1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Starting to worry about our final 3rd, there’s nothing there, we seem to want to walk it into the net. Well aware it’s preseason but that was * poor. Taylor, Bolingoli and Ralson can * bolt, waste of time and effort.

Greenghirl9 likes this.
  2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ralston, Taylor, Bolingoli, Henderson and Bain are nowhere near good enough and should be punted as soon as.

Osaze, Welsh etc aren't ready yet and should be loaned out or used as back up.

I actually think when he gets the team he wants, we will come good under Ange, but this current team are utterly rank.

Greenghirl9 likes this.
  3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Come on Eddie , if you want your move then at least put in a performance, that was woeful.

4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We dont have many other options but a bunch of green youngsters.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* help us for this qualifier

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    That was painful tae watch.

7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah he needs more experience but that only comes through games, the potential is certainly there though, would like to see him with a more established partner like Jullien to guide him, buzzing for him
    To get back fit

Greenghirl9 likes this.
  8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why not? What is the alternative? Best RB we have. Not his fault Celtic haven't invested.

Haven't seen anyone else getting in the frame.

9. Benzene Gold Member Gold Member

Lots of depressing pessimistic people in this thread but I truly believe we are 3 or 4 quality signings away from finishing in the top 6

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Or you can stick around and beat your meat!

11. dmac

A very disjointed performance from the team it will need a big improvement to get past Mityland

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Meh game overall, friendly though and more often than not, this is not about the result.

Slightly worrying that we are now on to the CL game and we are wholesale changing the team during these matches, I am not convinced he knows what his starting 11 is, although in large that is because his starting 11 isn't here yet.

Overall we can certainly see what we are trying to do, faster tempo and winning the ball back etc.

That backline, in many disguises is gonna concede so much if we do not get it sorted. Starfelt is just the start of a much needed improvement. About 5 players short of that backline being remotely sensible.
    Boli and Ralston are just not Celtic class, at all. Need 3 new FB for sure, Taylor being the only one who can remain and in large that is down to his efforts and the fact I am trying to be realistic that we aren't going to see 4 new FBs.
    Hjelde, Welsh both look good, but we need a settled pair before them - Julien and Starfelt may be that, but I would want also a 3rd choice with those two.

Midfield is looking fair.

Front line, defo can see we need Abada to hit the ground running, along with Kyogo.

13. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Abate just getting started, Furuhashi to come and Rogic looking good (but * knows how long he'll stay fit for). I think we'll get better but we need a better striker than Ajeti (unless the plan is to play Furuhashi there). He's miles off it.

14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

* criminal what he have become.

I don't blame Postecoglou by any manner of means, the buck stops abruptly at our * board when this is the players a new manager has at his disposal days before a CL qualifier.

The Phoenix likes this.
  15. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Not good at all. Ange is clearly still trying to work out who he can have in his starting 11, he should have been looking at selecting the starting 11 for Tuesday night in at least the first half tonight. On that showing Eddy, Rogic need to start on Tuesday.

16. StevieBhoooy!

Kinell…. Some situation when playing the likes of Midtjylland in 3/4 days time fills you with dread…

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Why lee O'Connor hasnt been given a shot over Ralston I don't get. Night and day between the two. Surely Ralston can't be that good in training

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

King Kwon likes this.
  18. joemc

Wot that told me was , absolutely no pressing on preston , dont think that was wot the manager was looking for ,they look like they are being told to plu it out from the back , and are doing this , but while we are transitional there could be many problems doing this , not sure wot to think of this lacking energy i felt .

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    After the season we've had it's really painful to still be watching players like Ralston, Taylor, Bain, Bolingoli.

This needs to change or we're winning * all.

Garrymac1888 and Crilly like this.
  20. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Too many inexperienced players that looked out of their depth there. Rogic and Abada looking good when they came on, O’Connor put in some nice balls too and used the ball well… fairly * half of football though, Bain gives me 0 confidence