1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Question] Laptop help

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by trackebhoy, Jun 26, 2021.

Discuss Laptop help in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hi all

Looking for help to find a new laptop if anybody has any recommendations. I only use it for everyday stuff, emails, banking & browsing the web

Looking for
    Up to £500
    Got to be windows
    Backlit keyboard

The backlit keyboard seems very hard to find as most don't confirm this in the specifications.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The only thing I know is make sure it has a SSD so add that to your requirements.

Ghost_Jiggle and trackebhoy like this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

"How can I be of assistance, sir?"

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I recommend the Huawei Matebook D15. £500 with free postage, free mouse and speaker with it, and if you enter the coupon code A10MBJULY on your basket they'll knock an extra £50 off.

It's one of the best laptops you can get for that price. I have one and it loads really fast, its a good size, the wifi is great on it, and you can even run games like Fortnite and Rocket League with decent frames on low settings.

Edit: Just realised that's a different one from what I have. I have the one with the Ryzen 3500 processor. I'm sure that one is about the same though. And yes, it has a backlit keyboard.

trackebhoy likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Right Mr Johnson,

My laptop has been dropped today (* kids!) still working but an excuse for a new one.

Looking at a kinda cheap gaming one for running VR I believe.

Any recommendations???

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    If it's VR you're looking for then you would need a really powerful laptop that'll likely set you back at least a grand.

If you're just wanting to play VR games I think you'd be best off with an Oculus Quest 2. They'll set you back 300 quid or 4 ton if you want the version with more storage for games.

You need a Facebook account to log in which puts some people off but if you're awrite with that then it's one of the best ways to play VR games with no wires needed and loads of exclusives (so I've heard).

If you need a laptop for other stuff aside from VR then I'm no sure as it would be pretty expensive as I mentioned and I've never really looked into it.