1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Yep. Get him tae *. Don't care what we done under Rodgers w
    Yep. Get him tae *. Don't matter what he done under Rodgers. He was a big part of the shitshow of last season. For that alone he should be gone. All this crap about Ange needing someone who knows Scottish fitba!!! FFS there's other people who could fill thst void. If I made as big a * a things in my work I couldn't see me being kept on coz I know where the beans are.

seanm, Lennon1888, blackfish and 2 others like this.
  2. horseshoe

This is why I don't really understand people having a go at individual players this year for looking out of shape, griffiths and ajeti especially, when most of the squad looked miles off where they should be, ok some were definitely worse than others but it wasn't an individual problem, anything resembling professional standards for diet and fitness we'd built up during Deila/Rodgers time in charge had obviously gone out the window under Lennon again.

Lecs, seanm, blackfish and 1 other person like this.
  3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yes and no for me, professional athletes should be able to look after themselves regardless of the club culture around fitness, if you're seeing your levels dropping and not doing something about it then your lacking at a personal level and that is on individuals. The club as a whole though is where that issue was and what they did over the extended summer break to work with players.

Look at what Paddy did over the summer from when he joined, massive transformation physically and that was all on him, he's about the only one I can think of that came back noticibly changed for the better fitness wise

seanm likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see he’s his normal happy self again.

86262226-A33C-45E0-9FFD-41C60F10F8EC.jpeg

[​IMG]

5. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m not sure how he’s still here to be honest.

But if I was him, I wouldn’t want to leave this season. Ange has a reputation of being a great coach and Kennedy might feel his development as a coach could come a long way this season.

However, he’s sort of been here and through the whole system, it’s also time for him to go be a manager and see if he can be successful or not.

Over the last 5 or so years since he joined the first team it’s difficult to judge him without knowing his responsibilities. But we win a lot, and Rodgers did try to take him to Leicester and rated him highly.

Then Lennon comes in and he’s suddenly *? Could it be the orders from the different managers and responsibilities and standard were so different it impacted the level of coaching as well?

I just don’t think Rodgers would rate him highly if he was * but when he took charge of the team he did nothing to convince me that he wanted to do things differently. The style of play, the subs, the starting 11 just didn’t change enough to suggest he he didn’t have a big impact.

However, I do think it’s time for him to leave. Also, why do we hate Strachan so much? Genuinely have no idea what he does and why he’s hated other than always being on the laptop.

6. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Id keep big Mick though as a coach like Kolo was under Rodgers. Kennedy has to go, there needs to be freshness on the training pitch, not the same dour faces.

blackfish likes this.
  7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think you're missing the point here chief. No * decides who is or who isn't, apart from big Ange. If these guys are able to fulfil his needs, they'll stay. If not, they're gone.

Our opinions don't matter a *.

Liam Scales and The big Viduka like this.
  8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I know but i am just of the opinion Kennedy is a sly *, who snakes charms new managers into believing in him, but when left on his own last season we saw how good he really was. I really hope he brings in some fresh coaches.

buchanbhoy and RogicHasMagicToes like this.
  9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ange needs to realize or be made aware that Kennedy & Strachan Jr are still haunting faces from one of the worst seasons in Celtic history, if not the worst, they are two very dark clouds still hanging over the club from last season, they can't be allowed to pollute the dugout any further going into the new season where freshness in that area is badly needed.

It will take baws, baws that the spineless people above him didn't have, but it will be the correct decision, he'll have to take matters into his own hands and do the boards job for them with these two leeches.

john2061 and blackfish like this.
  10. SuperZidane

Like 99% of fans, I have no time for those two, However, that will not be Ange's concern - nor should it be. He should (and I'm sure he will) assess them over the next few weeks and, if it isn't working bring in his own people.

As I think Celtic fans are learning - he's very much his own man - if he doesn't want either or both, he'll have no problem letting them and Dom know.

Liam Scales and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They've been assessed already, they were in charge of the team together for about 3 months after Lennon left, they had a huge chance to show their worth and were proven to be completely useless, how could they have possibly improved on anything between themselves since then in terms of contribution to the dressing room?

As I said, they are dark clouds from one of our darkest seasons, Ange needs to clear the skies going into the new season and removing those two from position will go a long way to achieving that.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    blackfish likes this.
  12. SuperZidane

I have no time for them but Ange "needs to" do what he thinks is best and he will stand or fall on those decisions.

13. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Dom mentioned in the fan presser that the colt team is exciting because it opens up opportunities for players and staff alike ( or something along those lines), wonder if he has Kennedy in mind for that if ange doesnt want him.
    I dont actually think Kennedy is a terrible coach or anything but my * the man needs to show abit of ambition or backbone and go out on his own to a lower level club.

14. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    If Kennedy gets in charge of the colt team we can also just dissolve it. We've seen when he was manager of the first team how * he is at developing or promoting youngsters. Young players need the best coach available if you want to make first team players out of them. Not jobs for the boys coaches. We've seen im recent years how many players come through with such an approach. Our academy has mostly been a waste because of that.

blackfish, john2061 and seanm like this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If Ange is as aware of his environment as he seems to be this lad will be papped within a fortnight.

For it to come to that is an embarrassment to JK. Even if there weren’t opportunities elsewhere (which there will be as his reputation is good) he should have had some pride and a realisation that we are rebuilding and he’s hanging about like a bad smell.

16. seanm

Kennedy strachan have to go now or the fans wont buy it or renew.HH

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  17. seanm

Or what the board tell him to think

18. TheHappyLoss

The fans have already renewed but agree get they two to *.

19. john2061

Still think if these two are still here after Christmas then I think it's the board are dictating things and Ange needs to tell them either they go or I will .

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The predictable outcome for everyone.

At least Ange has been man enough to take full responsibility for the decision. If it goes Pete Tong then it's his head on the chopping block too.