1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AussieGreek

he was there for 8-9 months and was in the top 3 and in a good position to get the club promoted to the second division. He walked out because of broken promises and interference from the board into the team. Best thing that happened was leaving and getting a gig in Australia. Greek football is a * joke. I “support” Panathinaikos but I’m more excited for the club with an extra leaf on the clover!

Crilly and James like this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

* help you Ange cos the club certainly aren’t

3. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Did ye, aye??

4. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Wait, you understood that?!

5. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    We are falling apart at the seams there are serious problems with how this club is run.
    Would not surprise me if our new manager tells the board to stuff it I don’t need this *. BYE

HenriksRightBoot likes this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    What’s the latest then? Nobody signed and likely to get pumped next week? Anything new?

7. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's in the cards, definitely.

On top of that, a DoF position that's not going to happen. The board are hellbent on doing things their way. If things don't turn around quickly for the better, major disaster is awaiting.

Do they do it out of spite? The mismanagement is on an industrial scale.

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He'll not see Christmas at Celtic if that's his reasons for leaving Greece.

And I'm not being silly, legit you guys have no idea what this board is like.
    He won't get to sign his own players, nor get a say in who stays.
    There will be suggestions to play some folk and not others, depending on what the board deem is an asset or not.
    Bobo balde was instructed to train with kids to force him out the club, by the board.
    Rodgers had promises broken to him big time, as did Lennon in his first stint.

Honestly, if Ange is the type of guy who you all paint him as, he won't stick around much at all.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

AdamRS, SuperZidane, The Prof and 3 others like this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup, crazy *!

Actually warming to a good few of them now though :56:

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Stockholm syndrome?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Possibly, .....their incessant hero worship has broken my spirit, and I do generally like Aussies.

The good guys and the * clowns will soon sort themselves out all the same.

Peej likes this.
  12. AussieGreek

Spot on - if Tony Popovic, Graham Arnold or Kevin Muscat went to a massive club, I would watch with interest but nothing more really.

Ange is the exception where we are all willing to put our chips on the table for him to represent Australian managers at the highest level.

But the fact that he's at Celtic is a whole different level of excitedness. * keen! Bring on the Danes!

Zanderama, OziBeerMan and VT8 like this.
  13. Gurru 991

[QUOTE="

That’s why I didn’t slaughter Rodgers for leaving us when he did. Yes it hurt massively, but he felt like he wasn’t being backed, so he jumped ship without a second thought, because he felt no loyalty to the board in my opinion
    .[/QUOTE]
    One of the most intelligent posts I've read on TalkCeltic

Crilly and murphy88 like this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ffs help the man and sign some players. :31::31:

SuperZidane and Gurru 991 like this.
  15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Don't be daft. They'll be waiting to see if we, by some miracle, get past Midtjylland and have guaranteed cash incoming from europe before we splash any cash. Because spending now, then possibly not getting through, would make bad business sense. Think of the wasted wages, not to mention we might accidentally buy too high a calibre of player for mere domestic league and cup games if we don't wait to find out!

Slaw likes this.
  16. SuperZidane

I'm not as exuberant about Ange as some of the actual Aussies on here. However, living in Aus and having seen a lot of him as an A-League/National Team manager, I certainly don't buy this "yes man" crap for a second.

I'm honestly concerned that he has been lied to by our board and is beginning to realize how untrustworthy they truly are.

This may be his big chance in Europe but I don't think he'll just let the board take advantage of him just because of that.

If he is not backed and we go back to our usual 3 loan signings on transfer deadline day policy - I do think he won't stick around.

I think it would be better to do it sooner rather than later as the longer he stays - the more blame will be placed on him.

If he walks away after 2/3 months having clearly not been backed by the board - I don't think it'll blacken his reputation - it'll just make us an even more unattractive proposition for any manager (particularly a good one).

I hope I'm wrong but the behaviour of the club on both ingoing and outgoing transfers over the past month has been pitiful.

The big Viduka and Peej like this.
  17. BigDoggyWoofWoof

He's not going to change the way the board want to work overnight and he's not going to walk away in the first few months because of it.

The likelihood is that he was well informed as to how the club work behind the scenes, both through his own research and his negotiations with the club. It's a big opportunity for him to get his foot in the door at a good sized European club, steady the ship, and build his reputation on the back of it.

His job in the meantime is to squeeze the most out of the squad they give him. He's shown himself to be good at working with limited resources and he's probably savvy enough to work out that's why he's been hired. Him demanding or receiving the keys to the biscuit tin is not a likely prospect in the near future.

The big Viduka, AussieGreek and Lebo like this.
  18. SuperZidane

So far, we have brought in a couple of inexpensive young players from Sheff Wed (although Shaw looks good) and a youth player from Watford. We have pretty much had to give Ralston a year as we are short of players. We have given Griffiths 1 more year and then (hopefully) ripped that up.

We are persevering with Kennedy and Strachan which I believe is a mistake.

We have 3 experienced players who don't want to be here. If they stay, we will have 3 unhappy players and 2 of them (Christie and Ajer) will either be sold for peanuts at Christmas or sign pre-contracts with other teams.

Rangers are nothing to write home about but they have strengthened and we have not. I think Ange could be a great choice as manager but he's not a miracle worker.

I'm not expecting anything much from us this season but, if we don't strengthen with at least 3 decent experienced signings, we'll be nowhere this season.

Assuming fans are allowed back in the stadium, I'm sure the fans will make sure their voice is heard.

The big Viduka likes this.
  19. MAP

He'll be gone by September after being unbeaten in the league (and having handed Rangers a 3-0 drubbing on the 29th August) and having beaten Midget-land. Take that Board! Ha!

Posters can then wrestle with the idea that Ange was a hero for standing up to the Board, or otherwise following in the path of Rodgers in terms of abandonment. I can't wait for the next 6 months; it's going to be so exciting!

20. Mike78

I will put my hand up and say from the Scottish blokes I have met, half the time, I have absolutely no idea what they are saying. After they have a few drinks, it is near impossible.