1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Controversial Celtic Opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jul 7, 2021.

Discuss Controversial Celtic Opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Spot on.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    1. Covid wasn't the only reason they won the league, but it can't be denied that it played its part.

2. Agree.

3. Nah, people have valid reasons for not wanting us to be lumped in with them. We're a separate club, not opposite sides of the same coin. Your chippy analogy is stupid.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Brentford isn't south west, it's just west.

martin_d likes this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why do you think it can’t be denied covid played a part? Every team in the world pretty much went through the same situation.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Because it disrupted normality. It affected us negatively, especially with the number of cases we had and disruptions to our squad. While the scum seemingly went through the season with everything just going in their favour. We lost the league for a number of reasons, and Covid is one of the variables.

The pandemic affected everyone, but it didn’t affect everyone in the same way.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If their fans where in they wouldn’t have gotten the runs they did, pressure gets to them

not 1 covid positive that had any contacts mon mate something wasn’t right with all that and Lennon was getting at it also.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Because Gerrard was on his way out the door when the 9 in a row season got stopped early. That finishes, they’re back to square one.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Al Bootyerbaws

The last league game before the shut down the huns were booed off at Ibrokes after Hamilton beat them and they wanted Gerrard chased. Covid definitely played it’s part.

9. Bonobhoy

And i was calling them OLD FIRM for 30 years....They are * Sevco now and ill never let them forget that.

10. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't fully disagree with that reasoning actually, but I think it says more about us sadly. We should have handled it better. How you do that, I don't know... but that's why Lawell was earning £2million a year, to solve these big problems that can come along from nowhere and he obviously failed.

I'm not 100% sure about the first point, you might be right but we'll most likely see that this season for sure. Does it mean our players couldn't motivate themselves without the fans? Or just Lennon was awful as manager and we didn't put any pressure on Rangers?

On the second point, yeah I see where you're coming from but we also got screwed by Lennon/the club not knowing the rules/misunderstanding or whatever version they want to give for the Dubai trip and Jullien being brought along (though I guess you want to bring your squad for team bonding? I don't know). Was there any other cases where others had to miss out through close contacts? I can't remember. There might be something in that but I try not to think of conspiracy theories about everyone against Celtic and so on. Don't think it's the right way to think about things.

Was he really though? I don't think he was trying to leave, think he always at least another season. Yeah their fans weren't happy, but I reckon he'd have got another season regardless.

Same as above, still don't think he'd have left.

Interesting, seems quite clear a majority think it definitely played a part, some more than others.

I guess my controversial opinion is I don't think it played a part at all, that if there was no covid, we'd have still lost the league due to Lennon being an awful manager (I never liked him in his first spell either) and think covid gets used as an excuse too cover up/hide the faults of last season or make it out as not as bad as it was (I know everyone says it was extremely bad).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lack of the board getting in and backing a decent manager is number 1 reason for me. The consequence of that, Lennon, is a distant second for me.

12. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

A fairly controversial opinion, odsonne eduaord nearly seems immune from criticism since his amazing season during the treble treble.

For me, since then, a lot of our attacking play has broken down with eduoard and his finishing has been no where near the standard he previously set himself. If we get anywhere near the fees reported I'll class it as very good business.

13. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

That’s Symantec’s the club ground is west London but their training ground is in south Hounslow that’s south west, he’ll never live in Brentford it will be more like Egham or Virginia water as it’s easier access by road so South West London

I live there myself

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They definitely got the wrong manager without a doubt and how they did it as well. I think they backed him reasonably well though, Lennon spent a lot of money and kept key players that would have normally been sold (Ajer and Edouard).

15. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We should ditch the green and white hoops for pink polkadots.

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Their training ground is in Osterley, that's West London, if it is north of the river then it isn't South West.
    Also you said living in South West London, Egham and Virginia Water aren't even in London.

17. IronBhoy

Hello everyone,

Wanted to share my view and background for this first post.

I’m an Essex living West Ham season ticket holder 20+ years and a life long Celtic fan. Used to make it to Fulham as Celtic had a few pre season games there in the 2000’s just to see the boys. Have been to the last few cup finals we won and most recently was at the 4-0 win away at Motherwell just before the first lockdown hit. Was planning on my first trip to paradise but since covid hit that hasn’t been possible. When today’s fixture was announced I was so happy. To see my two teams and a first trip to paradise, it was like the stars had aligned. Flights and hotel ready to be booked with my old man until last minute he says because of covid and his age he doesn’t fancy going at puts a stop to it. Gutted. Will be watching today from afar, don’t care about the result, just to see these two teams on the pitch together has made my day.

There are so many similarities between the two right now as well. But for me only two of them are good. At least we both have European football and from where the two clubs are now I can only see a better future for them but that will take time.

Both clubs have a problem that starts at the top and although Celtic have had a slight change recently it isn’t enough. West Ham need rid of gsb, they are rotten.

Moyes has done a decent job, but will never be more than that. In time a better manager is needed. Celtic’s new man gives me nothing, no hope of a fight for the title, he leaves me numb just a manager I can’t get behind to make a difference.

West Ham’s squad is weak right now especially with no proper forward in the ranks and going into Europe it needs reinforcement, the window isn’t shut yet so I’ll reserve judgment till then. As for Celtic's squad what has happened. We always used to have something whether it was a solid defence, strong midfield or strikers who would be on the score sheet week in week out. I don’t see any of that now. The recruitment and identifying players lately has been poor from both clubs. There’s no spark or leader I can get behind. The bigger players will always leave both clubs, your rices and Edouards, but they aren’t being replaced by a future rice and Edouards.

The fans. The shining lights. We’re singing when we’re wining we’re moaning when we ain’t, but we’re always there. We just want to see these teams put up a fight week in week out the colours are different but the dream is the same.

like I said at the beginning I’m gutted I’m not there today but I will make my way to paradise soon. The rest of my rant is really irrelevant because these two clubs will be with me today, tomorrow and forever.

Attached Files:

Slaw, Marie, reillers88 and 3 others like this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56::56::56:

Cool story bro

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace