1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

EURO 2020

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Valhalla, May 24, 2021.

Discuss EURO 2020 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sorry i got mixed up. It was Euro 2008 and World Cup 94 they failed to qualify.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/fath...alish-in-light-of-striking-resemblance-215975

[​IMG]
    NEWS
    Father Ted actor forced to deny being father to England's Jack Grealish in light of striking resemblance
    [​IMG]

IRISH comedian Joe Rooney insists he isn't the father of England midfielder Jack Grealish, in spite of the uncanny resemblance.

The Father Ted actor, who played Fr Damo, says he's been sent loopy by the number of messages he's received from football fans since the start of Euro 2020, comparing him to the Aston Villa star.

Speaking to the Irish Sun, Rooney said: "I was getting constant messages about Grealish looking like my son during the Euros.

"I guess I don't mind because he's a good looking fella. I don't have that sort of hair anymore but Father Damo was big into his hair."

The 57-year-old went to brand Grealish "an awful b****cks" for choosing to represent England over Ireland.

Grealish represented Ireland at youth level before switching allegiances in 2015.

While born and raised in Birmingham, the 25-year-old has family roots in Ireland. His mother's family are from Dublin, while his father has links to Counties Galway and Kerry.

In the town of Sneem, Co. Kerry, locals gathered in droves to support Grealish during the final of Euro 2020 on Sunday, given that the Premier League star's grandmother still lives there.

[​IMG]Father and son?
    Grealish's controversial decision to represent England looked for a while like it wouldn't pay off.

He didn't get called up to the senior squad until 2020, five years after switching allegiances.

s.

3. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I honestly think he's one of the worst defenders on the planet. Absolute hyped-up donkey from a hyped-up league.

4. AussieGreek

Comedian Andrew Lawrence tweeted racist ‘jokes’ about England’s penalties – and now his shows are being cancelled

Lawrence responded by writing on Twitter: “All I’m saying is, the white guys scored”

Then, rather than apologise following a swift backlash to his comments, Lawrence wrote in a separate post: “I can see that this has offended a lot of people, and I’m sorry that black guys are bad at penalties.”

Referring to Rashford and his free school meals’ campaign, he then added: “I’d rather he practiced his penalties, and the kids had gone hungry.”

He topped it all off with: “Equality, diversity, s*** penalties.”

[​IMG]
    https://www.indy100.com/news/andrew-lawrence-comedian-twitter-racist-cancelled-b1882620

----

unsurprising his agent and all the venues he was supposed to perform at have disassociated from him.

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    So racists banned from football games, but he assures his friends that is only association football and not rugby.

6. AussieGreek

My old man just sent this to me.

[​IMG]