1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wish him all the best, been a brilliant player for us, ut his time has come, probably came a while ago to be fair.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I can't stand Lennon but he quite clearly said Griffiths would have a long way back to playing at a high level..

In other word's, it'll never happen..

Some of us already know that. Also mentioned his lack of pace now, which is clear to see, his lack of fitness, culminating in regular injuries and a woeful attitude..

Give him a new deal though as he was a clinical striker for us year's ago. Lol..

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was just making the point that he very well could come back to haunt us. I wasn’t saying that in itself is a reason he should be kept on.

Look, I wanted him to stay. However, these antics suggest Ange has had his say and if Ange thinks it won’t work that’s plenty good enough for me.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If it is indeed Anges descision. No sign of Griff ever attending training for that face to face talks. How has Ange assessed him ? I hope Kennedy or anybody else has not installed their opinion of Griff onto Ange. Griff will end up at the Sheep on a free.

5. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    This is all coming from a guy who refuses to believe he had anything to do with our massive short comings last season. I wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth and quite frankly his personal attacks on griff are nothing short of hypocrisy at its absolute best. He has become the thing he hated most whilst at Celtic with his public outbursts against players etc.
    Every player deserves the chance to prove his worth to a new manager and that includes Griffiths. He shouldn’t be written off until the manager has reason to do so and if that’s the case then nobody including Griffiths can have any complaints

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Doesn't mean he's lying on this..

We all know it's the truth. Didn't need Lennon to confirm it really but that he did..

7. Lewis Kerr

Yep. He's completely let himself go. Doesn't even look like a professional footballer these days.

He was never blessed with real pace and strength but that's been even more magnified. He's done.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Your opinion of course, I just beg to differ:50:

9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I used to love him.

My feelings now have changed so much. Glad he missed the euro's and he only has himself to blame.

Let us down so much.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbf, I wouldn't listen to anything that Lennon has to say about anything.

The only real reason to keep him around is that we're losing a huge amount of players this summer and we need bodies. Is that a reason to keep him? What's one more person out the door anyway? He's over the hill and hasn't cut it consistently for us for one reason or another for over 4 years.

It's time for all that he moves on and if Ange has decided that, great. Ange won't want people who aren't going to give their all for the cause. Griffiths has proven time and again he won't do that.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

But you’re kicking off over him posting him working out in a Scotland kit. Making up false narratives when he’s publicly spoken about being left out the squad. He’s been working out in Celtic gear too. Nothing wrong with it he’s probably got drawers full of the stuff. Just think the constant * talking need to be stopped now, doesn’t matter if it’s on a forum he won’t see. There will be plenty of * DM’ing him.

He should absolutely leave social media, but he’s on it and he seems to be working hard. We will find out soon enough if that’s true or not.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s not unfollowed the club.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s ovb he’s waited to talk to other coaches and players about last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s mental how football manager got it bang on the money they had his attributes drop dramatically when he turned 30 retired at 32 on my save

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even after everything some * in our support still think Griffiths is worth persevering with.

Should be surprised but...

Any club with decent standards would’ve punted him a long time ago.

KG-Henrik and King of Kings like this.
  16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Amazed at the amount of time some folk still have for him.

Consider Edouard’s situation - talented forward with a languid style, whose had a poor season by his own high standards, and gets stick from the support accordingly. Yet he’s always in shape, and probably one of our most used players over the past few years.

Griffiths on the other hand is happy to pick up a wage and hasn’t given his best here for years, under a number of different managers. I just can’t be arsed with it anymore, and it’s something we’re going to have to move away from as a club if we’re going to progress. It isn’t enough to wind up the huns and make a cameo appearance now and again. If you’re not giving 100% day in, day out and living the lifestyle away from the stadium, then you probably shouldn’t be here .

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He unfollowed the club earlier. Must have changed his mind now.

Which is worrying…

Maestro 08 likes this.
  18. Yorkshirecelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Whilst he does suffer alot or mental health issues...

He did and still does have some quality about him.

It does not excuse his attitude. For me it's time for him to move on and I wish him them best.

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

100% mate. Mental health doesn’t come with a time scale in recovery. It definitely doesn’t clear up with medical advice or changing your habits and lifestyle overnight. I’ve been fighting my own mental health issues for probably around 6/7 years. I’m brilliant now but it’s always there and I could get out of bed tomorrow and be back in the slump. The club were brilliant for sticking by him but at his age and the time lapsed, unfortunately we can’t be patient forever and maybe a fresh start will be good for his mindset.

What is tiresome is that everyone has claimed that he has done this or hasn’t done that. Bad attitude. Bad diet. Gambling. Bad life choices. The fact is that none of us know the full story and most of these statements are made without the facts. It’s between Griff and the club and all these stories do him and his battle no favours.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    On a personal level i hope he can keep himself mentally and physically fit, from a footballing point of view his days as a Celtic player should be well and truly over.