1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ismaila Soro.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Jan 22, 2020.

Discuss Ismaila Soro. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would like to see him and Shaw share the position, start Soro and replace him with Shaw for last half hour. Give Shaw a few starts also and have Soro replace him. Soro needs to kick on now, been here 3 years now.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

People declare players are not good enough instantly because they are normally replacing a player we've just sold etc that was developed for years to become qaulity. Then they witness the undeveloped player and believe they are rubbish. Give him time and he will do good.

I'm guilt of it because I'm sure I said he wasn't good enough :56: willing to learn and give him time.

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. murphy88

I think he will turn out a very good player for us. He needs to use the ball a lot quicker when he gets it, but I love his energy, and both that and his positioning will only improve the more games he plays. The only thing that worries me is that he will commit fouls, and he will be an easy target for referees in Scotland. Guaranteed to pick up a booking tonight.

4. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    ‘3 years’?’ He signed for us literally last year, mate. :56:

Agree on the Shaw thing, and said the same a page or so ago on here. No need to buy a DM and let two younger ones go to waste, when we could be developing both.

If it turned out that they both had the same weaknesses and/or weren’t developing quickly enough, we could get another in at the end of the window, or in Jan, if we had to.

It’s not the same level of priority for me as it seems to be for other guys. I’m far, far more worried about getting GK, 2x RB, LB, ST sorted, and then after that, potentially another CB and winger before we look at DM - unless, as I say, Shaw and Soro don’t cut it between them.

Edit: Should be remembered that we can also promote Lawal, who is doing excellently for the B team, albeit at a low level.

5. horseshoe

He signed january last year not three years ago, and should have been playing most of last season, grabbed his chance with both hands when it came along and then just binned out the team by our muppet of a manager when he'd barely put a foot wrong, man down brown was just undroppable.

6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Looking a bit more composed tonight.

That said, he’s just crunched delightfully into that wee dobber Halliday.

7. Tomas

Works hard but gives the ball away too often

8. david100825

Thought he was excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mince.Charming and martin_d like this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The amount of times he tries to fool players he’s passing it forward or wide and then passes it into the middle straight to the opposition is infuriating.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was one of the plusses tonight.

martin_d and King Kwon like this.
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He's decent but he shouldn't be the only option as the defensive midfielder. We should have another guy who is preferably, big, good in the air and a solid no nonsense style of player so we aren't as weak in the air from set pieces or have the option of putting him and Soro in the same team when we're winning or in tougher games.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Mixed bag... does some great things but some really poor things..

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. JamesM09

I don't understand the stick he gets to be honest. I thought he was good tonight.

He always looks to move the play forward and pass forward. Inevitably some passes won't work out but it's far better than Brown passing sideways and backwards all the time.

Defensively I didn't see many issues either. Hearts put the ball on top of Taylor or in behind Ralston for most of the game rather than play through Soro.

Obviously no where near the finished article but we are 3 games into the season and he was frozen out last year so we could ensure an Aberdeen player was raring to go.

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    True, I sometimes wish he would move the ball faster but saying that, so often not a lot happening in front of him, way too static are his teamates.

Gyp Rosetti and JamesM09 like this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was good enough tbh. We do need another creator in midfield with him. Hard when eduard just stands about now, the wingbacks are useless (aye christiano ralston scored) so no decent runs going forward. Forrest just hides as usual. Infact id * love a Roberts type player right now, exactly what we're missing to skip by a man or two opening the full game up.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think we're guilty of overdribbling and overpassing, instead of going for the simplest attacking play available.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Bring back Didier agathe.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. Foley1888

Agree with this, he is also the only one of the three capable of winning a tackle, in this current system Turnbull is struggling badly due to his lack of pace and stamina.

For me the biggest issue which we haven’t addressed to date is the lack of physicality in the team particularly down the spine of the team. Look at Rodgers successful teams they had Jozo and Boyata, Brown (who could still run) and Dembele in the spine of the team. We currently have no physical centre back, Soro and a powderpuff Edouard.

Get someone in to properly anchor the midfield with a presence and push Soro on for me.

19. wulliebad

Lets not forget he is only starting out now \0/ has left and with some luck will get better as the season goes on and they work on his game.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Soro joined last year :giggle1: