1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 24, 2021.

Discuss Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Its more the fact we will start the game with an 18 year old and 21 year old at CB, ralston at right back and probably Barkas in goals.

Away vs the Danish runners up. Big ask IMO.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye it’s * terrifying tbh mate.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Gut feeling says 1 or 2 nil them..

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Doesn’t matter who you start with in goals tbh that front 4 infront what chance have you honestly got

5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We'll get put out.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We’ve just got to attack the *. We have firepower to hurt them.

Raffle winner
    Ralston Welsh Murray Taylor
    Turnbull McGregor
    Forrest Christie Abada
    Edouard​

3-2 us.

kramer1 likes this.
  7. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We were the better team in the first leg. Their goal was preventable, and other than that they didn't really look like they could hurt us. I'm worried about this game, of course, but I don't think we should read too much into the West Ham result. We could have had three against Midtjylland in the first leg. As Sean says above, we have to fire into them, play with speed and confidence. They're diminished from last year's standard. They're beatable. And we're Celtic. Keep the Faith.

gazb1888 likes this.
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Might be better starting Hjelde instead of Murray, he has had plenty of game time last season.
    Never going to get through with the back 5 we have.

9. AussieGreek

ayeeee, I’d punt Wee Big Man Hjelde instead of Murray. I want to see more of Murray this season, but do feel for him and do not blame him at all for the goals conceded because he’s been given such a huge responsibility without the proper guidance with an experienced CB besides him.

Soro must start, he’s an anchor at linking the Defence with the attack. He’s gonna have a huge season.

10. mayo

If it means no Ralston or Taylor? Aye.

As traditional full backs I wouldn’t play cal or Jamesy there in a million years however under Anges system of using inverted full backs so it probably would be quite effective. Anges system relies on full backs with a good first touch and composure on the ball. The way the squad is at the minute I’d rather go down swinging then hoping to nick a 1 nil win.

11. john2061

I think we might have to score three goals to have a chance to go through as that defence is a * disgrace and all down to the board if we go out .
    These charltans on the board really need to have a good look at themselves as they are throwing Ang under a bus with their neglect of getting players in asap and need a few in this week before we play hearts .

12. dmac

Game should have been done and dusted but the usual failure of last season not taking the chances we make and conceding poor goals from free kick still haunt the team. Can't have the full backs bombing forward and leaving big spaces at the back to be exploited. This will need to be a smash and grab job only problem I see us the players have a tendency to ball watch instead of seeing what is around them

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's going to be a big ask, the players in the back 5 aren't ready or will never be good enough..

We will need to try and dominate them from middle to front and be clinical in front of goal, seems ages since we were clinical.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Gotta score every clear cut chance we get and we will win this 6-5. Its about our only hope.

In all seriousness we played way too good for them last time so I expect a repeat.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I say three one to the celtic and we go onto pump hearts quite comfortably with the help of a couple of new bhoys

NomDePlum likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We were the better team by quite a bit up until the sending off. Definite defensive frailties but if Edouard can get his head into the game for Tuesday and Christie and Abada play similar to the first leg I think we will win.

gazb1888 and honda like this.
  17. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Unfortunately the defence is just non existent at the moment in this game I think we have to control the midfield and shut them down so they don’t even get into our last third and if they do we need the wingers closing down to stop crosses coming in.

Saturday seemed like everyone was in the attack and when the broke there was no one at the back to cover or track across for the first two goals Antonio just ran away from them because Murry or Taylor were to high up and could come across to cover same for 4th goal

we need the coaches to do there job and give direction during the game to the defence

18. Pearse67*

Ive a bad feeling about this one, and rightfully so, back 4 and keeper are the worst ive ever seen in my lifetime literally bottom 6 spl level!

19. Maestro 08

Yip worrying and 2 young CB's that were left totally exposed last time out and were ripped to bits. Hopefully their confidence isn't shot to pieces as well.

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Have you forgotten Bolli, Duffy and Jon Joe Kenny so quickly?

Welsh is a decent player regardless of yesterday. Needs more experience and/or better players round him.

gazb1888 likes this.