1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    He's a superstar in his own head.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Meh.....pathetic

3. seanm

Awful yesterday .he wants away get him out asap.HH

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Best for he is moved on ASAP.
    Actually reckoned he did well when came on last night.

5. Crilly

Would probs still start him ahead of Ajeti on Tuesday or go with two up front and start both

6. jamiebhoy67

I don't get this guy he doesn't to be here however none of the "big" moves are going to materialise? Well it's hardly Celtics fault that the moves he thought he was getting aren't happening surely that's food for thought to make you think I'm gonna knuckle down and show my qualities to get the move I want?

Can't be the only one thinking this haha otherwise the alternative is he mops about for a season before leaving on a free. He needs to get his head sorted because I cannot stomach seeing him half * it again. Look at his pal ntcham we couldn't give him away at the end there same with Christie big baws thinks he's a world beater but the club's after him are pish. It's unreal the attitudes of these boys

7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Daily Rag quoting Brighton in its half 10 a nonsense

8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Looks like they have picked it up from this

Brighton are set to put some of their pending £50million windfall into a move for Celtic star Odsonne Edouard. The Seagulls have already registered their interest in the talented French striker.

The English Premier League side is set to pocket £50m upfront from England star Ben White’s pending move to Arsenal.

They are now keen to see if a deal can be done for Edouard, who is in the final year of his contract.

Brighton boss Graham Potter is prepared to make an offer but won’t be held to ransom.

Leicester City were interested earlier in the window but there was a massive gulf between their valuation and Celtic’s
    Brendan Rodgers ended up pulling the plug and signing Patson Daka from Red Bull Salzburg instead.

Leicester were ready to pay around £13million with another £5million in add ons but that wasn’t enough.

So Brighton will know that they will have to start the bidding beyond that.

The 23-year-old is now in the final year of his Celtic contract and is prepared to sit and leave on a free next summer if he doesn’t get the deal he wants this summer.

The Hoops have also shown that they won’t be bullied and sell players on the cheap.

They showed that with Edouard and Kristoffer Ajer.
    They knocked back multiple bids from Norwich City, Bayer Leverkusen and Brentford for Norwegian international Ajer.

Brentford, however, have come back in and are set to complete a £13.5million swoop this week.

Another major factor for Celtic could be whether or not they can gain entry to the group stages of the Champions League.

They play Midtjylland in their first qualifier tomorrow night.

Ange Postecoglou will make his competitive bow in that game as he tries to rebuild his newly-inherited Celtic squad.

A £4.5million deal to sign for Swedish international defender Carl Starfelt from Rubin Kazan is all but agreed.

The 26-year-old passed a medical in Moscow last week and has also agreed terms on his Celtic contract.
    The Hoops are now looking to finalise his work permit, then his contract and then his travel arrangement and self-isolation when he arrives in the United Kingdom.

Celtic have already agreed a deal to sign Japanese international Kyogo Furuhashi from Vissel Kobe.

The winger has agreed a four year deal but Postecoglou admitted it could be two weeks because of work permit issues and coronavirus rules before he is able to train and join up with the Scottish champions.

Celtic are looking at right-back options with Rennes pair Sacha Boey and Brandon Soppy, although Udinese and Watford have also been linked with the latter.

Celtic have been linked with a renewed bid for Southampton’s Fraser Forster but that looks extremely unlikely - with a new contract offer on the table.
    The former Hoops keeper, was sold to Saints and then had a successful loan spell back, is in the final year of his contract but has been offered an extension.

The ex-England international would need to take a significant cut on his current earnings and as it stands the deal remains unsigned.

Forster has forced his way back into the Southampton team under Ralph Hasenhuttl but is still competing with Alex McCarthy for the No 1 spot.

The St Mary’s outfit could try to cash-in on Forster if he doesn’t sign but it would require a major financial commitment from Celtic over the next four years.

It remains to be seen if they would pay the £2million fee and make him one of their highest earners over the next three or four years.

Even then the other issue is that he would still earn more at Southampton while other suitors could also come to the table.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think the pelters he's getting for his attitude are slightly OTT tbh.

Hes been here 4 seasons now. Far more than I expected him to be and 2 more than Dembele who continually gets hero status with us, despite actually not having that great a second season IMO.

He has no loyalties to celtic, last season was a nightmare and it wasn't just for him. See McGregor, I don't think his attitude was that great at times and he's an academy guy through and through.

Edouard will go but I just don't understand the severe pelters. Frustration, I get. Obviously.

luboagain, Ewang83, KG-Henrik and 2 others like this.
  10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This fella has given us more loyalty - in terms of years in the first team - than nearly all of our other big money sales like Van Dijk, Wanyama, Tierney, Dembele, Armstrong, Hooper, Frimpong etc.

He does deserve a bit more respect, for me.

His body language has always been lassiez-faire like.

The_Bhoy, Crilly, luboagain and 3 others like this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    For sure I would start Edouard on Tuesday. I don't hold out any hope of us making it through to the next round but no question IMHO we are better with Edouard starting on Tuesday even if we do intend to sell him which surely will happen at some point before this transfer window closes.

Crilly likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Personally now im looking forward to seeing the back of him and to seeing who will be the next main striker for us.

a bit of a controversial one but personally i think he is a bit overrated and believe that if he was as good as some of the hype, that he would be gone already.

seanm likes this.
  13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If I'm reading this correctly Starfelt requires a work permit. How come?

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A Scottish journalist for the record has wrote that story for down south…

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Because he isn't British? I figured that's the way it would be these days.

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Noticed that myself , never heard it being applied/reported in the past with us concerning Scandinavian players. Not sure if it’s to do with him playing his football in Russia sure someone will know the full ins & outs around the work permit situation but my take is the fact he plays his football in Russia could be wrong though

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Probably that and Brexit makes it harder for is to get this stuff approved.

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    * take can’t recall this being an issue in the past around Scandinavian players who have been on our books

19. saltire78

If he is available and willing I'd DEFINITELY have him in, and be happy to have him. This is exactly the kind of game he shines for his abilities to be clinical and provide a threat that forces defenders to be committed to mark him.

That said, if there's any real chance of a transfer out then there's no hope he plays - they'd never risk the £20Mish in his last year when there's no chance of renewing

MickeyyMack and seanm like this.
  20. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He needs work permit because he is not British. Any player who is not British now needs a work permit because of brexit.

Fortunately, it’s much easier to get a permit for Scotland than England but I’m not sure what he actually needs to get one. Hopefully shouldn’t be an issue.

MickeyyMack likes this.