season games. Trying to shoe horn players into a sysyem theybdo not understand or have the ability to play it very seldom works.

9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He won't get more than one season if we don't win the league and he won't even get a full season if we're in the same position at christmas as we were last season, board won't have covid to hide behind this year. Whatever folk think about it time isn't a luxury afforded to Celtic managers, its win the league or bust, unless there are really exceptional circumstances.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Will need to hear the full thing to make a better call on it man, but hopefully it is hitting back rightly, and not coming across as petty.

James likes this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This all day long.. was discussing it on the match thread.. we simply don't have the players for his system..

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

If he's gonna have a go at anyone for asking daft questions he should start with Celtic TV

Artorias and Peej like this.
  13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

To be a successful celtic manager you need to * with the * you've got.

Get and utilise the best players available to you. Build a system around those players, not vice versa.

Budgetary constraints and the league we play in mean philosophy and principles need to be put into perspective. For us, results come first, style comes second, albeit a close second.

TonyTim likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I never saw the interview cause I turned it off after the final whistle. What did he say?

15. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Gerry McCulloch with his googly eyes and over enthusiasm needs the Ange treatment

Free the Adblock likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just realised it was posted above and gave it a watch, for me I am alright with that answer.
    guy asked about 3 times about "frustration" and seemed to want to persist - it is a fair response in my eyes.

Refreshing was seeing him still take responsibility - admitting that some of the things even us fans are sayin, are excuses and we could/SHOULD have still won that game.

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Ange needs to face the facts. 3 competative games, 2 defeats and a draw. First time losing opening day League game in 24 years.He will need to adjust or change his system until he gets the players in he wants

Crilly and littlekennie like this.
  18. JamesM09

Mate, I'm happy to agree to disagree but it's you that doesn't understand the market.

The market cares about money and we're making good money selling players. You think they're going to be spooked because Postecoglou chucks it and has a pop at the board, while they're selling record season books and making healthy profits on players? Come on, it's you that's being naive here.

Besides that, like I said we're not AAPL or TSLA.. I'm fairly sure over 50% of our shares are owned by a handful of people that are both:

A: Playing the long game of Premier League entry, which isn't affected by what's going on now.
    B: Friends of Desmond, i.e. the people currently running the show anyway.

Also, the volume in trade on Celtic shares is probably ridiculously small. No one is buying Celtic shares to turn a profit on them in 3 years time..

A football manager resigning isn't like Elon Musk leaving Tesla. Celtic doesn't run on 'Market confidence', it runs on it's customers buying the product, which we did 2 months ago.

The only fright the board they would get from Ange resigning is the negative effect it would have on renewals next season, because the business will literally become insolvent if season tickets stop coming in.

Like I said, they won't be overly worried about that because they know how to manipulate us and would have 9 months or so to get over it.

19. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He's only been here a month ffs. He took over a side that lost the league by a massive margin and we've lost players and not replaced them. Pointing the finger too hard at ange now only gets the board off the hook

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I dare say he has a bit of professionalism/telt by the club when it is the club media interviews and knows not to be seen to fight the club media/club itself in public like that he done on Sky.