1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Midtjylland Tuesday 20th July 7:45 Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 17, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v FC Midtjylland Tuesday 20th July 7:45 Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    What a load of negative utter pish and drivel

2. Henke102

Ange done well setting up a team with a threadbare makeshift defence. That is squarely done to lawwell who has been acting DOF, and has been sitting back and not replacing players in vital positions and been lazy in recruitment.

played decent considering the squad but we really need to get the chequebook out fast. Staffing wise we must have a significant budget to play with now, given Brown (maybe eddy) and the loan players away freeing up wages.

3. celtic warrior

Mentioned it post match, but I'm seriously feeling confident under Ange now.

I see no reason we can't win the league this season, this team is still a massive work in progress but already you can see the difference in style and energy levels, there is intent now, constantly looking forward.

Soro is key to that as well. He may not look it but he seemed so comfortable on the ball last night, when you thought he looked a bit rushed and panicked, he could find his own space drive forward and get forward pass away, jesus is that a world away from Brown. Soro was pure magic last night.

Welsh looked like a magician, just popped up everywhere and clearly has a turn of pace on him as that recovery he had to make for Taylor being wildly out of position in the first was lovely to see, so far appears to read the game well, was rash for the fk leading to the goal but ffs, that was still a really * soft free kick to be giving, especially as thst ref seemed happy to play on for worse.

Big Murray, looked bright, a bit slack in his passing at times but come on, he's young, first real senior competitive appearance in a already make or break game for some at Celtic.

Taylor and Ralston, meh, bang average spfl fodder, not celtic level.

Bitton, *.

Barkas, wanted him to do well, get a new lease of life under Ange, but clearly he's got a serious medical case of limp gimp wrist.

McGregor and Turnbull looked good, can't wait to see Turnbull release passes more for wingers like Abada, Forrest, play balls for McGregor to run onto and lets not forget the incoming Kyogo as well

Abada getting his debut goal must of felt incredible, if I was him though I'd be looking at Bitton and * clattering the * for ruining my debut.

Eddie played the way Eddie does, if the chances he had were later in the season he scores without a doubt, Eddie isn't a ball buster, he never has been, he's always been a more casual type of player who looks like they aren't putting the effort in, he doesn't rattle off shots and blasts any chance he gets at goal (looking at you Christie), and he's always overplayed in yhe box trying to break through 4 or 5 players that's not new so really just don't get the hate for him just because he's likely to be leaving.

Christie, looked more like his old self, full of energy and drive running forward trying to get past a player but is just worse than commons at pelting shots and is fsr to greedy, surprised not to see Forrest come on as when they also went to 10 we could have done with more natural width.

Just goes to show, if we had the likes of a hinkle, frimpong, Lustig, KT or even an izzy at fullback we would have looked scary last night.

If we can get the signings right in the fullbacks we are looking serious under Ange.

There is nothing but positives for me after watching us last night

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Good post. The only thing I disagree with is that Christie was entitled to hit the one he skied. Thought he was back to his brilliant best last night with a fantastic battling attitude. Hope he stays that way.

5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There were some positives from last night. I thought Welsh played well and was unlucky at the free kick as he won the ball, but if he learns from it that in Europe you can't make challenges like that any more I'm not too worried about him, he was our best defender by a distance. Murray also looked decent when he came on.

Abada showed glimpses of what he will bring and it looks promising, I can see a front 3 of him, Forrest and Kyogo being interesting as they could all swap positions constantly and drag defences all over the place. I'd guess Forrest will start a lot on the left to cut in as that seems to be what Ange wants to see.

McGregor is looking more like himself and is linking well with Soro. Turnbull is a good player, I'm just not sure he has the speed to play in the system we are adopting, we'll need to wait and see on that one. I'll even give Christie pass marks last night. At least he, unlike Eddy, was playing to get his move.

And speaking of Eddy, the not so positives. He doesn't want to be here, and it really shows in his performances. He had to score when through one on one with the keeper when we were still 1-0 up, I think that would have broken them. Instead he half heartedly passed it to their keeper. Ah, keepers, that brings me on to Barkas. It's going to be anervous watch next week. If I were the Midjtylland manager I'd be telling them to shoot at any glimpse of goal as he looks scared witless. And so am I watching him. Other issues were the 2 fullbacks. Ralston isn't even good enough as cover, never mind being first choice, and Taylor is another that doesn't look like he can play the way Ange wants. So 3 full backs are needed pronto. And finally Bitton... * muppet.

So, next week could go either way, with them being slight favourites being at home, but hopefully we can do it. And with some quality additions to the team I can see us being a good team to watch this season. The question is will we get those additions in while it still matters?

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Is it still a rule not to declare another member is undercover?

This one is.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thought we looked a right good team and they had nothing about them at all. Sometimes you get those games where you hit everything but the back of the net.

Even when passing at the back, its no more than 2 or 3, fast passes before were atleast trying to move forward. The pace of those passes allows forward runs. Imagine getting good fullbacks in. Oft.

Hes managed to make us look this good with the * at his disposal and in about a month. Got to say, maybe those nutters from down under have a point.

Trying not to get ahead of myself but it could be a 5th treble in 6 years.

NomDePlum and Mickmac like this.
  8. Foley1888

One of the things Turnbull does give you in midfield is the ability on the ball to remain calm when pressed and move out of that press, as well as his ability on the ball to then play through the lines. That for me is invaluable particularly in Europe, as too often we have had guys in there who struggle with close control under pressure.

I agree his fitness levels and physicality, particularly pace do need to improve but I think Ange could prove a very good manager at being able to bring on these weaknesses in Turnbull’s game. The fact he is so gifted technically and has such good awareness are things harder to teach than improving yourself physically, especially at the young age he is.

A good example was the transformation of Armstrong physically in the recent past, however Turnbull is far superior technically for me so if his physical aspects improve he will be some player.

9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I agree, and I'll be disappointed if it turns out he doesn't fit in now, but I thought it was telling that Ange praised the work rate and running of Mcgregor, Soro and Christie after the match. I think that is what he is looking for in his players.

10. Mr Cleansheets

A key part of Ange's track record is getting the very best out of all players (at least those who buy in).

Some players (like Christie last night, perhaps) will seem like completely new signings after some Ange coaching.

11. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Much better performance than expected but gutted with the result hopefully we can get through next week. Hopefull under ange now we looked a changed team and with a few signings could be looking good.

barkas - we all now how * he is we have to get a keeper in. Managed to let one in without them even having a shot all game.
    Taylor - he can be a back up in the spl but clearly not Celtic standard
    Welsh - really promising he’s hardly put a foot wrong in a game he’s played and wasn’t even a free he gave away that the goal cam from.
    Murray - played very well hopefully develops some more.
    Bitton - get to f*ck no excuse for that. I actually can’t remember a player ever doing something so stupid when they are already on a yellow.
    Ralston - not Celtic standard but did ok last night in fairness to him.
    Soro - he is key for us and like a wee kante.
    Christie - was man of the match in my opinion back to himself, hopefully keeps it up
    Abada - looked very good put in a few class crosses and got the goal.
    Edouard - looking forward to him just leaving now. Such a * finish that should’ve had us 2-0 up. Hopefully the Japanese boy can be a focal point for us cause ajeti is honestly woeful too.

OziBeerMan and charlietully like this.
  12. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that game shows we're better than we thought we were and that team are there to be beaten. Before Bitton got sent off I was thinking we could win that game 3 or 4 nil. The sending off upset our rhythm and we never got it back even when they went down to 10. We created quite a few good scoring chances and should have scored more. They created no good chances and we gifted them a goal. Luckily, apart from the goal, Barkas didn't have a save to make which is good as he wouldn't have saved it.
    The return leg is no harder than an away game against Aberdeen or maybe even Motherwell. We will only have ourselves to blame if we don't progress

13. Foley1888

All for that for sure, on Christie I felt he was far more effective last night before the Bitton red card as he looked comfortable on his left side. On the right for me he can only come in and we lost our threat there (barring one run when Abada went off).

Christie’s biggest difference overall last night was his application was like him of old where he played for the team predominantly compared to himself mostly last year.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll be very surprised if Christie’s here at the end of August. The spotlight is on after not featuring in the Euros, the qualifiers are his chance to impress.

15. GavCFC1

Still don’t really know how I’m feeling about that. Only negative really is the result and the daft individual mistakes. It’s not the worst result but I don’t expect them to be as poor as they were last night. Probably a result both would take maybe slightly favours them. Going to be a long week before the second leg

16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye that late flag is going to cause more issues throughout the season flag it up as soon as possible,

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    3 posts suspect as * don’t know what game you were watching but it was a good Celtic performance only players let us down we’re bitton and the goalie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Mr Cleansheets

Don't know why anyone bothers to respond to an obvious troll...

Let the * wither on his own neglected vine.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Actually think we will progress.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I was there last night. Was so happy to be back. Excellent atmosphere and really enjoyed myself. My first thought is, if we back the manager, we win this title. When I say back, we need to heavily invest in 4 or 5 players. We absolutely need a right back, centre back(not including Starfelt) and left back. We absolutely need a striker. That's 4 positions where we need to invest decent money in and I honestly think we can have a successful season. We also need to get a new goalkeeper in but I don't think we need to heavily invest in one. There are plenty of goalkeepers out there who would do a good job that you could get for peanuts. Bain is mince but we paid * all for him. We need to find a goalkeeper and we need to do it fast. We also need another right back but I don't think we need to heavily invest in another one. Would be happy to see a main first choice come in and another right back come in, younger with some scope to develop for a small fee.

All in all, we can still progress. With 11 players on the pitch and the way we dominated the ball, we will be a week fitter. I mean, we had to play an hour with 10 men. That's not including Biton going off for 10 * minutes to get his head fixed. They have absolutely nothing about them. As * controversial as it sounds and I hate to say it, I would play Griffiths in the 2nd leg. He offers more outside the box than Ajeti does and I don't want to play Edouard at all.