1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

I struggle to see what people like about him

Pace? No
    Dribbling ability? No
    Movement? No
    Playmaking? No
    Link up play? Not really

He's a poacher with a bit of strength and not much more from what I can see. You need far more about you in the modern game.

Ajeti so far has been like a really really * version of Gary Hooper.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Agree with this. You're correct he might be an accomplished poacher but he needs to do a * of a lot more than just waiting for the ball to drop at his feet in the box.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Looking like he’ll end up third choice at best. Hope I’m wrong, but at the moment, he just seems to have a Kris Boyd-esque style of play.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Put Gary Hooper in our side for the last 12 months - our worst in decades - and he'd look like a haddy as well.

He was reliant on Maloney, Paddy, Ki, Izzy, Lustig, Commons, Stokes laying stuff on to be successful.

Ajeti has nothing. Literally nothing out on that pitch.

2 hoaching full backs that can't beat their man to put balls in the box, 2 young wingers who might turn into decent players but are miles of it at the moment and a midfield still trying to gel together.

Ajeti is reliant on service,.the time to judge him will be when he gets a reasonable amount of it over a run of games.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think some people were getting a wee bit carried away because he had lost a bit of weight and scored against a very poor Sheffield Wednesday team. We saw the same Ajeti performance today that we did all last season. Even a disinterested Eddy looked more like scoring

The Prof likes this.
  6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolute dross.

* all there

Mr Hoopy likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

Thought this guy just needed a decent run at it. Injury free and a manger that believed in him and he would take off but the more I see of him the more I'm thinking he might just be bang average.

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not going to cut it, is he? Just looks nothing like a striker.

Mr Hoopy and seanm like this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate I know your a big Ajeti fan but comparing him to Hooper is ridiculous.

Hooper is several levels above him.

Mr Hoopy likes this.
  10. Mr Hoopy

Agreed. Hooper was twice the player Ajeti is - fast, strong, mobile and always looking for the ball. Ajeti is on a par with Viduka in terms of laziness for me...

seanm likes this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s not even about him being lazy.

He just offers literally nothing outside of the penalty box. And even then he needs the ball to fall to him, he can’t even make a yard for himself when people are tight on him.

12. Mr Hoopy

If he can't be arsed to make a run or go looking for the ball then in my eyes that is a lazy player - we need more from our strikers - effort being one, a willingness to come short or go long and to score 20+goals per season.

We need a lot more from him...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Dan Breen likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For sure, and we need the ball to stick.

Mr Hoopy likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I just don’t think he is the answer and we are in trouble this season if he is leading the line.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes not. We just bought a we Japanese star. However he certainly is good enough to partner someone and infact would probably work alot better up top with help

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I wouldn't say big Ajeti fan, I just think it's unfair to pass judgement on a striker whose whole game is reliant on service....before we've actually put a proper team around about him.

People expecting him to be another Eddie/Dembele type taking the ball with his back to goal and creating things on his own are setting themselves up for a fall.

If Ajeti was our focal point when we had Tierney + Sinclair on the left and Lustig + Forrest/Paddy on the right, I'm convinced he'd be banging them in for us.

That's the level we should be aspiring to be close to but on yesterday's Taylor + Montgomery and Ralston + Moffat we're miles off it. That's a Hamilton-esque level.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  17. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    The only comparison to Hooper would be the looks.

18. jamiebhoy67

Imo that's even more reason for him to be demanding the ball and dictating where he wants it played and what position he's taking up whenever he wants it. I refuse to believe as a professional football player that can't run a bit more or drop in a bit more because his game is poaching. Even when he dropped deep at one point in the second half he attempt a chest and pass to McGregor but couldn't execute that correctly was just a cheap way to lose the ball with no fire then he went up top done a drag under and got the better of one defender and should have drawn a foul so he can do it but it seems like he's not fussed about giving that extra effort. For me he gives me the fear big time

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It doesn't matter where he dictates the ball to be, he probably knows more than we do about Taylor and Ralston's deficiencies.

I don't want him dropping deep, he'll do no damage for us there. I just want us to bring in 5-6 first team players that can put in crosses to be attacked.

I think we put in 1 decent cross in the whole 90 mins yesterday and it was when Ajeti was off the park....Eddie couldn't even be bothered throwing himself at it.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There’s a world of difference in the ability of Dembele/Edouard and Ajeti.

And I don’t think anyone is expecting him to be as good as them. People are just expecting him to have some of the basics for a Celtic striker. He offers nothing.

Griffiths has more to his allround game than Ajeti which is worrying.

Blaming every other player for Ajeti being pish is clutching. It’s not like he’s making stuff happen and it’s falling apart with the other players.

Ajeti isn’t good enough for the level we aspire to be at so if we had a team we should have he wouldn’t be here. He’s been as bad as the rest.

Lewis Kerr likes this.