1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dermot Desmond

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheHappyLoss, Feb 27, 2016.

Discuss Dermot Desmond in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest mate..

Vermin..

2. Martybhoy53

Desmond should be strung up by his tache.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Hope the * lost a fortune.

4. StevieBhoooy!

That big grey handlebar-tached * of a major shareholder needs to haul his tight, pastel-clad * off whichever sun-soaked golf course he’s hiding on and get this shitshow sorted before we end up watching another complete bust of a season unfold.

Oh … hang on! The STs have been sold… it doesn’t matter.

5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Blue jacket as well. * aul tory *.

It's telling as well that when he wanted to quiz a journo on his Celtic credentials, his questions were all things like, "when did I buy my shares", and "when did I hire Peter Lawwell".

He clearly doesn't know a thing about Celtic other than when he bought the wee bit of paper that sits in his drawer.

I bet if he was forced to do a quiz on his Celtic credentials he'd quickly hang up the phone.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ffs.

The Phoenix and Seán Mac D like this.
  7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Horrible old *, wish he'd * off for good.

8. StevieBhoooy!

He’s just been rinsing the club and fans since the day he took control… the Rodgers appointment was a response to fears of low ticket uptake if either RD stayed or a better replacement wasn't made..

Unfortunately he and other board members & shareholders have realised that they will sell out season tickets whatever the situation.

The pandemic has helped them in that fans are desperate to actually go to matches so are putting reservations aside and buying tickets despite knowing that it just plays into DDs hands. Waiting until renewal deadline day to buy is NOT a boycott.

Those supporters who’ve stumped up £550 plus this season put their trust in the club and have been betrayed before match 1.

Everything has been a farce … from the delay in sacking Lennon, 3 months wasted on a ‘mibbee’ manager who never wanted to come in the first place, keeping JK on, faffing about over transfers, new players having to isolate during CL qualifiers… (we knew the match dates why not get it fkkn done in time?)… the GK situation (.they’ve had a whole season to see it needs fixed but still nothing)…. Etc etc etc

Absolutely everything is pure tokenism and done as a reaction rather than part of a proper management and recruitment plan.

Too little …. Too late…. Too cheap…. Every time.

theweeman and Noskeil like this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I agree except the manager. I was willing to take our time to get the right man. We all knew it was a huge job. The board was probably led on a bit, then howe probably gave them a list to make contact with etc and the list came back as the usual "don't worry pal, we'll get round to that, we've been dealing with new disco light repairs so just sign on the dotted line" and alarm bells rung and he * off. Going by what we have he probably done the correct thing for his career.

Now ange actually has the players playing coherent football and all within 4/5 weeks. 2 weeks for some internationals. A type of football that'll only improve. I don't doubt the board will sign more players btw, I just don't get why they wouldn't sign them before the champions league qualifiers. Mental.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    So Desmond old chap, how's that other little thing you have a hand in doing these days? What was it gain, a Scottish football club or something like that? Making much money out of the plebs? If a picture paints a thousand words -especially when it was taken. Get him and the rest of the tory feckers as far away from our club as possible

11. JamesM09

Don't worry guys, Dermot's stepping in to get us 2011 keeper of the season Joe Hart and he's actively checking if any Irish players are available to come in for a season and take all our money.

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Unfortunately it seems the constant trolling from Sevco doesn’t seem to dent his ego. I’m forever hoping that one day he’ll retaliate and spend some of his dosh, or even just take an interest :39:

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We make plenty money to invest double sevco. We just don't.

14. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I * despise him. Absolute * of a man. I don't care how he * off, he just needs to

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    For a Scottish club to be owned (to some extent) by a Billionaire is a very rare thing indeed. It might sound crazy to try to chase a billionaire out the door, but I think we have all had enough of the same old predictable failings every year.

Dermot you can have all the money in the world but if you're not going to seriously invest in our club please * OFF you tight *.

Peej and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Hopefully next time he's golfing somecunt takes a driver to his head and knocks his mustache off him

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Whilst I agreed with the sentiment of your other points in your post, these two sentences are just completely out of whack.

Desmons hires Rodgers because he fears low ticket sales, yet he and the board know they will get seasons ticket sales regardless?

:97:

18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Celtic are an attractive team to own no matter where they play, if up for sale a big money man would snap us up. The notion that we’re lucky to have a billionaire is bs, it’s more the fact DD is lucky to own Celtic. We have a worldwide sellable brand, we have no debt which unlike our neighbours is attractive to any potential buyer.

If Celtic were to go on the market tomorrow there would be a list of people interested. The potential to move the club to the next level is scary, it’s just the current owner and board are happy to fleece the fans.

19. StevieBhoooy!

I think they genuinely feared that at the time.

I was at games during RDs time when there were maybe 9k there although all the seats had been paid for. I believe they did fear low renewal if things continued…. but have since realised that this is now unlikely to happen…. And (as with both last season and this coming one) that STs will still sell out regardless. As said… the pandemic has helped them with creating a need/demand for live football and has ‘countered’ any reluctance to renew in the majority of supporters.

The board know they are Teflon coated in that respect..

20. Mr. Slippyfist

You're correct. They brought in a "real manager" (as the famous quoted Desmond saying to Lawwell) to make a real challenge. As well as bringing someone in who would bums ins seats and get rid of the banners in the upper section, that it did.