1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 24, 2021.

Discuss Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Another big worry for me tonight was the lack of fitness from a lot of our players. Several of them were blowing out of their arses which, as we all know, was a major factor in many of our performances last season.

Artorias, seanm and Damnati like this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

2 players. Still about 5 or 6 short at least. We have been put out in our first round of qualifying, how is this hyperbolic *?! It happens far to often for it not to be our level ffs.

seanm likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You and many others have been telling us we were getting scudded this round yet now it's a surprise.

This should be more shocking toe than you.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Can't be arsed with this *.

I actually thought we would win tonight yet I'm more at peace with the result than some of you who predicted our demise long before the game.

How does that work?

* this. Feel like doing a Marty and leaving this poisonous atmosphere for a while.

5. Sgt Neppers*

Not speaking for others at all. But I never made one prediction on here about tonight's game beforehand. Even said we play decent stuff just lack edge in the final third.

Changes nothing. This is a hurdle we fall at far too often.

6. saltire78

Yeah, but in fairness, it's our 1st serious matches of the season and it went to extra time. With EUFA playing these legs so early, after a full international calender of matches too, it's no surprise we're weak and the players are tired.

Unlike some, I can see the green shoots of good play and ideas in there. I thought the defence did well, given the task they were asked and clearly not up to. What killed us was that we weakened with subs and they strengthened, because we're completely bare in the squad. We need to get a handful in just to be strong as a TEAM OF 11.

When Rodgers came in the entire squad returned fit and ready to graft, and we need to give Ange power to bin folk who don't or we're completely undermining him before he even begins to make the changes needed.

Wee Baldy and seanm like this.
  7. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Prima Donna Edoaurd should have scored 2, Forrest 1. Edoaurd played without passion, was in positions to score but was not alert enough. Ralston did better in this game given his limitations in that position in the past. Moffat needs to be nurtured into and train with, the senior squad this year. Too much tactical 'injury' time- wasting by the Danes to run down the clock - the ref should have been stricter. Squad needs to be strengthened Asap, with new signings and gel with the existing players Ange wants to keep. I was bitterly disappointed for him and the team - we should have won this game. I was taught to never attempt to dribble past a 3rd player, and to keep a cool head. Keep it neat and simple and accurate and make space. I believe Celtic will do well in the Europa and it will also be a learning experience for the squad. They will be exposed to teams with different styles of play and learn to deal with them. Onwards and Upwards.

seanm likes this.
  8. DonnyCelt

Ah that old feeling of waking up after an embarrassment in a CL qualifiers.

Smithy, Artorias, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The back 4 had an average age of 21.that is dreadful. Although I don't think things were changed up quick enough the bench was incredibly weak.

seanm likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We won't even make the Europa. We will do very well in the conference.

seanm likes this.
  11. seanm

Ange looks depressed already and we havent started the league. He now knows what a * of a board we have first hand. They wont back him he will get frustrated and will leave and no one can blame him.if you dont starve the board of money they will shaft us until we waken up .but too many fans give it im backing our team by buying kits and tickets.if your money was put into the squad id agree but it isnt.

12. seanm

Its so simple we either back the team and starve the board of money or we will continue our demise. Keep your money save it until a new part fan owned club and board arrives. These tories only get a hard on from money not fans nor the team just cold hard cash is all they care about. Many fans tonight wont go to games to watch this shambles not of anges or the players making but the board .we were in a position to bury the huns we didnt theyre back and were * for the foreseeable future unfortunately .HH

JamesM09 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  13. celtic warrior

The defence didn't lose us the match last night through bad defending, but at its core that back line kill any idea of how Ange wants a team to play.

* the board, * everything, they could easily sort out the defence and I genuinely believe we can win the league, but the board won't give Ange what he needs.

I'd be meh about the whole case if Ange decided to leave before xmas at this rate.

Dip 'n' Swerve and Artorias like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Our team was in bit's. A young, makeshift defence. A striker that didn't try a leg. A keeper who is championship at best and yet we were still better than them overall over both leg's..

I'm no going overboard when I say they were a terrible outfit. I found them utter, utter *. Yet they still papped us out..

Unbelievable that we keep doing this fo ourselves. Self imploding and failing to prepare properly..

I'm lost for word's at what's been going on for the last year..

Artorias likes this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

is it that or are we under bidding and * around ?

seems to me we are * around trying to shave a hundred thousand off here and there and end up struggling to get players in

how do the accounts look do we really need to sell before we buy it sure looks that way aswell

if we get offered near between 15 to 20m for edouard we better take it because i cant remember the last good performance from the guy hes been living off that first season with lennon

ange was right in his interview from what hes got at his disposal this wasnt a catastrophe it was expected he obviously cant say that but all fans know this

16. Paradise88

The defence didn't do too badly considering their experience, age for the magnitude of the game. It was our lack of finishing that should have seen the game out. Murray and Ralston largely had a good game.

17. Al Bootyerbaws

We weren't ready for these qualifyiers, we never are but this was taking it to new heights.

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

Frustrating in so many levels...
    - if the rest of the team showed as much pride for the shirt as Ralston last night we would have won ok, how many of our players won their 1 v 1 levels, I am not saying Ralston was amazing but he did some big things in the game ( an important block, trying to get down the line and it was the best he could offer).

- I think mc gregor was the only one I seen who wanted to roll his sleeves up - when we went 2-1 down we still had a chance to get back into the game but created * all

- as much as I like ange there comes a time with less than 10 mins to go you do change things and throw the kitchen sink rather than still try to play out from the goalkeeper - that is the worry with ange - on a windy night away to Dundee utd you need to adopt to be a successful manager in the league sometimes not win pretty.

- Dalsgaard left Brentford on a free to join Midtjlland in June he can play RB he did ok yesterday - we needed a rb - what the * is happening with finding players in the correct time.

- the new incoming players are expected to hit the ground running and make massive impacts - that is unfair

- I feel for welsh and murray they need experienced shoulders to develop them not be thrown into the deep end.

- Taylor, Soro, Forrest, Turnbull, Rogic ( he fancies himself and struts about looking a spice boy ) - our midfield offered * all no one wants to do the dirty stuff, track back, be nasty, be strong, be in your face, win 50s/50s we miss that massively, a proper engine - we are lightweight and powder puff

- Eddie - no hold up play, cannot shoot outside the box, no core strength, poor decision making, out muscled, tries to dribble past 2/3 players either not in it or shot to pieces but he needs to go asap.

- Bad luck - wee dembele would he have made an impact bad injury in a friendly game

- Bitton - enough said

- Forrest - same old I don't see what he is about one trick pony

- Griff - ?? sore muscle always.

Big big big changes - we have no spine - keeper - centre backs - strong running physical midfielder and a powerful striker

Full backs offer little - no crosses with intent in the last 1/3 we fall apart.

watching celtic these days it literally mental torture

A win last night and it was guaranteed 6 games European group stage football, now it is 4 x tricky games to secure that which could mean games against AZ, Fenerbahce but first face a team who came 3rd in Czech league behind sparta and slavia :-0

I would have taken Hayes and Gordon last night they would have made more of an impact, we gave away Sviatchenko for * all fs - bonkers stuff

Heads needs to roll - 4 weeks until we head to the blue side for a massive game * me! I predict we roll over and fail.

Solidsnake and NomDePlum like this.
  19. Dip 'n' Swerve

keeper could have done better no spread or reach or judgement of the ball.
    taylor didn't help them in any way, failed to get over lapping and was caught out a few times
    the other 3 did well per say.
    forrest had the chance to seal the game on 2 x occasions - other than that we never even looked like threatening when we got into the last 1/3 - turnbull was a rabbit in the headlights and needs to be told he isn't big time Charlie.

20. Dip 'n' Swerve

I could see him saying bring in players I want asap or ill walk - which the board and lennedy will love

Shauny likes this.