1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

I have concerns over him and I still do based on his history and from what I've seen so far his style of play but I don't think that is 'shitbagging' him I think that is legitimate concerns.

The thing that annoys me is being told what Celtic are like from people who started following us 6 weeks ago I mean I was told I can't be a real Celtic fan as I don't have any real interest in the Scotland national team which is so far wide of the mark it's unreal and on top of the notion that he can do no wrong it was bordering on a cult at times.

That being said to date the early signs are positive I wont judge him on exiting the qualifiers as that lies with the board but we did manage to play some nice stuff in spells and I look forward to see him playing his style with his own players (hopefully) but I still maintain the decision to give Ralston and Griffiths new deals was wrong and I think we will be far to easy to counter with a long ball.

2. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    We’ll that’s ridiculous if people have said that and fair call to call it out.
    And Ange definitely has his own weaknesses, I think most of us reasonable Aussies have said that. One of them is being a stubborn * sticking to his system.
    In saying that though he’s not as inflexible as some have made him out.

craigtheceltic, Mr Shelby and James like this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question the utter * show that we are at the moment is all on the board and zero on Ange. As disappointed as I was in our Champions League exit last night lets get real there is zero chance we would have got past PSV in the next round anyway and I knew we had zero chance of making the group stages in the champions league this year winning last night or not so I had already written that off.
    Ultimately right now I agree with you that Celtic have to back Ange and allow him to build the team as he wants it and sell off the rest of the players who don't want to be here as well and then its up to Ange. But right now that is not even where we are at and I really do hope if Ange does not get what he wants that he comes out publicly about it and resigns.
    From my own perspective when it comes to Ange I am totally neutral in the sense of not been against him getting the job. As far as I am concerned I am delighted that Howe is not our manager as given his behavior he probably would have made the rat look loyal to the bone by comparison. Not to mention having that mentality confirmed for me that Howe has no clue as so many arrogant English * don't even in the game how big Celtic is and if you were open about it and wanted to how the Celtic job is the perfect stepping stone to a bigger epl job.

So for me I am neutral with Ange but of course 100% behind him and wanting him to be a success. I think the big upside for us with Ange is this is his big chance to make it in Europe and he clearly has a good CV from his time in Australia and Japan so maybe we have albeit by chance hit on a good one here. But realistically even Wim Jansen coming in in 1997 had less of a mess to deal with in terms of the team. I fear for Ange and really if he can turn this around and build a successful team that will be quite a remarkable achievement by him considering what a shambles he has been handed to start with.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  4. Mr Cleansheets

Whiskey?

Too sweet for me. Much prefer whisky.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  5. Mr Cleansheets

That's almost poetry...

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Mr Cleansheets

I don't think Ange will walk this season, unless things go totally pear-shaped re the board. He has far too much loyalty to his players - even the ones he wishes weren't there.

Anyone who thinks Ange wasn't aware of what the job entailed is waaay wide of the mark. He's very smart, very well informed, and as stubborn as all *. As long as he feels the love from the fans and his players he'll be more and more inspired to succeed no matter how cuntish the board.

Someone should be making a doco about it.

Ozzie Hoop and OziBeerMan like this.
  8. oh bhoy

if he does get fed up and leaves is he gonna be called a rat like rodgers

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not sure he could be well informed, given that our board definitely do not communicate openly with the fans.

10. Mr Cleansheets

He's a very experienced coach from within the CFG and on best mates basis with some of the most famous managers in the world. On top of that he's a major student of the game. You don't think he'd have a pretty clear idea of what the Celtic job entailed?

The manager's network would've been all over the Howe saga. You don't reckon Ange had some inside info before making his decision?

MAP likes this.
  11. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    If that’s the case and CFG managers across the group talk about the * show the board is, why is CFG allowing the board to stay in place?
    They only know what they’re told.
    As for knowledge of Celtic and the expectations etc, absolutely he was aware. And the rebuild required. That would’ve been his main attraction.

12. Mr Cleansheets

Because CFG don't own Celtic.

They're just mates with Celtic.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not going to be mates any more. Lawwell's son will be getting a pasting.

"How dare he recommend a loud-mouth, demanding manager who doesn't know his place? The nerve of both of them!"

14. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Learnt something new. Thought they had a percentage.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Alan Brazil having a go at Ange for his interview the other night with that * Liam Macleod saying Ange's reply re the result being catastrophic comment from MacLeod was "a bit strong" and "aggressive". Naw Brazil (another crawling soup taking *), Ange was doing something that very few Celtic managers do and that was to stand up against a hun loving SMSM and long may he continue. I never heard any of you or your colleagues criticise any of Gerard's rants so, shut the * up Brazil and get back to sooking up the rest of your TalkSport colleagues arses.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

That's pretty damning tbh, the Board are well aware of the state we're in, but are still way too slow to back the manager.

Wee Baldy and honda like this.
  17. GavCFC1

Apparently he’s said today we need “two or three” and there’s “a bit of a way to go” in terms of incomings

MickeyyMack likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hopefully those comments have been manipulated

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

If he's said we need 2 or 3 that's Lennonesque.

It's no exaggeration to say we need about 10

Wee Baldy and Noskeil like this.
  20. stevoEOS

2 or 3?! I hope he didn’t say that as we need a lot more than 2 or 3.