1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by moravcik1888, May 10, 2018.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't like him and he's regressed loads..

He isn't just better than our current batch though, he's miles above....which shows how pish they are as he's no even good anymore..

Has experience and would at least communicate well for the back line..

No great with the ball at his feet though and let's in some howlers. We can 100% do better..

Can't take Barkas or Bain again though. Fucksake what a dilemma..

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lads and lassies.. My tip for this season is to back over 2.5 goals and both teams to score in every Celtic game this season...

This time next year we'll be millionaires...

luboagain and martin_d like this.
  3. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ange if youre reading this or actually @George Theodorou even, GO FOR SALVATORE SIRIGU.

Tommy25, AussieGreek, Damnati and 3 others like this.
  5. saltire78

Will he not finish up costing as much to loan as a decent keeper from around Europe would to buy though?

cas79 and martin_d like this.
  6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Never rated Hart. Yes, he's better than what we have currently, but let's face it that's a pretty low bar, and he wouldn't have to isolate, but that's the only positives I can see. He's still not what we need. Hopefully we can get someone better and more suited to Ange's style than this.

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Terrible yet miles better than what we currently have :giggle1:

JML67, The Phoenix and Artorias like this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Not seen him play in yonks so can’t really comment. Be better than what we have but that won’t be hard.

martin_d likes this.
  9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Hasn’t he something like 3 EPL winners’ medals?

Also, just because he’s been a bit arrogant in the past, and slightly suspect with the ball at his feet, it doesn’t mean we should write him off as not being able to have an impact here in the short-term.

I’d like a longer-term solution, of course. However, there’s so much missing in our squad atm, that if we can get a key position like GK tied down just for this season, and focus on the future of it next year, we should. Would allow us to work on other positions for the long-term.

I honestly don’t think Hart is a bad keeper. Past his best? Aye. Had a career wobble after the Pep fallout/Euro ‘16 balls up? Aye.

However, he lifts his hands past his shoulders when attempting a save - so is better than Barkas - and he actually looks to position himself to intervene/come for crosses, etc and show some actual reflexes - so he’s better than Bain. Miles ahead of both. If you don’t believe that, you want to have a good look at either your objectivity and/or your knowledge of the game.

Edit: That said, I’d much prefer someone like Marshall, or, frankly a good few others, but folk are kidding themselves on if they think he wouldn’t improve us.

10. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    don't waste wages on him way too expensive for very little back

11. gazb1888

I’d take Tony Hart at the moment, so yeah joe will do..

12. jambo_cfc

Far better than what we have even though he had regressed in the last few years , always felt sorry for him , even when he was at his prime there was always talk of him being replaced at city which i think hindered him , think if he is given the number 1 jersey and told its his to lose then he may get back to the hart of old , always thought he was small but looking and he is 6ft 5 that true ?

13. jamesgordon1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Normally I would say there is probably better out there for the money but that backline we have is so young maybe an experienced player like Hart who has played at a high level is what they need.....hearing few people assuming it's a loan is there no way this could be a permanent deal? Not sure what his wages are but Tottenham are notoriously hard to deal with so maybe he isn't on that much considering he's back up not totally against this if it happened.

14. john2061

He's past his sell by date and there's better out there if you look at the goalkeepers who are nearing the end of their contracts Patrick pentz Austria Vienna 24 year old would cost £2.5 million and last year of his contract and mile suilar benfica 21year old would cost 2 million and also last year of his contract and far better than Hart and the club should get a head of recruitment as this shows it needs one .

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would take anybody at this rate, if it meant no Barkas or Bain.

thailandceltic likes this.
  16. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

He's regressed so much since his time at city where he was initially let go because he couldn't play out from the back, the one thing Ange will want a keper to do. This makes zero sense, which is exactly why it'll happen, because Celtic :giggle1:.

17. cammy07

Being better than what we have currently shouldn't be the barometer when what we have currently is completely useless.

For me Hart isn't the answer, unreliable and always has a howler in him. That's not taking into account he'll be on a decent wage and has barely played in a few years now.

There will be far better out there, whoever it is doing the recruitment are just too lazy/incompetent to find it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    cas79, Lewis Kerr, Mr Shelby and 2 others like this.
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He was a very good shot stopper in his day. Awful with his feet which is why he was punted by Pep. Hes regressed so much though. Even random games he did play for Spurs, he was letting in shots he should have been saving comfortably. There must be better out there. If we want some form of experience, I’m sure loads of people have said it on here but Sirigu is free. The * was in the Italy squad for crying out loud.

19. jambo_cfc

did you see the keepers ange had in japan lol
    Think this may be took out his hands tbh lol

20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’d take him. But that says more about our situation than his abilities to be honest.

He would be a massive improvement on what we have but so would Zander Clark and no I’m not joking.

thailandceltic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.