1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok cheers brother :50:

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, he was defo in politician-mode with his answers but in the main he seemed okay.

Ange seemed more natural and less of the PR-bs, just straight answers....I liked that.

Bankier, again showing himself up as the snivelling wee creep he always will be. Mr Burns from the Simpsons.

The67Sound, JML67, bagforlife and 8 others like this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye and to be fair some of the question's were hard to answer at this point..

Aye Ange came across absolutely fantastic the whole way through. There's no way anyone can't like what he had to say today and I was liking the wee clips of how he was operating on the first day of training. Pushing them. Promising..

Bankier kept it short and sweet and just looked a snake throughout. Looking away at some of the harder question's and answer's. Gives off bad vibes to me..

martin_d, Seán Mac D and cat123 like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Thought the proper Presser he came across like the public school educated toff that he is.

He was far more engaging and down to earth in the fan media questions downstairs.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    There's only a certain way he can come across publicly. What he's like with us as a support is what matters to me.

I wasn't expecting some non educated Ned so couldn't care less about his accent.

Dannybhoy81, cat123 and martin_d like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Like the rest of them, they think this sort of stuff is beneath them and that they're only answerable to each other.

One of my uncle's brothers is in the corporate bit and said on the few occasions he's spoke to Bankier over the years, he comes across absolutely clueless about football.

cat123, martin_d and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. dmccourt95

Nice of him to let us know Lawell will be sticking around in some form after the renewals were in

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shouldn't need to persuade Desmond.

Desmond's a *, when it comes to fundamental stuff like signing new managers, big board room decisions.

Day to day running is down to the CEO.

In short, lawwell was tasked with balancing the books, he done that his way - cheap and lazy.

McKay will also be tasked with the same thing.
    The hope is that he does it with ambition at the fore, create more revenue and balance the books at a higher value.

It'll take more risks, but end of the day for the board, the result is the same.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

martin_d and AdamRS like this.
  9. DonnyCelt

I hope his work matches the passion he showed in the presser.

martin_d and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. Al Bootyerbaws

Something about this guy I don't like. Just seems a typical suit who will tell folk what they wanty hear. Gave some nice politician type answers like a few people have said. Time will tell if he does a good job.

11. celtic warrior

That is all true, but where shareholders will make money out of share prices, McKay's head will roll if he was left to his own devices and began having celtic run at massive losses because we are spending more and more to try and get this depleted squad deeper into Europe and domestic dominance.

He will be having to persuade DD to do certain things if he wants to match the ambition of his words with success on the pitch.

DD will have enjoyed certain perks of being a majority shareholder with Lawwell in charge, I doubt he will want to see those benefits change too drastically, too quickly.

Peej likes this.
  12. Mr Cleansheets

My impression (from the other side of the planet) is that McKay means well.

Whether he continues to mean well and act accordingly once the pressure is truly on...is a work in progress.

At the very least he's clearly nailed his colours to Ange's mast so I suspect will be keen to give him as much support as possible to avoid looking an idiot.

Sean Daleer and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. dmccourt95

With McKay saying that Lawell continuing his ECA role which you cannot do without being on a club board there’s a good chance he will be undermined. Hopefully he can gain power over lawells lackeys on the board

14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Liked it when he says if it’s alright for fans at Hampden and Wembley then it should be fine for fans at Celtic park

Rydo1888*, Crilly and Sean Daleer like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DOMINIC McKAY insists Celtic are ready to go again after last season’s catastrophic campaign.

The Parkhead club's chief executive admits ‘heads are down’ after their failed bid for ten in a row.

The Hoops endured a trophyless season for the first time in 15 years and finished 25 points behind Rangers in the league, with manager Neil Lennon sacked in February.

McKay has brought in Ange Postecoglou to try and take back the title.

But he revealed: “I have noticed — and it is entirely understandable off the back of sustained success, nine in a row, quadruple Trebles — that after a disappointing season the heads are down a bit.

“My job as the leader of the organisation is to lift everybody’s heads up.

To say this is an unbelievable club, it is a global club which attracts unbelievable talent and we are going to go again.

We are going to have a great journey again.

“My challenge is to make sure the future is really positive, building on the great foundations put in place by Peter Lawwell and the rest of the team.

“That we modernise and build those foundations out and that we benchmark ourselves, whether that is against Brentford or Seville or Manchester City or Liverpool.

That we take the best parts of European and world football, with Ange having been in Australia and Japan, and make sure it works for Celtic.

McKay quit Scottish Rugby for Celtic Park but insists he’s equipped for the challenges ahead.

He added: “I am no stranger to Glasgow.

"It is my town, so I understand the intensity and it has been great to spend time with the people here and with Ange over the last few weeks.

"What I think you will find from both of us is that we are laser focused in making sure we do what is best for the club to bring back success and do that in a way that is sustained.

“My challenge is to give leadership across the whole club, to make sure every part is benchmarked to be best in class.

“So I could not be more delighted to have Ange on board. It is going to be a great adventure for us all.”

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. snoogins

Like what he's said there, I just hope he follows through with these promises.

As a wee bonus, the comments on that a * amazing. Loads of * focusing on the fact he mentioned using Brentford as an example then shouting about how "we're a much bigger club". Even though Brentford are one of the best-run clubs in football right now

martin_d and Liam Scales like this.
  18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Can’t believe thats all that people are focusing on, kudos to Dom for actually recognising that Brentford are very well run.

martin_d likes this.
  19. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Left out some personal stuff, however, its nice to see a guy and his team reach out.

Dear Mr McGhee

Dom McKay would like to thank you very much for your contact via LinkedIn.

Dom has noted all that you have written and would like to thank you for ideas and suggestions, particularly your player recommendation, which he is very grateful to receive.

It was very good of you to get in touch and Dom really appreciates your good wishes.

Kind regards

AdamRS likes this.
  20. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Wait... What players did you suggest... :43: