1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He only shines more light on how toxic and terrible it was under Lennon and lawwell.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    A lot of miners towns especially in Fife “yer black” means your filthy, from the time miners used to come out of the pits black from coal dust, nothing sinister but unless explained probably misunderstood.

martin_d likes this.
  3. Al Bootyerbaws

He’s definitely not a bullshitter. I just wish we hadn’t wasted all they months on Howe and we could have had him in place and also another few players. This isn’t a quick fix but I like what I see so far. Won’t matter a * for Ange if we don’t get the results though as we all know.

mayo and The Prof like this.
  4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This might sound odd, but I am happy he has not done any fan pandering, especially after Rodgers and Lennon, Rodgers with his stories about McGrain and Clyde Tunnels, cringeworthy, just focus on the football first.

5. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    If you love Ange, then you see his quality as a man and as a manager - even though there were Scottish doubts about an 'Australian' being appointed as the new celtic manager.

Now Celtic fans need to maintain that same mind set for what I am about to say. Celtic need a quality goalkeeper ASAP. There is no doubt about that.

That keeper is Lawrence Thomas. He is Australian, in the current national World Cup squad and recently got his first cap. He plays in Denmark with SonderjyskE. He is in his second year of a 2 year contract with the Danes. He is very experienced, very very capable with all the attributes you expect in a keeper. His transfer price is a good buy for Celtic, and it would be an astute buy. He is a very honest player and gives 100% and the fans love him. Very dedicated to his craft.

Look him up on youtube, Lawrence Thomas goalkeeper, and you will see what I mean. It would be A VERY POSITIVE MOVE.

Need to do it soon. He is going to be on the world stage soon in World Cup qualifiers and his price will go up. Celtic can trade him for Barkas if need be as part of the deal.

6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You guys are out of control.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd rather big fraser forester. Even messi can't get the ball by him.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

The doubts are not and were never anything to do with his nationality it's solely to do with his CV as much as he is making all the right noises and seems a likeable guy the reality is he still hasn't done anything at Celtic so time will tell although granted the early signs are positive

mayo, Peej, martin_d and 1 other person like this.
  9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I really think the Forster deal will not go through. If he is getting 70 grand a week at Southampton, he will not get the same at Celtic.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Southampton are offering 30k and he has 1 year left at 70. We can offer that for longer if we need to.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He won’t really command that wage anywhere now unless he goes to one of the big clubs to sit on the bench. Like a Carson or Heaton.

He’d get half that easy. Plenty money to move to a club you claim you love.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Celtic needs to keep Hjelde, the lad has the goods to soon play in the first 11. Bielsa is a master in identifying young talent and moulding them into excellent players. Give Hjelde a better contract and have him stay.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    His honesty in the press is long overdue at Celtic. I like it.

14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

X
    X Starfelt X X
    Turnbull X McGregor
    Forrest X Furuhashi

We genuinely could be doing with 6 new first team signings. Plus another few squad players.

How the * can it be nearly August and we’re still in such a mess

17. Crilly

Definitely but I hope we go for a keeper and defence first, full backs then cb, someone to partner starfelt then Jullien to come back soon too

18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    And there's no point pretending this is a recent development.

We've known since last season, as far back as January, that we'd need a * load of new first team players before the new season.

Dreadful to think we're one week away from our opening SPL fixture and we're still needing half a team.

Lewis Kerr and seanm like this.
  19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I just finished watching the full game against the Danes on Stan Sport. Had no way to watch the West Ham game.
    What stood out is that the team is in need of more good players and soon. The only players that stood out for me in that game were McGregor, Turnbull, Abada, Soro and Christie. Ralston needs to learn to pass the ball on the deck first time in the attacking third to his inside forwards. Christie is good on the ball but needs to be more composed and not lose it by rushing. More players needed thanks. I thirst to see Celtic playing magnificent football.

seanm likes this.
  20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be very wary of bringing any more players in from that side of the world, especially such a key position.

Too many bad experiences with Tom rogic. Like losing him to a non uefa International calender and coming back jaded from travel or injured.

We'll probably get these issues with furuhashi, don't really want to compound matters considering how thin the squad is in terms of back up.

seanm and Los Palmas 7 like this.