1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "enjoying football again"
    "not played for awhile"

Telling of last season, get the lad playing, he's an entertainer and is exactly the type of player who just wants to be on the park.

Good words again, from Ajeti as well, regarding the manager and wanting to play for him, motivation etc. Good signs indeed.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Seeing him on the park reminded he of his brief appearance at the end of 18/19 season. The drive to win the ball back, little to no fear of challenges. It is criminal how little we used him last season with Forrest out, 5 subs and losing the league with about 7 games to go (although it was really over in January).

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It’s like the players had their soul ripped out last year, many of us fans are looking at the rebuild in terms of playing better, learning new systems or bringing in players. The psychological effects of last year are a bigger thing than I thought, this could be the biggest challenge is breaking that.

5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    He showed good upper body strength in the first half holding off one of their players, something that has been a concern. Hopefully more game time to follow

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For sure, if I pick you up right, there is gonna be a couple of players I don't think will mentally be up to the task. Some will struggle to shift from the lack of professionalism in Lennon to that of actual professionalism and working for your spot that Ange will make them do. Be that regulars who find their nose out of joint or some who just aren't doing enough and can't step it up.

I am fairly confident in Dembele though. The excuse last 18months for him not getting game time was his apparent "attitude", but he is exactly the sort of kid who will more than likely do what you tell him to do, knowing you will keep your word to give him game time if he does. I dare say Lennon massively let the kid down last season in a lot of ways - who would thus blame the "attitude".

Great season ahead for Dembele I think. Need to get him playing regular at the early part, then slap a contract in front of him when he is buzzing with his game time and development. Don't let it get to 6months either way, as other clubs will come sniffing and tempt him.

Mr Cleansheets and Noskeil like this.
  7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We are very short of wingers as it is, he HAS to be given game time in the first team this season. No more * about, he's 19 throw him in, his ability is not in question.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I thought he was out of contract???

9. Paul McAuley

His build is tho. Still looks like a wee boy. Mind we play in a league of hammer throwers.

10. horseshoe

Whatever league they play in shorter guys have to learn to roll bigger players, ride tackles or be clever and draw fouls, you can't wrap them in cotton wool forever. He should have been given minutes last season when we were toiling and had no other wingers available.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  11. david100825

Massive, massive IF but if we can get him and Johnston playing and contributing along side Forrest and a new left sided signing then we'll be in a good place

12. Priest

I think it was confirmed towards the end of last season that he still has a year left on his deal

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Paul McAuley

Ad ID him for chewing gum. He might have bags of talent but you can't make 13 year olds play with men. There's too wee then there's him. He will not make it in any league, especially not ours. Its unfortunate but its true as much as we all want him to reach the potential he undoubtedly has.

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I couldn’t disagree more. This holds us back so much as a country as well.

He’s taller than Jimmy Johnstone was and he played at a time where you literally got the * kicked out of you. He’s also only about an inch shorter than Messi, that really is nothing. And I’m not comparing them ability wise before that gets brought up. He’s also taller than Aaron Lennon whose had a good career and still playing.

Aslong as he can handle getting tackled and is able to bulk up a little bit, he will be Fine. He has more than enough ability.

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's 2 inches taller and weighs basically the same as insigne who will be playing in a euros final tonight. Attitudes like yours are why scotland is basically 20 years behind the rest of Europe in football.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Tommy25, Peej, Westlondonscot and 5 others like this.
  16. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Jinky Johnstone did alright and he was smaller than karamoko is......

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If he pulled out his ID for that chewing gum, I wouldnt believe him and go ask him to get his mum to say its OK he can have it and he will spit it out and not swallow and choke on it....

However height shouldn't be an issue. Heres my experience. I play basketball at national league. Anyway the best player in the league by a country mile is about this boys height. I'm sure your aware basketball is a tall guy sport, and football less so. That convinced me its fine and if he's good enough being built like a primary school kid really doesn't matter.

Infact id argue being small actually helps as a winger. Can dance around guys for fun, big guys cannot get near those nippy we shites. There's a reason messi can nip between everyone, and if he was a foot taller he certainly wouldn't be able to.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  18. Mr Cleansheets

What was Maradona? Five foot five? Even shorter.

Yet head and shoulders the best player in history.

(And one of the biggest tossers...)

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    1.67 meters is Dembele
    Maradona was 1.65
    Insigne is 1.63
    Ryan Fraser is 1.63
    Aaron Lennon is 1.65
    Kante is 1.68
    Joe Allen is 1.68
    Alexis Sanchez is 1.68
    Juan Mata is 1.7
    Messi 1.7
    Xavi was 1.7
    Foden 1.71

Dembele is 18 and still growing, but sure the wee man is *, no amount of skill will cut it in any league.

@Paul McAuley you're talking absolute * mate when it comes to his height. It's a terrible excuse that is destined for the bin.

The_Bhoy and Tommy25 like this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exact sort of attitude that has held Scotland back.

Tommy25 likes this.