1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    See you *! Stop the fake news was gutted last night, now I’m over the moon yaaaaaaaas

moravcik1888 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Fair play to Griff, he must have worked hard to be in a position to impress.

packybhoy likes this.
  3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Shut the * up and gies peace. He's the most unprofessional, laziest player to come through Celtic park in years. Has natural ability but can't be * trying a leg, can't be * training and getting fit, even though he's being paid millions to do so.
    He deserves every single bit of flak he gets and then some.

Wee Baldy and The Phoenix like this.
  4. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Postecoglou hasn’t met him in person yet. He hasn’t seen him on the pitch.

Posts a few videos of himself on Instagram doing runs on an astro and a few burpees in a gym and folk think he’s undergone some sort of transformation :56:

5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Anthony Stokes has PROVEN ABILITY

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What a idiotically OTT post. The only thing predictable is that you've thrown the toys out of the pram after being smugly happy that Griffiths was leaving then made to look a bit of * when it turned out he was going nowhere and had signed a new deal. 'Shambles of a club'...get a grip FFS.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * greeting cos Griff got another year, it's * tremendous :giggle1:

8. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Someone this unprofessional should be booted out the door of any club that has aspirations of being an elite modern-day outfit.

Instead he's getting a deal because there is such a lack of quality in the squad and the scouting network cannot be trusted to find a suitable replacement. The very definition of a shambles.

M 67, murphy88, Wee Baldy and 2 others like this.
  9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Too many getting their nickers in a twist over this, I assume he is on a reduced or incentive based deal, considering the situation we are in at the minute it dos make sense, that said I would have agreed if he left. Ambivalence I suppose.
    I have a soft spot for him so if and when he scores for us again I will celebrate a little more for him

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Jumping on another one of my post's. Flattering..

The club's no a shambles. Lol
    Griffiths deserves a new contract. Haha

Gifted a new contract because our club and recruitment is an embarrassment but I'm over the top. What a cabbage you are..

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Nail on the head there. No just about the recruitment of the playing staff either. Edouard is away and we have no time to bring in the two strikers we desperately need.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Honestly didn't expect this. I totally get it that some fans are happy with this and, like everyone else, I loved Griffiths when he was scoring goals for fun and winding up the huns whilst doing it however, I personally think that he has let the club and the fans down big time, especially last season. He was given several chances to get his act together which he didn't take and he forgets that he is getting paid for doing a job that we would all love to do. So, for me, it's the wrong decision.

Damnati likes this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You'll fit in well here.

SuperZidane and dbhoy72 like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Why would not have met him?

16. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I dont buy into all the negativity around the man, he has his issues and possibly wasnt fit when he should have been but I personally believe Neil Lennon exaggerated his lack of fitness and professionalism because he didnt like him. His latest interview where he left Griffiths without a name is a disgrace, and pretty much confirms my thoughts.

This is griffs last chance, I think he will come good for us. We cant afford to be throwing away goalscorers tbh

Paradise88 likes this.
  17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Could probably look past it if it was just Lennon mate. But the last three managers have publicly spoken out about his lack of professionalism and poor fitness

He’s been given too many chances IMO. There comes a point when enough is enough

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Lennon signed him. This myth that Lennon didn't like him is yet another * excuse from people who want to give Griffiths a free pass for being unprofessional and lazy.

It's never ending, the number of excuses people can find.

19. Lecs

I've been supporting and watching Celtic for * years and I've seen us * many a million up the wall on strikers who are dog *, don't make the cut, don't acclimatise to our league, our football. Huge wages, huge fees on muppets who make appearances then they go out on loan and end up leaving for a fraction of what we paid.

Ange is just in the door, it's a big ask for him to go out and sign a guy who can come in and rattle 20+ goals a season, know what it takes to get joy away to places like Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Fir Park etc. I agree that Grifffiths is a wee *, a wealthy ned from Leith. We all know he's a fud and is a mad *, like I say, a * ned on 18 grand a week. Had he been Italian or Swiss or something he might have got cut a bit of slack because there might have been a bit more of a mystery to this unfit malarkey, but we knew him well from his time at Hibs and his antics, to him then being with us.

As a few other posters have said, for the money he's going to be on and for a one year deal it's * all risk. Let's take Ajeti for example, 5.5 million quid, bigger wages than Griffiths, he's got this coming season to prove he's no a *. If he doesn't do the business then he's a * monumental failure at that money and those wages. Griffiths for a year, in the right frame of mind, in the zone with a new manager, new ideas, he could have the season of his life.

Leigh Grifffiths is the most natural goal scorer in the Scottish Premier League, and in the Scottish national team, without a shadow of a doubt. We've seen him rattle 40 odd goals a season before for us, we know what he can do. Aye people say that was years ago and he's scored 4 goasl this season and 7 that season but he's played second fiddle to Eddy and Dembele since 2016. He's not got the game time to really notch up the goal tally.

If a lot of our fans got what they wanted then Griffiths would be lining up against us for Hibs or Aberdeen, and you can bet your * bollocks that he would put us to the sword. So I'm glad he's not going to be a thorn in our side this season.

Chieftain likes this.
  20. SuperZidane

Ange said he has spoken with Griffiths and made it clear what his philosophy is and what Griffiths needs to do. Griffiths is better than any striker the Huns have.

It's down to Griffiths now - he's in the last chance saloon. If he doesn't deliver, he'll be benched/dropped and possibly away in the January window. As Ange said - anyone who cannot or will not adapt to his methods will fall by the wayside.

Frankly I'm dubious but, If Ange thinks its worth a punt - fair enough.

If we get Griffiths playing anywhere near his best, he net 20+ goals in the SPFL easily.

Lecs likes this.