1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

This

2. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Possibly it’s not so much attitude but more about communication, or more to the point his lack of the English language?

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think his attitude is a major problem. I'm happy for every player to have a clean slate, including the boys out on loan. If we can get something out of any of the boys then it's a win win. My thing is, is it a complete clean slate when Kennedy and Strachan are still there? Let's not forget that these two were part of a management team that failed to see the potential of both Soro and Turnbull from the off. The likes of Shved, Bayo, Boli, Connel and OConner could be genuinely good players who can make a massive difference to the team but these guys didn't see it before and what's the chances of them seeing it again.

James Mc likes this.
  4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Whatever those two clowns think, it won’t matter with Ange, he’ll decide what he sees with his own eyes and hears with his own ears.

Having seen Ange go about his business, he’ll have looked at what these players have done in their whole career. Ange will ask them the questions on and off the pitch. Their answers will be what decides.

In Shved’s case, there is definitely a player in there and if he wants to play, I think Ange will get him balling.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

This is the point about Ange and the backroom staff and how willing he is to accept things thrusted on to him.

Who is he hearing things from? You'd assume it would be these two, otherwise why would they remain? If he can't get them to * and doesn't want to listen to them, yet he keeps them here, that's not a good sign.

And then that brings in the other worry, if he is accepting (for legit and honest reasons) then he's willing to listen to these two clowns going forward, which is an even worse sign.

As for shved (in an attempt to keep this on topic), for me there is a player there and needs something to make something happen.

Does he need a friendly face? A compatriot? We would do a lot worse than chassing the Ukraine keeper if that would help him.
    Is it an attitude thing? It's not just here that he's had issues, so there is something larger than just Lennon being a * in this instance.

Who knows, but I would like to see more of him and the little we have seen he has looked promising

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    It sounds like the Belgian’s managed to get an attitude adjustment out of him, maybe we are looking at the last chance saloon. He plays as a RW and can play as a striker, if he has the attitude to press then I can see Ange getting something out of him.

As far as Ange working with the two clowns, think we’re just going to have to wait to see how that pans out.

Peej likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I remember he had a hard time at first over there, did the coach no come out and slate him at one point, then awhile later he came out with some praise about his attitude to work for the team or something.

Good signs if something/someone has kicked him up the *.

I wonder if he can play left wing though? Him and Mikey on the left, Forrest and Dembele on the right.

If Ange can work with young talent as great as we hope and those three live up to some part of expectations, then the wings could be sorted.

A lot of Ifs.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Sometimes it just takes a kick up the *. Others react to the arm around the shoulder and some just need a manager to believe in them. If Ange solves the puzzle I think the PL will come calling for this lad.

I just started rereading this thread, the hope the supporters had for this wee lad is mind blowing, it’s just up to Shved to get going and we’ll have the next Celtic legend.

With regards to the LW, looking at his stats he’s nowhere near as dangerous there. I honestly get the feeling Ange will stick him up top, especially if that’s what he thinks is best for the team.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shame if he hasn't fared well that side before, as ideally I do not want to limit Dembele game time either.

Although I'm sure we've heard before that Ange does like the inverted wide player to cut in? So maybe he could work something with one of them?

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Seen him play different systems over the years, depending on his player’s strengths. That might be a result of him having limited players to choose from with the national team. Seen the inverted wingers with fullbacks providing width, but have also seen wingers providing the width with fullbacks coming inside.

What I’ve noticed (only from highlights) is Shved isn’t phased by having players in front of him. I guess that’s a result of playing at Karpaty. Looks like the perfect player for playing up front on a break in Europe.

Peej likes this.
  11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Got a bad feeling he's refused to return to the club in order to push through a move to Belgium, haven't seen him in any pictures, wanted to see him get a new chance under a competent manager.

Disappointed if that's his attitude, he should have returned to the club for pre season as we still pay his wages.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * fantastic, if that's true.

13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Totally...first loan club even said work rate and attitude was not up to scratch

14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORGOTTEN Celtic outcast Marian Shved could be left in limbo at Parkhead with Mechelen struggling to reach another loan deal with the Hoops.

The Ukrainian enjoyed a fine season in Belgium after initially being criticised by his manager for being too introverted and became a key player for them last term.

Manager Wouter Vrancken has already indicated they want to get him back to Belgium, but they had to wait until Celtic appointed Ange Postecoglou.

Shved appears to have no future in Glasgow after not being included in their pre-season trip to Wales and has previously made it clear he wants to return to Belgium.

However, Mechelen have yet to reach an agreement with Celtic to bring him back on loan and aren't sure whether they will manage to strike a deal now.

Celtic have got rid of most of their unwanted, fringe players in the squad with Vakoun Bayo the latest to leave in a £1.4 million move to Gent

But they still have Shved on their books, despite him making it clear last month he wanted to play for Mechelen this season.

He said: "I want to stay in Mechelen. I was never given a chance at Celtic. I got the opportunity here that I didn't get at Celtic.

I am really pleased with how last season went because I had a lot of game time and that helped me build my confidence.

"At first when I arrived here, I didn't adapt to either my new club or Belgian football. But I got stronger both mentally and physically and I have been happy with my form.

"My loan spell is coming to an end and I want to stay at Mechelen because I know here I have the manager's trust.

"And no footballer can play without trust."

Shved, who still has two years left on his deal, made just three appearances for Celtic since signing in a £2 million deal as one of Brendan Rodgers' last signings, but made 22 appearances for Mechelen last season.

16. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Shved would impress just like Karamoko did at RW today if he was given the opportunity

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I think he should be giving a chance to impress too.

What have we got to loose, not like we have an abundance of options there.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Comes across as someone who really doesn't travel well. Practically admits it all himself, but the now desire to stay in Belgium is only because he finally gave it a chance and finally settled.

As per usual over the last (however many) few years at Celtic, we have woefully failed these players for various reasons.

We, as a club, was far too quick just to write him off and blame it all on him. Instead of helping the lad settle, instead of recognising that guys like Shved are just like Dembele, they are happiest when playing football and that helps them in so many ways.

No one was ever demanding he started every game, but he should have been getting reasonably regular sub appearances to build him in to the side. Criminal we didn't and I don't mean that just for his sake, but for the outlay we paid and then massive neglect to him as a person and as a player for this club. We do nothing to help ourselves in these situations.

LectersLuncheon and Garrymac1888 like this.
  19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Doesn't sound like he wants to come back or we want him back.

All the best...get what we can for him

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    He wasn’t wanted by any of our managers including Rodgers who was perplexed by him - he was literally a Peter Lawwell signing.

I’m not exactly concerned he wants to leave and I’m struggling to see any justification for keeping him.