1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    If we really were offered 12m plus add ons we would be daft not to take it unless we want to keep him for some qualifying games and wait for a replacement

2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He probably does - just like Christie who, for some reason, thinks he's some sort of footballing genius who's also too good for this league

McBride 10 in a row likes this.
  3. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cant fathom this, dont want Celtic to plead poverty while they leave money on the table for a player that wants away and has a year left on his contract

4. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

personally, I would like him to sign a new 1-year deal on the promise that he will be sold this summer....

5. Gurru 991

Why would he want to do that ? I'm guessing that the trust factor may have slipped a little.

6. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

same as petrov we made him he is only the player he is due to us

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I hope we don’t get greedy as he deserves his move this summer as he was one of the very few that put in a shift last season .

8. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    And? That's still not a good reason. Apply that logic to a brickie you wouldn't stay an extra year on apprentice wages just out of loyalty or if you would d you're an idiot. I can't fault the guy for wanting away, we have had a food time out of him but he has no reason to stay here longer.

9. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

its not about staying another year its about earning the club money as they helped you get into that position

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ajer and Christie are incomparable.

Ajer has a lot of improvements to make in his game but at 23 he still has time to make them and has all the physical attributes to play at a higher level. He also didn't spit the dummy last season. He seems grounded and aware of his flaws but realises after 5 years in Scotland he fancies testing himself against better opposition and under better coaching.

Christie is 3 years older and has stank out the gaff with his horrendous attitude, pot-shots from everywhere, terrible passing etc. He'll get a move to a lower league EPL team and that will likely be his whack. He's a far better footballer in his head and in his da's head than he is on the park for us.

If both want to go then we shouldn't be standing in their way. We seen the damage done last season, holding onto players that wanted away.

Ajer will be warmly welcomed back to Parkhead in future, Christie though? I doubt it.

11. Gurru 991

But now they are * him around & you want him to help them out.
    He may just say to * with this * & ride his contract out & leave for free.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

he may say that but the right thing to do is ensure the club that has made you gets the full fee they deserve

13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The difference being if Ajer stayed another season and gave 100% we would have a better chance of CL qualification and winning the League. If Christie stayed another season and gave 100% we would still be * and have to listen to his father going on about how fantastic Christiemessi is !!!

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Im all for him running his contract down as long as he is still 100% commited, the tight * board wouldnt spend the fee recieved for him anyway so * them.

oh bhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I totally agree with you re Ajer as he has all the makings of a right good player however, I feel he is definitely not the finished article and would be found out if he moved to the english premiership just now. He should give it another year and see how he feels under the new manager. I also agree that he would be welcomed back to Parkhead as he didn't down tools like a few of our other so called big stars

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    And if the sale does not go through you are on the hook for another year at an employer that you no longer want to be under the employment of. He has done his part in making the club money by becoming the asset he has become it's down to the club to either sell him and make money now or utilise the asset by using it for the time that he's still contracted to the club.

Gurru 991 likes this.
  17. D'Ecosse

How do you know the club is moving the goalposts (on acceptable transfer fee)?
    You don't know what the deals offered entailed in terms of total package (fee plus add-ons plus payment structure), nor do you know what the club has set as a number they will accept. All we have are speculative stories from various media reports about what we would supposedly accept and 'they' decided that number was first £12M, then 15, now 20.
    I don't believe for one instant any of the bidding clubs were told what they need to come back with - it's just some genius hack saying, 'oh 10's not enough but they'll take 12'; or '12's not enough, they are believed (sic) to be holding out for 15' and then when reports say 15 has been offered (has it though?????) that Celtic are holding out for 20.
    There's only one thing that matters here - whatever the number is, Celtic have not received an offer that matches the valuation they believe they can get (at this particular time).
    I want Celtic to maximize what they believe they can get in this market because it only helps fund what we need to do in terms of other acquisitions. I DON'T believe they are not buying a 'replacement' until his transfer is secured - there are 'other' reasons why those being speculated have fallen away. I mean, come on, how can anyone possibly believe we got 90% of the way on Starfeld but then pulled the plug because the Ajer deal was not concluded? Get real people.

18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't know, I'm not claiming to, but from what I've seen and from comments ajer himself made about promises from the club to sell him I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Of course I want us to get the best deal we can for him, but I also don't want us holding onto him when he wants to go, that is not productive to good football. I'd also not want it to get to the end of a window and we still have a * up depleted squad with players that are going to go out of contract.

Do I believe our board will * about on transfers 100% I can site plenty of examples of us doing that in the past, it meant we lost out on McGinn, Toney, the Turnbull saga, contributed to Rodgers leaving all the * * we deal with every year. Since January we have brought in over 18 mil and spent 400k. We know for a fact we need significant signings and we've still done * all. One of the most important games of our season is less than 2 weeks away and we have a depleted squad with gaping holes that have been a problem all of last season.

Yes there will always be rumours that go nowhere that's how the media get their views but * me, celtic have so many more that never go anywhere than just about any other team

19. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Petrov was the player he was, because of his ability. he repayed celtic with his performances and the trophies he helped us win.

If Ajer wants away, and we've got a £12 million plus offer for him, I think we'd be mad not to accept it, but not as mad Ajer would be, to trust this board and sign an extension on the promise of a move next summer!

Ajer has always gave his all when he's played, and would leave with most fans best wishes.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its surprising the amount of people who still dont rate Ajer as a central defender. I can see where they are coming from at times, take the money and re-invest, and for fucksake get on with it.

Mystic Penguin and Wee Baldy like this.