1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Can’t disagree more, he was celebrating tackles and trying to encourage the team on.

He was at times Mr Celtic.

2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I agree with that 100% offensive corners he’s hopeless, but, he still wins headers all over the park.

He definitely should be scoring more though. But everybody has a downfall and I’ve always seen that as his.

PaulM1888 and martin_d like this.
  3. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Would be a loss. Especially given upcoming fixtures, and jullien out also. Plus a player capable of taking the ball out from the back.

we will be weaker without him - there’s no * about regarding that. He’s a starting 11 player, and the general (available) starting group of players at the back is at mid spl level.

Having said that, there’s also no debate that he doesn’t want to be here, so even 10 million when he could * about and sign a pre-contract in January is very good business.

There’s a player there - I just don’t think he’s a centre half OR a defensive mid personally. At a high level anyway. Ive seen farts waft a ball away from set pieces more efficiently.

Also not a kid either.

The issue, of course, remains that a new manager is hamstrung even further before a euro qualifier.

However, as I said even before ange was appointed, I don’t believe the hierarchy even think the league is on this season. It’s a restructure job.

Take the money, frankly it’s more than he’s worth from what I’ve seen for some time - bar the odd moment - and move on,

I just await the “oh we’ve thrown away champions league football because of this” chat.

We haven’t - that’s been done over years, because we don’t have the money or scouting capability to currently compete. The odd side on * budgets get there to the group stages, but it’s luck of the draw and playing out of their skin.

Rangers are the same, as an aside. Found out soon enough. At which point then of course comes the inevitable “gerrard doesn’t have it” * too.

Europa quality sides, we will be back next season, in interim they will do ok….nothing spectacular….over reached financially anyway, and in a year it will be a genuine 2 horse race.

Standard swings and roundabouts. Very little point stressing about it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    MAP likes this.
  4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think people forget that he was a converted centre back, I would have loved to have seen him in midfield with us but alas, we never bothered to sign anyone else with Julien or Boyata

martin_d likes this.
  5. superceltic67

He is 100% holding midfielder that can tackle & bring ball forward. Wasted at CB for us but we had no other CBs .... Good luck

6. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Zero chance of him playing midfield in the prem. He has the dexterity of a giraffe

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    My point is those performances didn’t kick in until the Milan game he’s guilty of letting side down because he wanted to leave at start of that season once the windows shut he’s ovb went well I here for another year might aswell try certainly a better attitude than the others who were fed up still no excuse for * performance against fercvaros though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The one thing about him that I hated. Not just him but seen quite a few others do it in recent times. Cringey as * and a bit too WWE "look at me" shaking the ropes kind of nonsense. Be celebrating getting * shys next.

It's a very minimal rant that one as its insignificant to all the good stuff he done and I will miss the big fella.

9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I always said the same, he should have been tried back in the deep lying mid position for us. People always say he isn’t a good enough passer but in the right system he doesn’t need to be, and he’d excel there IMO, driving from deep and playing it short to more suited players.

Mince.Charming and martin_d like this.
  10. Gurru 991

You are digging deep if that is your only * about him. I love to see a player who is pumped up !!

martin_d likes this.
  11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Did he ever connect with a corner and plant a bullet header in the net?

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The reason we bought him and he was so highly rated was because he was centre mid at 16 in the Norwegian top flight..

I've no doubt he could've played there for a run to at least see. Was hardly some alien position that some have made it out to be..

I don't think he scored a single header for us?

Dan Breen, Mince.Charming and Doogs. like this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He defo could have under Rodgers. Under Lenny he’d have been a man down playing whatever role Broony was meant to have been back there.

A proper manager could have defo made it work.

Pretty sure he scored 1 header before as well, no got a clue when though.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye under the rat he would've been good there. He showed at right back that he has the footwork to manoeuvre out of danger and the pace and ball carrying to beat men under pressure from centre half. Plus the strength..

Be a good quiz question that if he did :giggle1: I honestly only remember him fluffing headers from close range..

15. Gurru 991

Just a thought but do you think he was ever coached as to where to be on a corner kick. It's a real skill knowing where to start a run for a corner.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Going be Lennon's comment's last year, it definitely wasn't under him :fear:

17. bhoy81

Never saw that myself, though he done as much as he could with Lennon in charge.

He has come out and said promise was made for this season so I can’t see him downing tools like you are saying last season.

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

The role McGregor sometimes played under the rat, that deep lying sort of half back position would have suited him defo.

Aye * knows mate but defo remember one single header he scored for some reason :giggle1: could be pished and chattin * mind you.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. bhoy81

Thing is he one of the very few that showed real commitment, I have no issues with someone who is passionate like him when you have * bags who can’t crack a smile.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Rated himself more than I ever did. Good luck to him.