1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday planning - Positive vibes

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Gioventu, Mar 14, 2021.

Discuss Holiday planning - Positive vibes in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

Dying to get OS again. We had two OS trips cancelled last year and just cancelled another for early next year. I think Oz will take longer to open its borders than most countries (we've been comparatively unaffected by the virus) so when we do finally get to go we're looking at spending up to 3 months in Europe. Word is we're likely to travel OS again from 2nd half next year.

Part of the plan is to go to the Scottish Cup final in 2023 so Celtic had better * well be there!

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

When you're over for the cup final you can have my gaff for three weeks if your give me yours :50:

bagforlife likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

As long as your gaff isnae in * Govan we might be talking.

Reality is we'd only be in Glasgow a couple of nights. Mrs C loves the Highlands and my family are from Glencoe (100 years ago) so we'll be going back there.

4. themouth1888

We've a near 3 week road trip still booked for America in October. Fairly hopefully I'll get to go but tbh I thought travel would be more open by now so who knows? America seem very strict about letting anyone in.

We start in Vegas and end in Vegas. We've hired a car and have a rough idea of where we want to go but we will drive where we want and book hotels as we go.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Nah mate, it's a quaint little fishing village called Coatbridge.

FATLAZYBHOY likes this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'm hoping to get back to BC in October....
    I think they're opening borders sometime this month.
    My mate is definitely heading for Mexico in January.. .so he says !

7. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Going nowhere this year, so planning to do a foodie tour of Scotland for a week.
    By that I mean, ordering food from the local Chinese, Italian, Indian, Scottish (chippy), Turkish, (kebab) and head back to China for another chow mein.

bagforlife likes this.
  8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My nephew done something similar with beers of the world. Don't know how far he managed to "travel" before he could travel no more

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If things are ok re travelling restrictions then I am going to head over to Killybegs in Donegal to visit my relatives. I need to start practising my consumption of the black stuff just now in preparation.:60:

10. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    * is going on with all these airport queues and flight cancellations? Doesn’t look like much fun.
    Airports, airlines and holiday forms were all moaning like * when they weren’t allowed to operate during the pandemic but don’t seem to be able to cope now that demand is high again.

11. Onefootwonder

One of the travel experts was on the news earlier saying some airlines are trying too hard to recover lost money. They are selling more seats than they can possibly deal with.

If that's true they owe customers a lot more than a voucher for a holiday at a later date.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  12. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

They laid a lot of staff off, most have them have got alternative jobs with decent hours, business picks and the airports want staff back working unsociable hours and a lot of the ex employees are not going back so they have to train new staff and get them security cleared with the disclosure Scotland *, in short the airlines and airports should have started a lot sooner instead of leaving it to the last minute to save money.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  13. Mr Cleansheets

I've started booking * for our big trip next year. Gonna be epic, but Ange will get a toe up the * if Celtic aren't at the Scottish Cup Final.

Coz I will be.

14. StevieBhoooy!

Airlines were amongst the very first businesses to be given government support and furlough fir staff so that they could be retained and be there once things got going again…

They’ve used the financial help given when it suited and still offloaded staff…

… they should be getting fined £10s of millions.

15. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Sidari in Corfu booked with 2 of my mates in August for a week, they had easy Jet vouchers from a cancelled holiday during Covid and their 3rd is now under the thumb! Ive only paid the 200 for the apartment :50:

No been away since 2019 so well needed!

charlietully likes this.
  16. Smithy

Portugal on Friday with my mates for 5 days. Hoping Edinburgh airport will be alright.

17. dmccourt95

Gran Canaria tomorrow for 2 weeks, not overly fussed about security as we have fast track as part of the holiday package. Buzzing out ma *

18. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Albufeira 2 weeks on Sunday, just to get away to lie by the pool with a beer will be magic.

charlietully likes this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If my Mrs gets the ok from her doctor next week and is able to fly then it's a trip to Corralejo in Fuerteventura where I'm sure wee Linda will have a pint of the black stuff ready and waiting in Murphy's Bar for me.

20. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    heading up to Fort William in a couple of hours for 3 days, plan to look at Ben Nevis, no climb it, just look at it then back to pub. maybe even look at the sea or loch then back to the pub, but that might be overstretching myself so probably bounce this looking at the sea *.

oh, I think there's some mountain bike competition going on, so if that's true I'll take a wee trip on the cable car and spit on the bikers.